Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Favorite Game of 2013?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

So guys, 2013 had plenty of good games, if you ask me. No shortage unless you lack the systems to play'm. We even had a few new consoles launch though they don't have too many exclusives yet.

That being said, what was your favorite game of 2013 and why? If you can't pick one, that's fine, but they have to have been released in 2013. No mentioning games that were released earlier (sad though it is).

Ironically, I'm terrible at picking favorites, but I really liked Super Mario 3D World and Ys: Memories of Celceta. Tales of Xillia was also great. But I think Fire Emblem: Awakening might have to take the cake here. It was early in the year but it was really memorable and I think I invested more hours into it than the above games. And though I haven't really played it in months, I enjoyed it when I did play it, and I feel like eventually I'll feel like going back and playing more.

So in a way I really am a Fire Emblem fan at heart, since it's one of my fave games, and in another way you could say I'm not since I haven't actually played it in a while. XD

How about you peeps?

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Dec 13 2013, 06:43 PM)
have to have been released in 2013

The Legend of Zelda for NES

GTAV. It's really fun and also the only game I bought that came out this year so it kinda has to be that one for me. tongue.gif

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#3 V'ren

V'ren

[Dongers Intensifies]

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:ur mum ecksDEEEEEE

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

Man, this one's actually a bit of a tossup for me.

I have to chose between X-COM: Enemy Unknown, an exceptionally designed, challenging, turn-based strategy game set in modern times, Fire Emblem: Awakening, the fresh breath into the FE franchise it needed, and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, an exceptional game made even better with tons of nice content.

Having spent so many hours in FE:A, I would love to be able to say it was for sure my favorite game of 2013, but I really can't pass up X-COM as the best. It's quite honestly the most difficult game I've played in ages, especially on Ironman Impossible, and every mission's end is always gratifying.

If you train your already good sense of proportion and get a better sense of shading and coloring... ...you really have great odds of being the next great customer around this forums and even FEND, congrats. :3

#4 Blitzzurger96

Blitzzurger96

BAZINGA!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:SAO, my anime club, Otaku Fest, FPS, Final Fantasy XII - Revenant Wings, D. Gray-Man, Kingdom Hearts, Soul Eater, etc.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:24 AM

Either FE:A or Y (only because these are the two most recent games i got). FE:A for freaking new s*** and Y for being Pokemon game.

lucina_sig_by_blitzzurger96-d5zzbsy.png

Please click this link for easy, redeemable gift cards for things like Steam, PlayStation Network etc: http://free.dawn-dow.../?ref=DueGyrgQc

#5 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:46 AM

So far AC:IV.
Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

GTAV. It's really fun and also the only game I bought that came out this year so it kinda has to be that one for me. tongue.gif

Woah, you didn't even get Awakening? Dude, play more games. you're missing out on a bunch of awesome titles. XD

I mean, you don't need to buy like, 50 games like me. But still. XD

Fire Emblem, Pokemon, GTA V, and ACIV all sound like legit/somewhat expected choices to me. No shockers here, is what I mean.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (Noel @ Dec 13 2013, 07:04 PM)
I have to chose between X-COM: Enemy Unknown, an exceptionally designed, challenging, turn-based strategy game set in modern times, Fire Emblem: Awakening, the fresh breath into the FE franchise it needed, and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, an exceptional game made even better with tons of nice content.

X-COM: EU was a late 2012 release (October)...at least on everything but a Mac. That was a pretty fantastic month IMO, with X-COM getting a fantastic revival and Virtue's Last Reward being game of the year for me.

Options for me are:
- The Last of Us (PS3. It kind of kickstarted me into thinking about using zombie apocalypses as character development exercises again)
- Papers, Please (PC)
- No One Has to Die (Flash)
- Starbound (PC...dependant if you call an early beta release the release date tongue.gif)

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#8 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Dec 13 2013, 10:54 PM)
Woah, you didn't even get Awakening?

I don't have a 3DS yet...

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#9 V'ren

V'ren

[Dongers Intensifies]

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:ur mum ecksDEEEEEE

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE ( kirant @ Dec 14 2013, 12:00 AM)

X-COM: EU was a late 2012 release (October)...at least on everything but a Mac.  That was a pretty fantastic month IMO, with X-COM getting a fantastic revival and Virtue's Last Reward being game of the year for me.

Oh man, then I was totally oblivious to it existing for nearly a year D:<

Seeing as Enemy Unknown was actually released on most platforms during 2012, I guess I would have to give my vote to Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen instead, as despite it being more of an expansion pack to the original (which was released in May of 2012), it nearly doubles the content of the game and made many QoL changes which greatly increased the fun of everything.

If you train your already good sense of proportion and get a better sense of shading and coloring... ...you really have great odds of being the next great customer around this forums and even FEND, congrats. :3

#10 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

Temple Run 2

FE:A was good, Pokemon was good, as was Dual Destinies, and Xillia, but I've really enjoyed The Guided Fate Paradox quite a bit. I love a bit of silly roguelike fun.

#11 Fujisaki

Fujisaki

Tipping the scales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:video games
    tumblr
    art

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

A draw between Fire Emblem: Awakening and Pokemon X and Y.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf was also really good, but the top two above were my favorites.

w00tshinyscraggybitches
“My lady, I may never take my eyes off you again! ...Unless I'm about to run into a wall.”
"Have we chanced upon the forbidden sanctuary of the bikini tribe?!"

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

Hey, didn't I suggest that game to you as a potential buy or something, bb? anyhow glad to hear it's good lol

Honestly I thought X-COM was older too but I didn't feel like looking it up/calling anyone on it lol

@Elwood sorry haha, you should totally grab one when you can, it's a great system IMO, haha.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#13 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

I think Pokemon and FEA did the most for existing series'

Did Bravely Default come out in 2013? That game is pretty damn fantastic.

QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#14 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

There is an issue with me answering this topic (aside from a broken, electrocuting A key). I've played only ONE game from 2013. I played some GTAV but not enough for me to say that I PLAYED it.

So, I supposed I'll go with Pokemon Y.

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

well I know a Bravely Default just came out in Europe... I'm terribly bad at remembering which one is which for the BD series lol

and ouch Gold, must be harder to get games down there than I realized ;(

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:34 PM

I honestly can't say. Of the games released this year that I have played, I think my favorite so far has been is FE:A or the new Pokemon.

#17 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Dec 14 2013, 08:13 PM)
Hey, didn't I suggest that game to you as a potential buy or something, bb? anyhow glad to hear it's good lol

Haha, I was like 'looking at getting this, anyone played?' and you were like 'nah, and I'm not sure of the quality' iirc.

QUOTE (Seraphinox @ Dec 14 2013, 08:27 PM)
Did Bravely Default come out in 2013? That game is pretty damn fantastic.

Yeah, like a week or two ago. Want it badly.

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

okay so I just got some clarification on Bravely Default via Google

apparently it's pretty much all one game, Bravely Default, which had an updated version released later known as Bravely Default: For the Sequel, and in Japan the original is known as Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

aaand the game practically just came out 1 week ago/a little over a week ago and I have the collector's edition pre-ordered since it doesn't come out in NA for a while yet (which is fine with me, I've got plenty to keep myself busy with)

@bblues lol dang you have good memory yeah that sounds right lol but hey, I didn't say not to get it! XDDD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

No, you didn't tongue.gif

#20 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:09 AM

Download and play the demo of Bravely Default.

It's got 5 hours of content that isn't in the final release, and by completing the demo you get an item or two that can be transferred over to the main game.

What a lovely idea for a demo

QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users