Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  xcrash1998 : (15 December 2018 - 08:42 AM) It is always nice to have a chat
@  Elwood : (14 December 2018 - 08:21 PM) Hola amigos! I am still alive! Boy I miss this place being active.
@  Mage Girl : (13 December 2018 - 09:56 AM) A wild Mage Girl appears! Hi people who may or may not remember me lol
@  Fire Blazer : (08 December 2018 - 06:57 PM) but as they say a country is made of its people so IMO FES itself is still kind of alive so long as its people still talk a bit and remember the good times XD
@  Fire Blazer : (08 December 2018 - 06:56 PM) also yeah we're alive just not the forum really lol
@  Fire Blazer : (08 December 2018 - 06:56 PM) ...?
@  Rujio : (07 December 2018 - 07:03 AM) We're just mostly not actually here
@  kirant : (06 December 2018 - 08:41 PM) We're alive. I think.
@  Ezra : (06 December 2018 - 04:25 AM) It's been AGES since I logged in last, how's FES doing?
@  Ramiel : (04 December 2018 - 04:42 AM) Yo
@  acceptance : (03 December 2018 - 05:43 PM) truly
@  Fire Blazer : (02 December 2018 - 07:42 PM) i see
@  Mig64 : (28 November 2018 - 07:58 PM) I'M PRETTY SURE SOMEONE DID SAY CAPS LOCK
@  Fire Blazer : (28 November 2018 - 01:21 AM) DID SOMEONE SAY CAPS LOCK
@  acceptance : (25 November 2018 - 11:29 PM) MY CAPS LOCK IS ALSO FUNCTIONAL
@  Cero : (19 November 2018 - 09:52 AM) woah, been a bit since ive been on here
@  Mig64 : (17 November 2018 - 03:28 PM) @kirant AND MY AXE.
@  Fire Blazer : (17 November 2018 - 07:37 AM) yo hey it's Valke. hope you're doing well. as you can see the forums are dead, but it is what it is, eh
@  xcrash1998 : (15 November 2018 - 10:05 PM) It is alright, i have nothing to complain about
@  Valke : (14 November 2018 - 10:36 AM) how are you guys doing

Photo

FE7: More than 4 Sacred Weapons

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 shadowofchaos

shadowofchaos

??????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

Video: Fire Emblem The Blazing Sword: More than 4 Sacred Weapons Hack - Video by shadowofchaos725

QUOTE (Youtube Video Description)
Patch: http://dl.dropbox.co.....pons Hack.ips

Xeld said I was "close" with my ASM code...

But meh... Thank Xeld for the fix...

This puts an array, a "list" at the offset 0xFFFC90 in the FE7 ROM of each item if it is "sacred" or not with that Flash and/or Background Music...

You take the hex value of that item that you want to make sacred/not... and add it to the offset.

For example, Excalibur has the item ID of "0x3D"...

0xFFFC90 + 0x3D = 0xFFFCCD

At 0xFFFCCD, you can have three kinds of values:

0x00 = No BGM or Flash
0x01 = BGM and Flash
0x02 or anything else = Flash Only

FINALLY, we're not limited to just changing 4 items... XD

Yep, a bunch of thanks to Xeld ._.

If you FILL up the Custom Animation Module, then you might end up with sacred iron swords and more... XD

However, since you can point anywhere for the battle animation pointer, that's not really a problem now is it? tongue.gif

Disassembly:

http://i22.photobuck...sassembly-1.png

Xeld's screenshot in "Hextator's Doc"

http://i22.photobuck...WeaponsHack.png

The only thing he forgot in his screenshot is the "ldrb" which he stated when he showed me the screenshot...

ldr r1, =$8FFFC90
ldrb r0, [r1, r0]
b 0x080533e6

At least that's what he said to me after making the crap I did (which didn't work btw) into 3 lines...

No idea about the instructions after the branch...

Specifically, the "blh $0920" (what's "blh"?) and the logical shift right ._.
user posted image

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:00 AM

Cool stuff, man. It's too bad we can't change the music that plays with the item, too. XD.

Thanks for sharing it anyhow.

