Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Tips when downloading brushes.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:01 AM

(When I talk about the main banner, I meant the one that had Lyn, Ike, Marth, and Roy on it.)

When downloading brushes, be sure to get a variety. Most GFX-ers know that Grunge brushes are the most common, and they come in many ways and forms. Remember to spread out what you get. I used about 8 different sets to get the combo I used for the main banner. You should get about...7
brushes for a start. Heres what I reccomend, and what I am doing.

user posted image

This is a basic Grunge set. Most sets are called "Abstract Grunge" or something to that effect. This has 12 brushes, which is an OK size. 85% of the main banner is grunge.

user posted image

This is a different type of Grunge. This is a sparkle abstract, which can make a banner look completely different than one with just Grunge, but also works well with basic Grunge. A good tool.

user posted image

This is a splatter Grunge. This looks alot like basic Abstract Grunge, and works really well with it. Blends nicely. This works well in colors like red or black.

user posted image

This is a "Blood Splatter" brush. Alot like splatter grunge, but it's more distinct than it. You can clearly tell this is supposed to be blood or something, and not more "Special-effecty" (Whatever) like Splatter Grunge is.

user posted image

This is a swirl set. If you look closely at the overhead banner, I used some swirl brushes. Swirls do well around the center attraction (The Render) of your banner.

user posted image

This is a Fractal set. There are alot of these, and you find some really cool stuff in these sets. You get alot more from this than saving a single C4d or fractal from a place like Planet Renders, but you can choose more to your prefrence by saving a single Fractal.

user posted image

There are lots of other brushes that dont fit in to a single category, and you should try many of them. For the 7th pack, you should merely choose something you think looks awesome, or what would go well with your next image.

Hope you found this helpful.

Shu.
user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#2 Pein

Pein

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:05 AM

yes it was very much helpful. Thanks
user posted image
pein, the world's fastest developing splicer.

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:26 AM

For the record you shouldn't necro-post. The topic is really really old. If you wanna post ask a mod first for permission to necropost in the topic...

Although I do have to admit this is indeed quite useful, thanks for the tips Shu. happy.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users