Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Staff exp gain editing?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 badkiara

badkiara

Capitalism, ho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Interests:Girlz<br>Girls<br>Vacation :D<br>PERSONA 4 FUCK YEAH<br>Recettear<br>^Child me lawl

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:35 PM

I need a bit of help with editing just a normal Heal staff (or Live as in the nightmare files)

I only want one thing to change but I don't know how >_<
When you normally heal with a Heal (or Mend) staff it will give 10 or 11 exp, I have seen in a video (just forgot what video xD) that it can be doubled to 20 or something around that, I was wondering how to do that? (Means less time arena abusing my healers xD)

Thanks in advance.

Just in case: This is for FE8 (obviously) but it would be cool if I knew how to in FE7 as well (probably the same but you never know
Best FE character (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
QUOTE (Seraphinox)
The "Best" character is easily matthew, because without him theres no S Rank

Seraph approved of me being awesome user posted image (refer to "Best of them all in Fire Emblem General Discussion)
I know he means the character Matthew but whatever

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:37 PM

I do believe if you change the Class Relative power to like, 0x01, it will change any given class's experience.

But if you want to change the staff experience, load your ROM with FEditor and save it to apply the auto patches. One of the autopatches hacks the staff experience. Then you'll need FEditor's doc to find out how to hack such things:

QUOTE (FEditor Adv Doc)
This patch allows the modification of how much EXP items 0x4A through 0x58 will give when used as
staves; the bytes for each are consecutively located at 0x000CB528.

It's referring to the Staff EXP hack. So use a hex editor to go to 0x000CB528 or use a nightmare module (if you want a nightmare module for it, I can give you one) and change the first byte there (for the heal staff, which is 0x4A) to however much experience you want. That's all you need.

If you want the NMM just reply and I'll get it to you whenever I'm free.

EDIT: DANG! I missed the last line and didn't realize it was FE8 until I saw your OTHER topic. And btw it is NOT obvious you were talking about FE8, but you copied and pasted from the FE8 forum where it was obvious.

Everything that I said only applies to FE7 except for the class relative power (I think), so yeah, you can't really hack the staff experience for FE8 or FE6 unless you know how to ASM hack yourself... sorry. =(

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 badkiara

badkiara

Capitalism, ho!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Interests:Girlz<br>Girls<br>Vacation :D<br>PERSONA 4 FUCK YEAH<br>Recettear<br>^Child me lawl

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ January 02, 2010 06:37 pm)
I do believe if you change the Class Relative power to like, 0x01, it will change any given class's experience.

But if you want to change the staff experience, load your ROM with FEditor and save it to apply the auto patches. One of the autopatches hacks the staff experience. Then you'll need FEditor's doc to find out how to hack such things:

QUOTE (FEditor Adv Doc)
This patch allows the modification of how much EXP items 0x4A through 0x58 will give when used as
staves; the bytes for each are consecutively located at 0x000CB528.

It's referring to the Staff EXP hack. So use a hex editor to go to 0x000CB528 or use a nightmare module (if you want a nightmare module for it, I can give you one) and change the first byte there (for the heal staff, which is 0x4A) to however much experience you want. That's all you need.

If you want the NMM just reply and I'll get it to you whenever I'm free.

EDIT: DANG! I missed the last line and didn't realize it was FE8 until I saw your OTHER topic. And btw it is NOT obvious you were talking about FE8, but you copied and pasted from the FE8 forum where it was obvious.

Everything that I said only applies to FE7 except for the class relative power (I think), so yeah, you can't really hack the staff experience for FE8 or FE6 unless you know how to ASM hack yourself... sorry. =(

Yeh I did copy+paste heh, should've edited it a bit xD

Anyway, I was planning to do it for FE7 too so what you all said wasn't a waste smile.gif

And I prefer Nightmare over hex editors since I am more used to Nightmare and it seems easier to me heh.
So I would appreciate the nightmare module, thanks!

PS: I will play Tactics Universe when the last patch comes at.. whatever date you said xD *goes to check your vid*
QUOTE (Seraphinox)

Seraph approved of me being awesome user posted image (refer to "Best of them all in Fire Emblem General Discussion)

#4 Obviam

Obviam

:(!:c99,sch.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Intelligence and Justice.

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:40 PM

The other thing that affects Staff EXP is the price of the staff.

Increasing the price of the staff increases the amount of EXP it gives.

Which is so stupid I made an FE 7 hack to fix this. But that hack was poorly made, so I didn't port it.

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:51 PM

The Tactics Universe thing is so off-topic but that patch will only be up to chapter 15 anyway, not the entire game XP

I forgot about the price thing, I knew about it, but it escaped me, and you made the staff hack a LONG time ago, so... :\

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 badkiara

badkiara

Capitalism, ho!

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

The price of the staff?
Like, when you buy it in a shop?

That's rather easy to edit XD

It actually works.. normal price of a heal staff (per use) is 20. 20 x 30 (staff uses) = 600 , the basic price. Which gives about 10 exp. I doubled the price per use and I gained one more experience point. And since 600 gives me 10 or 11 exp, I needed to do that times 10 so a total of 6000 per one single heal staff XD

It works, all you need to know tongue.gif

I will just use a cheat to get a heal staff then xD and buy a weapon (or 2) to still pay 600 gold, and then destroy the weapon(s) I bought

Confusing? Well.. it just works so no need to worry about that tongue.gif
QUOTE (Seraphinox)

#7 Obviam

Obviam

:(!:c99,sch.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Intelligence and Justice.

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

There's another variable involved in the calculation. I don't know what it is (well, whether you're promoted definitely matters, but I'm not sure that's the variable I'm thinking of), but I do know that it's a load of bull to have to modify it or the price of the heal staff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users