Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Character study 1:

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:13 AM

Yeah this is my first time writing something so be wary of all the mistakes.

Note: This is just the Prologue, its meant to be short.

Prologue
Legault trudged through the harsh snow. The weather had become colder all of a sudden. Legault did not understand why all the Fang members had been called to the castle; the next meeting wasn’t for three weeks. He pulled up the hood of his cloak to cover his face. He climbed up the mountain path almost slipping once or twice on the icy terrain. He saw no animals around in the surrounding undergrowth as he approached the fortress it was as if something was scaring them.

He arrived at the castle and the guards opened the door for him with a nod of the head.
“Hurricane” they said as he passed. He knew they held contempt for him because he was younger then they were and yet so high up the ranks. He walked through the gigantic castle walls, walking past the paintings he had seen so many times now, that he could remember the order they were in. Most of them were portraits of the old masters of this castle; the Commander had not bothered to take them down. Eventually he arrived at the meeting room along the northern tower of the fortress, he pushed open the door.

He stepped inside and looked around; he could see all the familiar faces: Lloyd, Linus, Uhai, Jan and the commander sitting around a table.
“Oh Legault there you are” Brendan said as he got up to greet him “So glad you could make it”

He issued him a seat in between Linus and Uhai.

“What’s going on?” Legault whispered to Uhai.

“Couldn’t tell you” He replied

Brendan got up and went to the door on the other side of the room which led to a secret dining room for when they ever got hungry.

“Now you are probably wondering why I have called you all here, well I have to introduce you to someone”

As he opened the door a woman glided past him and stood beside him.

“I would like to introduce you to my new wife, her name is Sonia”

As soon as the woman had entered the room the atmosphere had changed. Legault looked at the woman and felt a chill go down his spine as he noticed the unhumanly glare of those amber eyes….
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#2 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:54 PM

Legault trudged through the harsh snow. The weather had become colder all of a sudden. Legault did not understand why all the Fang members had been called to the castle; the next meeting wasn’t for three weeks.
Not exactly a bad start. Try to keep sentences less short and more interesting, though.

He climbed up the mountain path almost slipping once or twice on the icy terrain. He saw no animals around in the surrounding undergrowth as he approached the fortress it was as if something was scaring them. He arrived at the castle and the guards opened the door for him with a nod of the head.
This should start a new paragraph.

“Hurricane” they said as he passed.
There should be a comma in between "Hurricane" and they. Also, text starts a new paragraph.

He stepped inside and looked around; he could see all the familiar faces: Lloyd, Linus, Uhai, Jan and the commander sitting around a table.
A comma in between Jan and commander.

“Oh Legault there you are” Brendan said as he got up to greet him “So glad you could make it”
"Oh, Legault, there you are!" Brendan said, standing to greet him. "So glad you could make it," would be a lot better. Also, never forget punctuation.

“Couldn’t tell you” He replied
"Couldn't tell you," he replied.

“Now you are probably wondering why I have called you all here, well I have to introduce you to someone”
"Now, you are probably wondering why I have called you all here. Well, I have someone to whom you should meet," or "Now, you are probably wondering why I have called you here; I have someone for you to meet."

“I would like to introduce you to my new wife, her name is Sonia”
Should either be two sentences, or connected with a semicolon.

As soon as the woman had entered the room the atmosphere had changed. Legault looked at the woman and felt a chill go down his spine as he noticed the unhumanly glare of those amber eyes….
unhumanly is not a word; inhumane is the one you're looking for.

Aside from what I've nitpicked, you have a good, solid, albeit short, prologue going.
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#3 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:04 AM

Thank you, thats what I needed. I'll revise it and make it longer.

Thanks Ephidel smile.gif
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users