Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Zac's junk

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

Just started spriting maybe 7 months ago but I didn't do anything for about 3 months of those 7 because I was busy with other stuff, and then i moved to texas and was without a computer for about a month. So since I'm relatively new to spriting I would like critique on stuff that i put up. The stuff that i'm making solely for the fe8 sequel won't be posted here until I've posted it over in it's thread. For now I'm only putting up stuff that i've already made.

user posted image
This is what Acheron was originally going to look like. I changed it because this just looks wierd on the left side.
user posted image
I'm not sure what i made this for, but since I don't still have the bases for it(had to format C because Vista broke)I haven't continued work on it. Maybe I will eventually but i'm not too fond of it.
user posted image
Just a spellsword I'm planning on using for the fe8 sequel. I don't have all of the animation finished yet, just two or three modes.
user posted image
and this is my most recent and favorite mug. I don't know why but this was so much fun to make.

#2 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

the title makes me chuckle

The fourth one looks cool but the first and second one have something about them that doesn't make them look as good. (don't ask for specifics I'm not good at sprites)

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#3 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

i know exactly what's wrong with them. the first one has a ****ed up face and the second one's hairband doesn't fit on the head as well as i wanted it too and I had to do something else then Vista broke before i got back to it. Basically I just never feel motivated to fix something that isn't going anywhere in the first place, thus why the fourth one is the best in my opinion

#4 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

user posted image

well after quite a long break from spriting this is what i came up with. i still can't make shit that looks good =/ i know there's something wrong with the left(our left that is)side of his face. i'm thinking of making his nose smaller to help with that, but it's the eye that really bothers me. i tried playing around with it but i can't quite figure out what it is that's bothering me so any suggestions would be wonderful. real reason i'm posting this is because i want it in my hack(and since i'm too lazy to stare at it trying to figure it out i'm gonna ask you guys to help me out here). anyway is there anything not so obvious that i'm missing? i looked at it a few times and didn't notice anything big except his face, but i'm sure there's something so any help here is appreciated.

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

The left eye is indeed kinda weird and I can't really tell where it's facing. His face also does seem a bit small--it looks like his head is kinda tilted a bit but it's not like fixed enough that it looks right. Maybe try using a more generic face angle/structure or perhaps referencing something like it and trying to alter it--I can't pinpoint what exactly the issue is either but it might take a little facial restructuring on the left side (along with a possible eye fix).

Also unrelated I feel like he's got a sort of weird color scheme since every part of his body/outfit is a different color and I dunno I just don't feel like it meshes well

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

the color scheme is on purpose; he's colorblind(i needed a comic relief thing since i plan on making the story pretty heavy). not sure how i'm gonna integrate it just yet but i put that project aside for now. my creativity flew out the door since because minor depression problems. i probably should work on it just because i need something to do but i really just don't want to you know? anyway i'm probably just going to focus on my battle sprites for a little while. been working on something cool for awhile but i only have the standing and dodge frames started(gonna be a dragon-laguz type thing, but half-shifted so he's all scaly but still uses a either a spear or an ax. i know i said i was taking the manakete class out, but i decided otherwise since i had the idea for this thing. the manakete girl(emmmm....can't believe i forgot the name) is going to promote into/out of this class. like maybe she's still learning to transform when you meet her.

back on topic, i've got a few things in the works right now that won't be finished for a long while because i just don't want to work on them right now. i'm going to be putting most of my effort into the half-dragon thing until it's at a point where i can actually use it. also i'm working on an armored mage type thing right now. it's a druid base, but instead of the big robes it has big armor. nowhere near being finished atm, but i'ts going a lot faster than the dragon thing since i don't have to do almost everything by hand.

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:27 AM

Hmm, I see. An armored mage is interesting in theory but I feel like if they have armor it should be lighter armor, I just can't imagine this big fat knight like Oswin being able to use magic, haha.

That's just my random thought though so don't pay it much mind haha

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

it's not going to be General sized armor =P i'm thinkin' something just a bit smaller than druid. actually now that i think about it i could use Lyon for the base instead of a druid. just remove the cape and give him some armor instead of his royal clothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users