Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Abortion

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:02 PM

What are your thoughts on abortion? Is it laziness? Is it murder? Is it both? Is it perfectly acceptable?

I personally have complicated views on it. If it is a case of incest or rape, I see no problem at all. If the baby threatens the life of the mother, no problems. If it is just someone who wanted a baby and changed her mind, doesn't want to accept the responsibility, etc, then they're just lazy and need to own up.

Discuss.
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#2 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Sothey The Spammer @ December 08, 2008 02:02 pm)
What are your thoughts on abortion? Is it laziness? Is it murder? Is it both? Is it perfectly acceptable?

I personally have complicated views on it. If it is a case of incest or rape, I see no problem at all. If the baby threatens the life of the mother, no problems. If it is just someone who wanted a baby and changed her mind, doesn't want to accept the responsibility, etc, then they're just lazy and need to own up.

Discuss.

Hm. I agree with you. If you just forgot to use protection, you have no real excuse for an abortion, deal with it.

#3 Kinesthesia

Kinesthesia

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:48 AM

I think it's terrible, unless it's because of rape, etc. Like you said. They should just have the baby and set it up for adoption at least.
Gimme rice and I'll love you forever.

(Avatar credits go to Shu, thanks man!user posted image

#4 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (Kinesthesia @ December 09, 2008 01:48 am)
I think it's terrible, unless it's because of rape, etc. Like you said. They should just have the baby and set it up for adoption at least.

Good point, but some people seem to think it's easier to have an abortion.

#5 Felover3

Felover3

feLURKER

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Interests:Archery, Guns, Ballroom Dancing, Cooking, Board Games, Magic TCG, Gaming, FE, Lost in Blue.

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:45 PM

Considering I helped my candate in a mock election in school, myviewson Abortion are thus..

Pro-Life 100%, because rape and incest ictims only get pregnant1 or 2 in 1000 rpes or incests, and more than half of the 200~ left lready keep it. So pass a amndment congress, abortion is LEGAL MURDER.

Plus, if you're willing to kill, you can put up for adoption without remorse.
-------------------------------------
The Legendary Lurker

"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone's eyes and steal whatever the hell life gave them." ~Me

Has a Blazor Favor

#6 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:57 AM

So it looks like we're basically all in agreement here. And, Kinethesia pointed out adoption; which I had forgot to mention. I think adoption is preferable to abortion, if at all possible.
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#7 wraith89

wraith89

Song of Death

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Can I fit them all in here? :)<br>Ok, random facts...<br>Favorite animals in order from best to less... but I still love them all!<br>1) Frog<br>2) Rabbit<br>3) Eagle<br>4) Dolphin<br>5) Turtle<br>6) Dog<br><br>... and the list goes on...

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:35 AM

I despise abortion completely (probably because of my Christian beliefs... or it's just my personal preference regarding the benefit for everyone). It is really a widespread genocide of babies. I don't think you want to see those pictures of the dead babies... ugh.

So they make excuses and say:
"I think the mother can choose whatever she wants."
Well, what about the baby? Did the baby ever get a chance to whether agree to being dead before breathing? Hey, what's best for the baby? Isn't that what a mother's supposed to do?

"That goo isn't alive."
No, it is alive. You know it is... or else it couldn't become alive in the first place. Whatever's organic is organic. It'll become alive given time unlike your ordinary rock (evolution doesn't make sense and it never will), so stop trying to justify abortion.

"But my pride will be shafted..."
Don't ever come to me and say anything about pride if you're not proud enough to let your child live. What? Is having children gonna smother your pride? What pride? That's some lame excuse that has no backing to it, so don't ever talk to me about pride. Feminists...

"Ok, fine. The real reason is because I won't be able to enjoy sex if I get one."
... WHAT?! And you call that an excuse? I think that child-to-be would be upset just to know that their mother gave up on them because of a selfish reason such as that.

