Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Mandatory SSB Roster Discussion

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

My only issue would be if they held back characters as DLC, not as in on Disc or Day 1, but as in releasing, say, Captain Falcon after three months, and you know they've done that for the cash. That's business though, and it'd rake in a hell of a lot.

However, I doubt that would happen. If they release Roy or Young Link, or someone completely new to coincide with a game, it's alright.

I'm all for DLC if it's done right, but I find fighting games to have performed poorly in that regard (looking at you, Capcom).

#82 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Shu @ May 31 2013, 09:49 AM)
I have to disagree with you guys. DLC is very much like expansion packs, and expansion packs have never come under the scrutiny that some people give DLC. Personally, I would love to be able to add on to my gaming experience long after the initial purchase by downloading extra maps and characters. Nintendo won't charge you much for it, 20 dollars maximum is my prediction. Launch DLC is kind of douchey, but on a spread timetable over multiple years, it'd be awesome in my opinion.

Wait...when did that disagree with what I said? blink.gif

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#83 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

You guys just generally seemed down on the idea of DLC for smash brothers, lol.
user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#84 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Shu @ May 31 2013, 06:18 PM)
You guys just generally seemed down on the idea of DLC for smash brothers, lol.

For characters, it's difficult. I'm not sure how other fighting games have dealt with it, but it seems awkward if you can't practice against or play certain characters because you haven't gotten the DLC. I'm not sure how other fighting games tangle with it.

For stuff like maps or additions to story, it seems perfectly understandable and would actually make sense.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#85 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:37 AM

They could always patch the games with the DLC but not unlock the characters until you buy them. That way there are no MP compatibility issue.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#86 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:56 AM

^That's an idea

Overall DLC is hard to get right without something like the company being cheap, the company having too many annoying schemes, or just making people suffer by say, not letting them have characters they want because it costs too much or whatever.

Tell me how much I need to pay for the full experience and I want to pay it all at once and enjoy it. I don't want all the extra fuss, in other words.

Then you have the "oh hey, this character didn't even exist when SSB4 came out, but now they'd make a great addition but we don't want to release another Smash Bros. game, what do we do?". Okay, fine. But don't be pricks about it, and have a system ready for this beforehand. Don't turn this into some sort of huge gimmick because to a guy who just wants to take life easy, that spells a huge headache. I'm lazy, when game companies start interfering with my laziness while I'm doing one of the most lazy things there is, playing video games, then we got a slight issue. XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users