Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Elwood : (27 September 2019 - 05:52 AM) I still come here everyday because this is still my homepage in Firefox! XD
@  Ezra : (25 September 2019 - 03:07 PM) I also miss the days the forums I used were more active :(
@  Fire Blazer : (15 September 2019 - 05:39 AM) I do kinda miss the days these forums were active :(
@  Ezra : (29 August 2019 - 04:14 PM) *BOX!!!*
@  kirant : (19 August 2019 - 12:49 PM) Huh. Bothammer time.
@  Elwood : (12 August 2019 - 05:57 AM) Oh, new posts! ...And it's bots. Kinda nostalgic actually.
@  xcrash1998 : (22 June 2019 - 09:24 PM) (Brushes dust of the Shoutbox)
@  Elwood : (17 June 2019 - 06:14 AM) *tumbleweed*
@  Lucina : (16 June 2019 - 09:19 AM) Whew. I haven't been here in forever.
@  Cero : (11 June 2019 - 06:51 PM) oof
@  kirant : (01 June 2019 - 05:54 PM) f
@  Fire Blazer : (30 May 2019 - 03:01 AM) rip
@  Valke : (29 May 2019 - 08:20 AM) bruh i deleted my discord a few months ago,,,,
@  Fire Blazer : (28 May 2019 - 01:59 AM) glad ur alive. join our Discord
@  Fire Blazer : (28 May 2019 - 01:59 AM) yo
@  Valke : (25 May 2019 - 03:08 PM) im alive, college finally gave me breaks (coupled with a few assignments i need to turn next week)
@  Valke : (25 May 2019 - 03:07 PM) hi
@  Valke : (25 May 2019 - 03:07 PM) guys
@  Fire Blazer : (25 March 2019 - 10:43 PM) how things have changed
@  Elwood : (12 March 2019 - 08:31 AM) (a sigh somewhere between small and large)

Photo

Making Progress...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Well. From here on out, I'm gonna be posting the progress I make on my Fire Emblem Hack. I don't know if I can really call it a hack, because all I really plan to do is add on to Fire Emblem 8 to make it more fun to play.
My goals are;

[X] Making Custom Battle Animations

[ ] To figure out how to make custom events, instead of just editing events that are already there.

[ ] I want to figure out how to make it so I can change the amount of enemies on the map.

[X] I want to figure out how to make my own classes.

[ ] I want to figure out how to make my own spell animations.

[ ] I want to figure out how to make my own weapon icons

[ ] I want to figure out how import music into the game.

[ ] I want to be able to make new characters.

[ ] I want to be able to make custom supports. And not just editing text.

[ ] And...I want to figure out...How to make it possible to have extra characters join on each map. Along with how to change which characters can recruit characters, and which characters have battle conversations with certain bosses.

Those are my main goals.

"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

#2 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

It looks like, despite the low amount of checks on your list, you are making very quick progress. I also like the idea you have here. Good luck on this!

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#3 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

Why thank you! Blazer's been helpin me, so it's only natural that I'd pick up quite a bit! XD
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:18 AM

That screenshot looks fake. Did you just edit it? It's not an actual game screenshot, is it? tongue.gif

Well, in any case, good luck with your project. Once you get a title for your game be sure to update the topic title XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

SOME MORE SCREENSHOTS YAY! BTW The first screenshot was two of my characters at their second classes. (They have ridiculous stats. XD) I used Nightmare to change them into the classes for testing purposes! XD ANYWAY...

user posted image
Unfortunately, I had to change my palette back into the old one...The one in my icon has too many colors....

user posted image
I turned one of the enemies into an Ally! But...Yeah...Didn't work how I planned...Died soon as it was their turn. XD

user posted image
Me rival! He starts out as an enemy! (Yeah he replaced Joshua.)

That's all I got for now...and as Stuffwell would say...

BACK TO ADVENTURE!!!

Oh wait. I'm hacking.

BACK TO HACKING.

Oh wait. Before I go, I post a question! How do I make patches?
Posted Image

#6 Fitz24

Fitz24

The man, the myth, the Fitz.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:50 AM

What? How did you get that swordsman animation? That's Harken's animation from FE7x......from Yeti.....

Also, nice hack, progress is looking good.

user posted image

Check out my Let's Plays!
http://www.youtube.c...tz?feature=mhum

Leif is the greatest character ever.

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:44 AM

1) The link sprite and Harken sprite look stolen. BwdYeti usually doesn't give permission for his sprites and the Link looks like The Blind Archer's and he usually doesn't give stuff without saying that you have to give him credit, which you haven't done in this post. tongue.gif

2) The first screenshot is most definitely a fake. http://i1083.photobu...7/arimibn/1.png this one, I mean. The HP bars for 40+ HP start from the left, not the right. Also, the name text is off-centered, and screenshots tend to have distinct palette parts that your image didn't have. Furthermore, I notice the stats are way too convenient--so many 9's? It seems like you were maybe lazy and just copy/pasted the 9's so you wouldn't have to add in other numbers. Otherwise why would the Hit for both somehow be 99, with damage of 29 and 19, and crit of 19 and 9... it's too unlikely.

