Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fire Blazer : (15 September 2019 - 05:39 AM) I do kinda miss the days these forums were active :(
@  Ezra : (29 August 2019 - 04:14 PM) *BOX!!!*
@  kirant : (19 August 2019 - 12:49 PM) Huh. Bothammer time.
@  Elwood : (12 August 2019 - 05:57 AM) Oh, new posts! ...And it's bots. Kinda nostalgic actually.
@  xcrash1998 : (22 June 2019 - 09:24 PM) (Brushes dust of the Shoutbox)
@  Elwood : (17 June 2019 - 06:14 AM) *tumbleweed*
@  Lucina : (16 June 2019 - 09:19 AM) Whew. I haven't been here in forever.
@  Cero : (11 June 2019 - 06:51 PM) oof
@  kirant : (01 June 2019 - 05:54 PM) f
@  Fire Blazer : (30 May 2019 - 03:01 AM) rip
@  Valke : (29 May 2019 - 08:20 AM) bruh i deleted my discord a few months ago,,,,
@  Fire Blazer : (28 May 2019 - 01:59 AM) glad ur alive. join our Discord
@  Fire Blazer : (28 May 2019 - 01:59 AM) yo
@  Valke : (25 May 2019 - 03:08 PM) im alive, college finally gave me breaks (coupled with a few assignments i need to turn next week)
@  Valke : (25 May 2019 - 03:07 PM) hi
@  Valke : (25 May 2019 - 03:07 PM) guys
@  Fire Blazer : (25 March 2019 - 10:43 PM) how things have changed
@  Elwood : (12 March 2019 - 08:31 AM) (a sigh somewhere between small and large)
@  kirant : (12 March 2019 - 05:40 AM) (larger sigh)
@  Fire Blazer : (11 March 2019 - 08:49 PM) (small sigh)

Photo

Hell Breaks the Front Lines

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zanryu

Zanryu

? Thank You, Pain.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

NOTE: I'll be bypassing the filters Blazer has put in place, but I've received permission directly from him, so don't get on my case. I prefer NOT to have my work be altered in the least, not even by a little asterisk here and there as a filter. There's nothing I hate more than an annoying person except for when my creativity is messed with. So yeah, aside from that, enjoy.

CHAPTERS
Prologue
Chapter 1

It was damn dark, I could barely see two feet out in front of me, and I was all alone in the damn school. You’re probably wondering what I’m on about, right? Well, here’s what went down…

Friday, June 13th, 2014

It’s been three months since Hell found its way to Earth. The American Armed Forces have pushed the world into a state of constant lockdown. No one leaves where they are, no one gets in. The only way to walk around nowadays is with a weapon, and you better know how to fucking use it. My name is Jacob Mathers, U.S.M.C., Private First Class. I’ve been with the Marine Corps for the past five years, joining the day I turned nineteen. I never expected this one though.

It was dark, it was cold, it was wet, no one but me. I walked down Hollywood Blvd. as cautiously as I could, holding my flashlight backwards in my left hand, aiming my pistol with my right. I rested my right hand on my left, keeping the light on my shot; in front of me at all times…

“Where the fuck did Crosby go?” I asked myself under my breath, scanning the sidewalk attentively. I’d seen no sign of human life in the past two days around here, only the bodies of Hell’s remnants and Earth’s last stand. I thought I was going crazy, I really did. I heard things – things people don’t hear when they’re normal. I didn’t know what they were, but they scared the hell out of me.

I flattened myself against the wall, sliding silently across it to the corner. I peeked out, seeing nothing immediately, but I wasn’t able to see too far ahead of me. The sun would rise in a few hours, and the burning red sky would scorch my back as I searched for Sergeant Crosby. I had to find somewhere shady when the sun came up, otherwise I’d be dead before I got anymore action.

I pulled off of the wall and rounded the corner, returning to my previous stance; light in front, pistol above, sight fixated on the light. As the light moved up, I saw a figure hunched over, crawling forward on all fours, it’s black, beady eyes staring dead into my calm, blue eyes. I knew immediately it wasn’t human, and I knew damn well I had to get rid of it before it got rid of me. The only problem from there was how I would do it silently.

No pain, no gain.

I stepped closer to the creature and pulled my pistol across my body, swinging it down hard. I smashed the butt of my pistol against the thing’s head, knocking it flat on its back before I promptly plowed my foot into its face, hearing the satisfying cracking of bone and splatter of gore wetting the streets. I didn’t bother looking at the smashed head, I didn’t bother looking at the gore on my boot, all I did was return to my position and walk on through the darkness.