Just one request. Please link to images so that they don't stretch the screen. Thanks man.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 Blitzzurger96

Blitzzurger96

BAZINGA!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:SAO, my anime club, Otaku Fest, FPS, Final Fantasy XII - Revenant Wings, D. Gray-Man, Kingdom Hearts, Soul Eater, etc.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

This puts an array, a "list" at the offset 0xFFFC90 in the FE7 ROM of each item if it is "sacred" or not with that Flash and/or Background Music...

You take the hex value of that item that you want to make sacred/not... and add it to the offset.

0x00 = No BGM or Flash
0x01 = BGM and Flash

So let me get this straight, if you want to make Excalibur a legendary weapon, you have to change the 0x00, 0x01 or 0x02 somehow? How would you do that?

lucina_sig_by_blitzzurger96-d5zzbsy.png

Please click this link for easy, redeemable gift cards for things like Steam, PlayStation Network etc: http://free.dawn-dow.../?ref=DueGyrgQc

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Through a hex editor, such as HxD. If you don't know how to use one, try google or the Ultimate Tutorial, they can help.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Blitzzurger96

Blitzzurger96

BAZINGA!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:SAO, my anime club, Otaku Fest, FPS, Final Fantasy XII - Revenant Wings, D. Gray-Man, Kingdom Hearts, Soul Eater, etc.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Blitzzurger96 @ Jan 22 2013, 07:20 PM)

0x00 = No BGM or Flash
0x01 = BGM and Flash

So let me get this straight, if you want to make Excalibur a legendary weapon, you have to change the 0x00, 0x01 or 0x02 somehow? How would you do that?

QUOTE (Blazer @ Jan 22 2013, 08:06 PM)
Through a hex editor, such as HxD. If you don't know how to use one, try google or the Ultimate Tutorial, they can help.

I mean, i know how to use hxd to barely get around, but i guess my question was vague. Anyways do you just add it like normal? 0xFFFCCE? also, i know this isn't the appropriate place to ask, but can i use your FE7 instrument patch and tutorial killer patch?

Please click this link for easy, redeemable gift cards for things like Steam, PlayStation Network etc: http://free.dawn-dow.../?ref=DueGyrgQc

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

you don't have to ask to use utility patches (at least not mine), but my tutorial killer patch supposedly has some bugs that I never worked out, so I suggest Arch's instead (you should also be able to find it on FEShrine's patch page)

Anyhow you have to apply his patch first before using this hack; once you do it, then you can edit the offset relevant to the item ID to make it either 0x00, 0x01, or 0x02, with the values having the effects as mentioned above.

Hopefully that helps I haven't actually used this patch myself though so sorry if I'm wrong

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Blitzzurger96

Blitzzurger96

BAZINGA!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Jan 22 2013, 08:31 PM)
Anyhow you have to apply his patch first before using this hack; once you do it, then you can edit the offset relevant to the item ID to make it either 0x00, 0x01, or 0x02, with the values having the effects as mentioned above.

Hopefully that helps I haven't actually used this patch myself though so sorry if I'm wrong

Okay so, I found out what you meant, but I tried to turn the flash off, I have no idea for that. Hopefully, i will be able to figure it out but, i shouldn't think that would happen.

#8 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Eh... yeah, I don't really understand what you did... if you want more help, feel free to post more details and maybe some pics of your hex editor and stuff, not really sure what to say now but "good luck" XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#9 Blitzzurger96

Blitzzurger96

BAZINGA!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Jan 24 2013, 12:26 PM)
Eh... yeah, I don't really understand what you did... if you want more help, feel free to post more details and maybe some pics of your hex editor and stuff, not really sure what to say now but "good luck" XP

What i mean is that 0x00 = No BGM or Flash, 0x01 = BGM and Flash, 0x02 and beyond = Flash only. All weapons except for a few have 00, and in-game, it has flash on, no bgm. I tried 0x02 on Iron Sword, still flash. I don't know what to do about that.

#10 Blitzzurger96

Blitzzurger96

BAZINGA!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Sorry for the double post. But Blazer told me to take a picture of my hex editor with the patch on and here it is.

Attached Files

• Attached File  544   4KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users