"My parents will kill me for having pre-marital sex! What will they do if they find out?"
Why'd you have one in the first place? They'll be more upset to find out you killed a life form just to save yourself from getting reprimanded from your parents. If you REALLY want to hide that from them, let them become adopted. That's right. ADOPTION is best for the child so that they'll live a better life someplace else than not living at all.

"I've been raped!"
Please send that child to adoption if you cannot take care of him/her. Please with cherry with sprinkles on top?

"But I hate children!"
Then send them to adoption!

"No no, you don't understand. I hate them so much I wanted to kill them. Yeah, I've been waiting my entire life so that I can have sex with a man and have a baby to kill!" (highly unlikely, but the point being, abortion is ridiculous)
Then what about you? You're not grateful enough that your parents let you live instead of sending you off to the waste bin?

"This is for stem cell research!"
... then have fun looking at this:
WARNING! These pictures HURT!

"Why do you let children see these pictures?"
Why do you let your children BECOME these pictures?

Is it THAT hard to let a child live? I think the war that suffered the most casualties is the war on abortion. Yep, more than the Holocaust. More than the Great Purge. More than WWII or Battle of Antietam's American casualties. A child is a woman's pride and joy. After all that labor, the prize that a woman holds in her hands is a beautiful living baby, who will bring about more and more children to enjoy life with. You cannot be supporting abortion and be a humanitarian. It is such a backwards way of thinking that will only reduce the earth's population. In fact, many women who has had abortion regret it now. Don't ever find yourself in that situation!

Abortionists are hypocrites for being ungrateful that their parents let them into the world and yet they'd see their babies DEAD without giving them a chance to live.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
~ Genesis 1:28

#8 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:02 AM

^ Quite a kick ass post. I am too lazy to make a large post about my beliefs...I commend you though.
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#9 Soviet Comrade

Soviet Comrade

Mega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:???????????? ??????????

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:31 AM

I do agree 100%. Looking at some of those semi-babies was somewhat disturbing, and I have to say they are alive from the moment of conception. Conscious and intelligence are an entirely different matter, and for all we know, the fetus may be conscious. Who's to say they don't feel pain when they're aborted? Bah.

#10 Roque Minonovo

Roque Minonovo

Weed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:39 AM

I only believe in Abortion for rape cases, if there's proof of a rape, and if the mother and child, or the mother, would die due to birth.

I can't sit here and go into a war on my beliefs on religion, but in this country (United States), you seperate Church from state, and that's the way things are. Saying such, all of the things up there that you constitute and quote from the bible, can't hold water in an actual debate.

And before you ask, YES, if my mother was raped, I would not want to be in this world, knowing that some bastard decided to violate my mother in the worst way, and that I have parts of him in me.

And btw, I saw all the pictures, and I didn't flinch. The Holocaust was worse. War is worse. I'd rather be dead than drafted, and I think we can leave it at that.

#11 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE (Minonovo @ December 12, 2008 10:39 pm)
I only believe in Abortion for rape cases, if there's proof of a rape, and if the mother and child, or the mother, would die due to birth.

I can't sit here and go into a war on my beliefs on religion, but in this country (United States), you seperate Church from state, and that's the way things are. Saying such, all of the things up there that you constitute and quote from the bible, can't hold water in an actual debate.

And before you ask, YES, if my mother was raped, I would not want to be in this world, knowing that some bastard decided to violate my mother in the worst way, and that I have parts of him in me.

And btw, I saw all the pictures, and I didn't flinch. The Holocaust was worse. War is worse. I'd rather be dead than drafted, and I think we can leave it at that.

War is worse, yeah. I can speak from ... And to add, yeah, if my mom was raped, I'd want her to abo--No...I'm too F***ing selfish to say that. My life is one of the most important lives to me.

EDIT: And, please, don't say you support abortion because you support women's rights. That's bullS***. No one said it...Yet, but that's BULL. If Obama decided to pass a bill to legalize women committing murder, you wouldn't support it, wouldya?
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#12 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:55 AM

I don't think anyone would support that bill if it was posted, except women.

