Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

What Video Games are you Playing currently?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (bblues @ Jul 26 2012, 05:42 AM)
P3P
FE8

Is it any wonder why this guy is so awesome?

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#22 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (シーグッマ @ Jul 26 2012, 04:55 AM)

I find it funny that just because my tastes are different than yours, you refute my opinion completely? An opinion is incapable of being worthless.

I find it funny how you stated that VIII and on would fail, obviously you omitted VII, which pretty much suggests the same in that you're opinion is invalid. It isn't though, but it's still pretty idiotic to refute someone's opinion when they say they like VIII and X when you don't in any way refer VII to be as bad, because in all truthfulness, VIII and X pretty much crap all over VII.

Plus, Final Fantasy didn't define the genre, maybe you're thinking of Dragon Quest. Lol.
Lol, "damn kids", just how old are you?

Ah, I see, you're one of those stupid people who actually put value to the things Kotaku puts in their articles. Just so you know, the group over at that site are a bunch of mind-numbing retards, just like the people who believe the crappy rumors they say.

On July 24, 2012, Yoichi Wada confirmed that the rumor was false and that the game is still in development.

Nice try though, though you failed at "kicking me in the groin". Imbecile.

It's not because our tastes are different, but because you have shown such a lapse in judgement as to like those games. Opinions are definitely capable of being worthless. In this case you are believing the world is square, when it is circle, of course you will be laughed at in the scientific community.

Final Fantasy 7 was a great game, good characters, good plot, good story telling. Not as good as Final Fantasy 6, but regardless a good game. Way better than the emo crap Final Fantasy 8 and 10 were. Perhaps you are an emo, and that is why you like them, but your arrogance leads me to believe otherwise.

No. Final Fantasy really did define the genre. Dragon Quest/Warrior defined the western RPG. Close though. I'll give you a point for that. Edit for clarification: While Dragon Quest is japanese, the open world with no stated direction (just implied) is what gave birth to the western RPG's of today. Edit number 2: I know this completely ignores the influences of the Romancing SaGa series and the Phantasy Star series, but I figured I wouldn't go so far off topic.

I love how you ignorantly assume I read Kotaku. It's the internet. News travels. And congratulations. Maybe Square will finally make another good Final Fantasy, only took them 14 years.

Not my fault they're easy to miss. It's delightful how stupid you are.

And Ryoku. Hah. Blunt? Yes. Troll? Sometimes. Blunt troll? Not at all. When I troll no one can tell.

And people really need to stop assuming things are opinions. It is a simple fact that when viewed objectively, Final Fantasy 1 to 7 (not including USA/Mystic Quest) were good games, while Final Fantasy 8 to 10-2 were not. The main problem would probably be how the first ones were about the story and the characters, while 8 and 9 were centralized around the love story (8 Squall being used, 9 Zidane and Garnet), and 10/10-2 also centralized around the love story. And while there is nothing wrong with love stories they should not be the most important aspect, especially when it subtracts from the overall game.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)
Yeah, that is what we get. Never mess with Kensai. XD

QUOTE (badkiara103)
Who doesn't want to kill a helpless little girl.

The Holy Kensai Fan Club!
Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

#23 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

I'm just saying that it'd be best to back off a bit.
1. This is supposed to be to tell what games you're playing, not why the games that other people like are terrible.
2. There's been a lot of drama here lately (partially because of me) and it's hurting the community as a whole.
3. If I think that a game, i.e. Halo, is stupid, I don't go around and try to tell people that they are stupid for liking it. It's pointless, and frankly makes YOU look like the stupid one, no offense.
Posted Image

#24 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts
  • Interests:WADUUP HOMIE, HOW YOU DOIN?

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Ahem, stupid, pointless arguments as usual. rolleyes.gif

Anyway.. Battlefield Play4free, because I can't afford real video games, crazy! xD

Erm, Kingdom Hearts Dos y Uno, because they're badass. <3

Skyward Sword, because yeah, it's f*cking Zelda. happy.gif

Lol, that's about it.

Also, isn't it just hilarious how much I love Kingdom Hearts, yet have never played a FF game? xD
user posted image

"Puberty is the prelude to, and preparation for, sexual as well as emotional maturity and fullfulment in later lfe...".

user posted image

#25 ?????

?????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Axel @ Jul 28 2012, 08:45 AM)
Ahem, stupid, pointless arguments as usual.  rolleyes.gif

Anyway.. Battlefield Play4free, because I can't afford real video games, crazy! xD

Erm, Kingdom Hearts Dos y Uno, because they're badass. <3

Skyward Sword, because yeah, it's f*cking Zelda. happy.gif

Lol, that's about it.

Also, isn't it just hilarious how much I love Kingdom Hearts, yet have never played a FF game? xD

Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy don't really mesh together too much in my opinion, so if you like Kingdom Hearts then I'm going to just say that you might not like Final Fantasy, because the two are so different it's not even funny, cause it's not funny. >_____________>

The closest thing that comes to the battle system would be the upcoming Versus game, but I wouldn't recommend that either because the story of that seems to be incredibly darker in contrast to Kingdom Hearts. Although, if you don't mind that, feel free, just going by what I see here.