As I walked the sidewalk, I could swear I heard the clicking of claws on pavement and creaking wood, but there was nothing wherever I looked. After a few more hours of fruitless searching, the sun began to break over the horizon, and the creatures would be coming out of hiding soon.

So, this story is based around the events that take place after odd creatures, dubbed "Hell's Minions" by most humans end up on Earth. The U.S. Marine Corps and the rest of the Armed Forces have fought bravely, but are ultimately failing.

The introduction may be confusing at first, but if I finish this off it'll make sense. After the introduction paragraph, where it shows the date, that's where the journal sequence starts off. Every chapter will begin with the date and a couple paragraphs from Jacob Mathers' war journal, then it will go to a memory of the events after the cut off of the paragraphs, with more detail and a deeper recollection of the events of that day.

Hope you enjoy, I know I enjoyed writing this.
Kill - Win - Live - Die
Gráficos Santuario, the English spriting board with a Spanish flare.

user posted image user posted image user posted image
user posted image user posted image
Credit to Aeorys for the sig.

#2 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:03 AM

Sounds pretty cool. I dont read the writing that much, but it looks like a good story.
user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#3 Zanryu

Zanryu

? Thank You, Pain.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:16 AM

Well, I appreciate you checking this out if you don't read stuff often. I'd appreciate if you check out more progress when it's posted, as well. I've got most of the first chapter written, I'm going to either continue later or tomorrow and finish that off. I'm trying for longer chapters than my usual works, so yeah, I'll stretch them over a period of time so I can keep my interest and not over work myself.
Kill - Win - Live - Die

#4 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:41 PM

Sounds good. Ill check back on this every once in a while.
user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#5 Zanryu

Zanryu

? Thank You, Pain.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:07 AM

Friday, June 13th, 2014 - 1200 Hours

A few hours have passed since I encountered that damn thing, the sun is up and the enemy has taken to the streets. I have to move around secretly in the dark at all times, inside a building during the day and outside at night. Even then, I'm never safe, there are always stragglers. My last entry, set at 0500 hours, is only a small dose of what has happened in the past three months.

In the last week, my squad, lead by Sergeant Crosby, has been slowly picked apart and destroyed. Crosby and I are all that are left as far as I know and I'm getting homesick. I told my wife I'd be home in a month or so, after this situation was investigated... but they killed my wife while I was away. Crosby's my only link to the past, I can't lose the Sarge too.

That's all for today, it's time for my search.

Saturday, June 14th, 2014

My search for Sarge came to an end last night. As the sun set, I took it upon myself to step outside and find a spot to hide while my hunters attempted to return to the darkness. When the darkness had fallen entirely, I checked my watch to find that it was 2200 hours, just late enough to start my search without a flashlight...

I walked out of the quiet alley, walking down the street as quickly as I could without making a sound. I kept my pistol aimed ahead of me, straining my eyes to see what wasn't there. I scratched the back of my head, thinking hard. My thoughts, however, were interrupted quickly.

A cry of pain from a man, inside a nearby building. I recognized it from a time when Sarge had been shot in the knee right next to me. A sniper had set up across the battlefield and took out the Sergeant's knee when he stood to release a few bursts into the enemy lines. I was the first to react, planting a sniper round right between the eyes of the enemy's sniper.

I had no time to think back on the good days now, it was kill or be killed 24/7 from here on out. I ran my hand through my short, brown hair, darting towards the building. The cries of agony continued, and I busted the door down in an instant. I pulled my flashlight from my belt and flicked it on, setting myself up in my usual stance, taking a good look about the building.

"Sarge, I'm coming. Hold on a bit longer, you can do it." I whispered to myself, darting up the staircase to my left and rubbing my eyes with my forearms. As I turned the corner at the top of the stairs, a demon-like creature leaped at me, extending a clawed hand towards my shoulder and let out a horrendous screech. The claws dug into me, piercing just to the left of my heart. I grunted, keeping my pain bottled up as I listened only to the Sarge crying out for help.

I pulled my pistol up and planted the barrel on the creature's chin, pulling the trigger and watching the brain matter, skull fragments and blood splatter along the ceiling and walls. That didn't take it out however - it just pissed it off more.

"Oh fuck no!" I muttered, pushing myself and the clawed hand to the left, avoiding a claw headed towards my face. Dropping the flashlight, I kicked the bastard backwards and pulled his clawed hand from my shoulder, shouting as the thick bladed fingers came loose. I fired another shot into the chest of the bastard, dropping him on the spot. Wincing, I picked up my flashlight and held it low at my side, unable to lift my arm from the wound. I turned the corner nearest corner, seeing two demonic figures standing over a bleeding, disarmed Sergeant Crosby.

