Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Sappy 2006 Mod 15

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shadowofchaos

shadowofchaos

??????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:06 AM

Found this floating around in the Japanese GBA Hacking community boards.

http://dl.dropbox.co...py2006mod15.zip

Main thing of interest for me is IT DOESN'T FREAKING CRASH like the other Sappy 2006 when on Vista or Windows 7 and you load a ROM.

Another nice feature is "Edit Voice Table" function:

user posted image

Readme (If I put it in a text file, it'll turn back into gibberish again):
http://dl.dropbox.co.....15 Readme.doc

Google Translate Edition:
http://dl.dropbox.co.....e Edition.doc

To collect the information needed to play the song, the driver reads the information from the table the following songs in order.

? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? table song
? ? ? ? ? ? ?
?
(Reference)
?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Music Information ? (Header) ?
? ?
(Reference) (Reference)
? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Sequence data Voice group ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ?
    ? ? (see) ? ? ? ? ? (see) ?
    ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Drum Voice group ? ? (reference) voice output table specified ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ?
? (see) ? ? ? (see) ?
? ? ?
      Real memory data ? ? ? ? voice waveform data

Table songs are strung together with the binary data and 8 bytes of data per song.

The FR, which begins this song 467f0ch table includes 347 songs written in all of information.
This area would not have to fiddle in particular, if there is a need to extend the table if the song, please refer to the following.

Has some nice info on it. Seem like the examples are for Pokemon ROMs though.
user posted image

#2 Sleipnir36

Sleipnir36

100% custom made!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, member of "Friends of the Earth International", reading, writing, swiming and more....

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

Indeed interesting. Sadly good tools doesn't mean good use for the hacker. They may be able to give the hack better sound tracks or better graphics, but the most important thing, the story, is still as mutch good as a overused pile of crap. And what's even more worse is, that most of the people (from Serenes Forest for example) like this kind of BULLSH*T! Thank's Square for teaching the gredulously americans bad lessons with sh*tty games like FF7 (or it's just the zeitgeist, who knows dry.gif ).
(Begin): Read this if you want to know, how to entertain a idiot for ten minutes.(Go to begin)

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:27 PM

Lol dont be so harsh and definitely don't say something so... Rude that might offend an SFer or FF7 fan. I mean fine to have your opinion but just watch out XP

Anyhow this seems like a nice find, the most useful feature being that u said it should work on Windows 7. Thanks for sharing too.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 shadowofchaos

shadowofchaos

??????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

Screenshot's right there tongue.gif

I have Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. The usual Sappy 2006 worked fine when opening the program, but said "no" when I tried loading a ROM, so I couldn't even play a song if I wanted to.

I was stuck with Sappy 2005.

I only found this because of all the trash talk of finding the creators of FE7if and giving them a piece of our mind in the Team OVERTROLL chat. Then I found a Sappy mod mentioned in the readme (along with people they mentioned, some of which they stole mugs from, but I won't get into that) and just searched around for it.

And it seems like wav2gba is gonna be obsolete. It looks that way, but I haven't actually tested the "import sample" yet.
user posted image

#5 Sleipnir36

Sleipnir36

100% custom made!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, member of "Friends of the Earth International", reading, writing, swiming and more....

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

Lol dont be so harsh and definitely don't say something so... Rude that might offend an SFer or FF7 fan. I mean fine to have your opinion but just watch out XP

Of course I mean the more expiriened hackers from SF, who created and even liked hacks like "Super Thraicia 776" or espacially the MK404 hacks, which are literally the same original games, exept that some unrelated characters from other games or even series are for no apearent reason build in, some pseudo cool weapons from (again) other games are used and that the difficult is minimal increased, only to support this uncreative excuse of hack.

They should try to come next time with a decent idea, or they should just drop it.
(Begin): Read this if you want to know, how to entertain a idiot for ten minutes.(Go to begin)

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:51 PM

And it seems like wav2gba is gonna be obsolete. It looks that way, but I haven't actually tested the "import sample" yet.

Hey, no complaints if this "new" Sappy can do it. Hopefully word will spread so no one else has to suffer by not being able to use Sappy 2006. XP

@Sleipnir do NOT use this post to just take what can easily be seen as personal attacks against other hacks. People do what they want to even if other people might think it's useless, and let them do that without saying something that'll offend them, I actually agree that people shouldn't make hacks if they aren't going to make use of at least a good amount of what's given to them hacking-wise but that's no reason to insult others, especially considering how some of those hacks (like MK404's hack) are old and don't reflect the complete ability of the creator. :\

In short, please stop, you're going to start drama. Thanks. If you want to say something else PM it, don't bother posting because I'll unfortunately just have to warn you.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users