And stem cells are only taken if aborted. They're not forced abortions for stem cells, as there are other ways of getting better stem cells.

#13 wraith89

wraith89

Song of Death

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Can I fit them all in here? :)<br>Ok, random facts...<br>Favorite animals in order from best to less... but I still love them all!<br>1) Frog<br>2) Rabbit<br>3) Eagle<br>4) Dolphin<br>5) Turtle<br>6) Dog<br><br>... and the list goes on...

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:20 AM

LINK---->>> List of women killed by legal abortion

Yeah, supporting abortion doesn't mean you support women's rights. That's always been the excuse for pro-choice people... I don't think that's what it really is. They've either been deceived, just agreeing with the majority, or something else. But those two don't tie in together.

#14 Death

Death

I AM FAIL

• Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

Bumping because this debate was bullS***.

If you think that abortion is murder you are a hypocrite for every hamburger you have ever eaten. They are potential people, but until they achieve sentience I really don't care. Abortion is NOT murder, no matter what your opinion is, if it was murder it would not be legal, if all you have is propaganda you need to stop forming opinions on things like this.

You are all ridiculous sexist children, now go play Pokemon. smile.gif

#15 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Death @ February 12, 2009 08:06 am)
Bumping because this debate was bullS***.

If you think that abortion is murder you are a hypocrite for every hamburger you have ever eaten. They are potential people, but until they achieve sentience I really don't care. Abortion is NOT murder, no matter what your opinion is, if it was murder it would not be legal, if all you have is propaganda you need to stop forming opinions on things like this.

You are all ridiculous sexist children, now go play Pokemon. smile.gif

Death your right in the fact that it is not murder but, it is your fault that the girl is pregent and it is your fault that you didn't wear a rubber, if you don't want it GIVE IT A WAY don't kill it. I think that is a sick way to forget about it, I would never do that if I got a girl pregent I want to be there so I can see it grow up.

#16 Death

Death

I AM FAIL

• Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:14 PM

It is the faults of both people, birth control works just fine. But I am really not going to sweat an abortion just because it could be a person. That same argument could be used against masturbation, so I don't take it with much weight.

You masturbating murderers. You kill millions of potential people every time you sin. Hell, every time you have sex, too!

#17 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (Death @ February 12, 2009 08:14 am)
It is the faults of both people, birth control works just fine. But I am really not going to sweat an abortion just because it could be a person. That same argument could be used against masturbation, so I don't take it with much weight.

You masturbating murderers. You kill millions of potential people every time you sin. Hell, every time you have sex, too!

Well I don't think it is right because well, it is a person not a way to get out of it. I would want to see my kid grow up and call me dad and other fatherly crap like that.

I really don't wanna know where you got that number.

#18 Death

Death

I AM FAIL

• Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:20 PM

You would want to see the kid grow, other people do not want it to grow into a kid in the first place. You wouldn't want an abortion to be done, other people would. This is why it is a choice, a freedom.

Really, trying to oppress people like this, thinking that your way is the right way instead of recognizing it as an opinion, is not very American. Abortion will never be outlawed. Ever. Eeeever.

#19 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Death @ February 12, 2009 08:20 am)
You would want to see the kid grow, other people do not want it to grow into a kid in the first place. You wouldn't want an abortion to be done, other people would. This is why it is a choice, a freedom.

Really, trying to oppress people like this, thinking that your way is the right way instead of recognizing it as an opinion, is not very American. Abortion will never be outlawed. Ever. Eeeever.

Other people? are you losing it death? I been thru this with the girl I am seeing if it happends it happends, it would be our fault and we wouldn't want to kill it.
I had that talk with here parnets as well.

I didn't say it should be outlawed I just think it is wrong in alot of ways.

#20 Death

Death

I AM FAIL

• Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:27 PM

You misunderstand, I was simply saying that it being wrong is your opinion, and other people do not find it to be wrong.

I've been down the same road but it led to the opposite opinion, my special friend and I still have the agreement that if anything begins to grow within her we are killing the S*** out of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users