3) The rest of the screenshots look pretty real, though. Too lazy to check in detail, I'll just assume they are.

4) Nice reference to Mario

So three things bother me here:

1) A portrait that looks like it was used without permission
2) A battle sprite that looks like it was used without permission
3) The fact that it seems like you lied about the first "screenshot" meaning you don't seem very trustworthy

Sprite theft is a bannable offense. If you remove all the content from this forum I won't ban you, or if you have permission to use said materials I won't ban you. If you can't remove it or give proof of permission within 3 days then I'll assume you stole it and understand the consequences but are continuing anyway. No one can stop you from doing whatever you want on your computer but in the internet community theft is looked down upon and sadly when you register on a forum, we gain control over the material you post to the site, so you CAN be controlled on a forum, even if you can't be controlled at home.

I'm not mad or anything, I'm just trying to explain the situation so you understand the seriousness of it. If someone from another forum finds out about this, they will be up your ass in seconds, and everyone will know about it. No one will play your hack and you'll be looked down upon (granted the awesomeness of anonymity is that you could probably make a new account, change your username, and not repeat the same things and get away with a new identity).

Well, uh, I think that's that.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Furetchen

Furetchen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:44 AM

Wait, you SERIOUSLY thought you could get away with this?

let me tell you something

lean in real close

YOU ARE A FU(KING MORON
FU(K YOU
YOU REALLY, REALLY THINK YOU CAN JUST TAKE TWO OF THE MOST OUT OF PLACE, RECOGNISABLE SPRITEWORKS OUT THERE
THROW THEM IN WITH THE REST OF THE CESSPOOL THAT IS THE REST OF YOUR PATHETIC ATTEMPTS AT ART
AND GET AWAY WITH IT

NO

YOU MAY NOT
YOU ARE IMPUDENT AND YOU SHALL EXPLAIN YOUR FAILURES

GO.
QUOTE (Falaflame @ Jul 12 2012, 08:35 AM)
While at it, go ahead, and tell your owner of your gay site

Official; he tolerates homosexuality less than he tolerates stealing and drinking blood.

#9 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

@Blazer

There weren't any names on the Sprite sheets. I just found em on Google Images. If you can provide me with contact info for the owners, I'd be happy to notify them, and remove them until further notice. Didn't know who they belonged to. And if I need permission, verify which ones belong to which please, and I will remove them until I get permission. And...What else...Oh yeah, How do I edit posts? I don't know how. As for the screenshot, I did edit it a bit cause it glitched up and the stats didn't show up. But that is a screenshot from my game. But like before, please let me know how to get rid of the stuff, cause I didn't mean to steal them. It's just if I find a sprite sheet that doesn't say, "Give credit to {X}" or "Ask permission first" I assume it's free for use. Please give me some further in so I can correct this mistake.

@Furecthen I will accept any and all insults. I now know I made a mistake. And if you choose to insult me for this mistake, then I will accept it. I don't know if you could tell or not, but I am new. So yeah. I'll probably make mistakes. I would be very happy if you all could just tell me when I do, so I won't do it again in the future. If you know how I can edit my previous posts, or delete them all together, please tell me. Or if you have any contact info for the owners so I can apologize, please tell me.
Posted Image

#10 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

Before you all ask, This is what my screen looks like. So the edit or delete button may be right in front of me, but I just don't recognize it.
user posted image
Please help me if you can. I would also like to make clear that if I need to be punished, I will accept any and all punishments. I would like to correct this mistake.
Posted Image

#11 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

arimibn, the edit button is on the top of your post, second button from the right. Simply remove the stolen material from your hack and from the post.

Furetchen, don't avoid filter, and don't flame. Thanks.

user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#12 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Oh Shu, you so boss.

arim, you seem enthusiastic towards hacking, even if you accidentally stole sprites. I'd recommend taking time to learn how to make your own- it can be quite rewarding and fun, actually.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#13 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

^That

^^That too

Get a better computer or browser or internet or something, your images aren't even loading. Try a different skin maybe (see bottom left).

I am going to lock this thread due to stolen material. Just so you know, just because it is on google does not mean that it is free to use. If you use sprites you find on google likely they will be on a site, and if you view the site it's from, you can check to see if the person has given permission to use them or not. If not, you can ask them--however, without permission, you lack the right to use sprites.

Because you seem very... ignorant (can't think of a nicer word, sorry) about how the internet works, and you apologized, I'm not going to ban you (though I'm sure plenty of people would like it if I did >___>). However, please do not use sprites you have not received permission to use or did not make yourself. Furthermore, don't go around telling lies; usually if we care enough, we can see through them. I'm not sure how old you are but the internet world isn't completely stupid and naive, and as you gain more experience it should become obvious what is and isn't okay to do. (Note: reading the rules might help too)

With that, this topic will be locked, and if you make another mistake like this again I'll have no choice but to remove you from the forums, regardless of whether it was an accident or not. Furthermore, this goes without saying, but you should really remove the stolen content from your hack, assuming all those screenshots are real and not fake. There are people around the internet who would sue you for using sprites that aren't yours. >____>

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#14 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

Alright! Thank you so much! I'll get right on it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users