I haven't played Skyward Sword yet, mind telling me if it's worth it as a stand alone title, yet not as a game in the Zelda series?
user posted image
:??????:

#26 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

It's basically another Wind Waker, in the sense of story, anyway. The music is beautiful, if I must say so myself.. your guide isn't annoying as annoying as Navi, so that's good tongue.gif. And (lol, you can't start a sentence with and, silly.) anyone who says the controls are "buggy" or "don't register" are bullshitting, because the controls are very smooth and easy to understand. When I say the story is like another Wind Waker, I mean that it kind of drives away from what we're used to seeing in Zelda. Anyway, the jist of this many rant is that Skyward Sword is an enjoyable game inferior to Ocarina of Time, but better than Wind Waker. xD
user posted image

"Puberty is the prelude to, and preparation for, sexual as well as emotional maturity and fullfulment in later lfe...".

user posted image

#27 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

Eh I wouldn't say that. It was nice to play, but I can't bring myself to replay it. Wind Waker, on the other hand, was super enjoyable and I've beaten it multiple times. I'd say that Skyward Sword is better than Zelda II, which is actually fun, but I'm too terrible at to beat, and then the DS games, and sure, Minish Cap.

All Zelda games are enjoyable, though, so it's not too big of a deal.
Posted Image

#28 ?????

?????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

I'm mainly worried that I won't enjoy it, plus the fact I'd have to actually purchase a Wii as well, seems a bit excessive for something that doesn't have much re-playability. I go through games quickly, so I'll probably pass.

Besides, I played the DS Zelda games and that pretty much killed the series for me. xD
Oh well, back to SWTOR I go~
user posted image

#29 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:15 AM

I don't even count the DS Zelda games, they're just f*cking disgraceful to the series. xD
user posted image

user posted image

#30 ?????

?????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

But I wanna ride a train and a boat whilst being Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeldaaaaaaa. ;~;

/sarcasm
user posted image

#31 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

Persona 3 FES (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
PersonaPersonaPersonaPersonaSocial Links Social Links Social Links SOCIAL LINKS

Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#32 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

I have no idea what I was expecting, but that made my day, no joke.

Uh let's see.

Nostalgia (Beat storyline, halfheartedly doing side quests)
Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded (ditto)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2 (3DS) (When am I NOT playing this)
Zelda: Majora's Mask (I HATE THE STONE TOWER TEMPLE I HATE THE STONE TOWER TEMPLE I HATE THE S┴ONƎ ┴OMƎɹ ┴ƎWԀ˥Ǝ I H∀┴Ǝ ┴HƎ S┴ONƎ ┴OMƎɹ ┴ƎWԀ˥Ǝ-)
Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link (God damn it Boney)
Team Fortress 2 (MVM has ruined my sense of caution somewhat but heightened my aim, so back to pubbingto enjoy sniping)
Spiral Knights (About to hit total 3* gear and clear King Jelly, woot)

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#33 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

^Stone temple in Majora's mask is bullshit.

Anyway I completed Persona 3's main story and the FES add on is a grind fest so **** that. Starting on Persona 4. Long intro Go~

My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

user posted image

#34 Solace

Solace

WEW LAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

Borderlands 2 is epic

tumblr_mof6qo3kgA1s5v7tdo1_500.gif

#35 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

^Wish I had it.

My PS3 YLOD'd so I can't play Persona 4 anymore.

user posted image

#36 Nice Middle

Nice Middle

Chancellor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

Skyward Sword.
QUOTE (Fire Blazer @ Jul 25 2014, 07:59 PM)
I have cero love for you or your shenanigans

QUOTE (Holy Kensai @ May 18 2012, 08:01 PM)
Gotta love how even in fan fiction I'm a badass.

#37 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Xenoblade Chronicles. Fun stuff, even though I've only gotten the chance to sit down and play it once since I got it...tongue.gif
user posted image

#38 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Modded Oblivion and Minecraft

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#39 Nice Middle

Nice Middle

Chancellor

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

Final Fantasy XIII, PS3
QUOTE (Fire Blazer @ Jul 25 2014, 07:59 PM)
I have cero love for you or your shenanigans

QUOTE (Holy Kensai @ May 18 2012, 08:01 PM)
Gotta love how even in fan fiction I'm a badass.

#40 AbsolutelyTotalSilence

AbsolutelyTotalSilence

Hawk King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Zelda and Metroid among other things. Probably tied with Blazer for "FES member most anticipating a TWEWY appearance at E3". THERE'S STILL HOPE GUYS

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

Skyward Sword.

And a little HeartGold, TWEWY and POR.
click for random quotes (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

Scott: at this point we're going to have iron, steel, and silver vulneraries

Silence: if nyan cats start showing up on my lawn it's your fault
Gold: O_o

jboney93: Not very much, cause girls don't tend to try to sing much higher in pitch than they can talk.
Edmania: clearly you haven't listened to enough japanese pop music

Agent Ryru: For example, you would have a hard time exciting me with a concept for a FPS game
Agent Ryru: But on the other hand even I would have to admit said game could be awesome.
Agent Ryru: Like portal, for example
Agent Ryru: And...
Agent Ryru: ...there must be some other amazing FPS game...
Agent Ryru: Oh right.
Agent Ryru: Portal 2!

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users