"Ma-Mathers... help me, end it..." he muttered, gasping for air, not a single tear in sight. This man was brave; strong... the only time he'd as for death was if it was on its way as it was, so I knew it was bad. I readjusted my aim and fired two rounds into the head of one of the demons, bringing his ass to the ground in an instant. The second demon turned to me, licking its bloodied hands, and lunged forward, mouth stretched open wide.

I ducked low, dropping onto my back and kicking upwards, slamming the beast in the abdomen and knocking it into the air. I rolled right, screaming as all the weight shifted onto my left arm, but I kept moving. Swinging my arm over my body, I pulled the trigger repeatedly, firing at the demon that had just hit the ground. I heard the blood spraying along the ground from the sheer force of my pistol, and I figured the thing was dead. I stood slowly, looking about the now nearly silent room and winced as I pulled a magazine of ammunition from my belt.

"Son of a bitch, fucker almost got my face there." I said, holding back the scream as I reloaded my pistol, cocking it as I finished. I looked at the body of the things I'd just killed; they didn't look human in the least, aside from the bone structure. The muscles were deformed and placed weirdly along the body. The necks looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger's arms, for Christ's sake! I turned to Crosby and knelt by his side.

"Mathers... Jacob... help me out..." he muttered, gargling the blood in his throat at the same time. His body was cut up, bruised and bleeding like mad, he was definitely going to die no matter what. I stared wide eyed, my mouth refusing to close. I felt the pain in my shoulder, but it was nothing compared to what I felt in my mind. It felt like guns firing next to my ears, hammers beating on my skull, everything started to hurt in my mind. Crosby reached out and grabbed my wrist with one hand, lifting my pistol to his forehead.

"Do... do it..." Sarge whispered, releasing the pistol. I couldn't move, my finger stayed completely rigid, my arm refused to drop. I didn't know what to do, but I didn't want him to suffer. I was scared for the first time since I came back from Iraq, scared for the first time in three years. "Take my guns... and my stripes... Sergeant Mathers..."

My heart skipped a beat, and I didn't have anymore words running through my mind. I respected him so much, but he was doomed no matter what. He shouldn't suffer, but I couldn't bring myself to watch him slowly die at first... but I knew he was thinking I should watch him go out, watch him breath his last breath. I mouthed the words 'I'm sorry', and pulled the trigger.

I stood slowly, a single tear streaking down my face as I holstered my pistol. Was this the new world? Did we have to kill friend and foe alike to save humanity? I didn't know, but I couldn't take Sarge's stripes, not after what he'd done for me. I turned my head from his corpse and found his weapons, as well as a partially used first aid kit. I guessed he'd been injured recently before his final encounter, but there was still enough to bandage up my shoulder.

Pulling the remaining bandage from the kit, I also pulled the last needle and what was left in the vial next to it onto my lap. I read the label, or at least tried to, but the writing had faded long ago. I knew what it was, however, so I didn't hesitate to use it. Pulling the cap from the needle, I inserted it into the vial and turned it upright, holding the vial and needle steady in one hand and filling the needle with the remainder of the serum with my teeth.

I carefully injected myself with the medication, wincing as the cold rushed through my body, then I felt nothing in my shoulder. I tossed the needle aside, grabbed the bandage and went to work wrapping it up as tight as I could. I went across my shoulder and arm, but I stretched it across my chest as well, just for good measure. When I was done, I clipped it on and also looked around for something more secure. All I found was thread, and I got to thinking.

That was when it hit me. I grabbed the needle I had just used on myself and broke it off, bending the end into a loop and slid the thread through the loop. I carefully stitched the bandage together to secure it even more, and then I stood up and prepared to move.

"Rest in peace, Sarge." I pulled the dog tags from the Sergeant's neck and sliding them around my neck. I slid my uniform back on over the bandage and retrieved the Sarge's weapons; an assault rifle with a built in scope, as well as a shotgun. Slinging the shotgun over my left shoulder and under my right arm, I took the assault rifle in hand and looked it over. It had a built in flashlight, which was perfect for this situation. Flicking the flashlight on, I walked out of the room slowly, shutting the door behind me to give Crosby the peace he deserved.

It's fucking quiet out here...what the hell is with these things?

I adjusted the rifle under my arm and flicked the flashlight on, walking down the hall quietly. The lights had all gone out and were now flickering at random, but long enough each time you could catch the blood splattered on the walls and the flies swarming the air.

I heard something slide along the ground and my heart just about stopped. I slid against the wall to my left and flicked the flashlight on the rifle off and felt around to find something to throw. After finding nothing but the bleeding arm of a corpse, I swallowed my fear and flicked the light back on, adjusting myself and preparing for a big shock - figuratively, of course.

Stepping forward, I looked at the nearest door and fixated my light on it. My heart racing, I kicked the door in, revealing the most gruesome face I'd seen in the past three months. Swinging my hand up the side of the rifle I flicked the switch, setting it to a single shot mode and let a round off, striking the thing right in the eye. As it stumbled back, I entered the room and swung the butt of the rifle out, smashing the thing in the face.

As the thing crumpled against the wall, screaming in such a shrill tone that I could have sworn the glass was shaking, I watched it squirm. I stepped forward and planted my foot on its face, aiming the light on the scene about to unfold. As it grasped my ankle, I pulled my foot back and booted the bastard hard, crushing almost the entirety of its ugly face against the wall, splattering brain matter and blood across the floor.

That one was for the Sarge.

Turning to leave the room, I heard something sliding in the hallway outside. Eyes wide, I bolted to the door and slammed it shut, pushing a nearby filing cabinet in front of it. I knew damn well that wouldn't do shit, but it was the thing closest to me. I saw shadows in the window as the lights outside flickered... the one right up against the door seemed to have a distorted skull, a bump jutting out about three inches from the top of it's head, as well as one on the side of his face. I flicked my flashlight off and placed the rifle on the ground, pulling the shotgun from my back into my hands. Cocking the gun, I stepped towards the door, waiting patiently for something to happen.

Come on pretty boy, I can't wait here all night you know.

Just then, I heard the door handle jiggling. He pushed, and I pushed back. Knocking the door closed, he let out a ferocious growl as I shattered the door's window. He looked me dead in the face before mine was replaced with a shotgun barrel. The last thing I saw before I pulled the trigger was its eyes going wide from around the shotgun. I fired, and I heard the chunks hit the wall and ceiling, I heard the body crumple, and I felt the door fly open and knock me across the room.

Scrambling to figure out what had just happened, I felt around for my rifle, barely grasping the side. I pulled it close to me, but before my eyes had adjusted and my rifle was in my hands again, I was lifted from the ground, held against the nearest wall by my throat. I was pushed straight against the window, where just enough moonlight shone through for me to see my attacker. I smirked, and his tongue slithered out of his mouth and rattled, much like a snake's. I reached down and grasped the barrel of my shotgun, cocking it with one hand and popping it up into the air.

"Eat shit, big boy." I said, grasping the butt of my shotgun and firing a shell with a single hand. The recoil on my single arm caused my elbow to pop out of place at that angle, but it took the bastard off of me and brought him to the ground. Shrieking, I collapsed to my knees and grasped my elbow, sliding my sleeve up above it. I saw my elbow sticking out at an odd angle, and I knew I had to put it back in place... I also knew I was going to cry like a fourth grader.

Turning and forcing my elbow against the wall, I felt my tears burning in my eyes, I felt the pain in my elbow like nothing else, I felt the rage boiling up inside of me. I heard a gruesome snapping sound, and I fainted on the spot.

When I woke up, the sun outside was rising and my eyes went wide. Panicking, I slung my shotgun across my back as I stood and picked up my rifle, forgetting about my elbow already. Wincing, I nearly dropped the damn thing, but I held on and used it as a support.

"Damn, that hurts..." I muttered, looking at the bodies along the ground, the blood on the floor and walls. I lowered my rifle in my right hand, carrying it with just the one hand as I walked slowly to the door. Looking out into the hall, I saw no one. I knew that the sun was high enough for the creatures to be outside already, and I knew that I was almost all alone in the building - almost.

Sunday, June 15th, 2009

So I wasted a night, and I'm trapped until sundown, then it would be a fight for my life. Unless I managed to escape now and make it to a new building before I burned alive from the heat or got torn to pieces by the demons... I figure I'll sit pretty and wait for nightfall, or damn near it.

Kill - Win - Live - Die

#6 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:15 PM

First of all, I respect your decision to ask FB to bypass his filters. I don't like my work to be messed up either, but I don't usually use the words he has filtered in my stories anymore, so I never thought to ask him if I could bypass his filters. Secondly, the story looks good so far. I might have some constructive criticism later.
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#7 Zanryu

Zanryu

? Thank You, Pain.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:46 PM

I await said criticism, then. 8D
Kill - Win - Live - Die

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users