Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

My first splice! (New colors later atleast for armor)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Drama, FE, Shakespeare, computer stuff, rock climbing, video games in general (mainly shooters)

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

Used Legault (hair), Lundgren (face), and Aion (armor). I edited some colors like the eyebrows and the left shoulder pad (I still don't like it). I plan on changing the colors when I get the chance at least in the armor.

Any Critiques/advice would be nice. I think it actually turned out well for working on it in ~10-15 minutes with only looking at FElovers guide once (it's a great guide btw).

hmm... now that I look at it again, the right side (OPOV) looks off. But I can't quite place it...

Attached Files

• Attached File  471   4KB   0 downloads

user posted image

"My High School girlfriend recently told me that I kiss like a stroke victim, which is weird that she has like that frame of reference you know? But you know I stopped and thought, you know, 'What would Jesus do?' so I didn't exist.

Just kidding, I took her out to dinner, ordered the bread, and told her to eat me."

-Bo Burnham

#2 Mig64

Mig64

The Flying Submarine of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:ERROR 404

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:15 PM

Wow, an old Lundgren-like mage(it looks like a Sage to me o.o)!

Hahaha, nice one for a first try, I guess...

#3 Felover3

Felover3

feLURKER

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Interests:Archery, Guns, Ballroom Dancing, Cooking, Board Games, Magic TCG, Gaming, FE, Lost in Blue.

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:18 PM

1.Save work as a PNG, not a JPEG, it totally ruins quality, as it has done here.

2.Get a photobucket account and use [IMG] tags, they work a whole lot better.
Photobucket.com

3.I can't really comment on much, due to stupid JPEG quality reap. Looks good though from what I can get the gist of.
-------------------------------------
The Legendary Lurker

"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone's eyes and steal whatever the hell life gave them." ~Me

Has a Blazor Favor

#4 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:19 PM

The thing made me jump. O_O

The face is just ew. Mug is too small, terribly spliced, mug doesn't flow at all, the mug is messy, I'll add more later.
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.
Bloodfalcon22-pokemanzz cnt dye
FELover3- If I beat the shit out of them they do

Rujio -- Cows are more important than anything.
Rujio -- ANYTHING

Blood Falcon -- Hey bblues, are you able to ban the GoogleBot?
bblues -- I don't think so.
Blood Falcon -- Damn, lol.
bblues -- He's above the law : P

QUOTE (Grey_Tensho @ March 10, 2010 04:07 pm)
Bloodfalcon is as crazy over copyright as youtube is lol.

#5 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Drama, FE, Shakespeare, computer stuff, rock climbing, video games in general (mainly shooters)

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:33 AM

It is in .PNG. And I realize it's not good, that's why I asked for critiques.
user posted image

hopefully that's better. When I reopened it in paint though, some of the colors were messed up... Is it because I used colors paint couldn't...?

Thanks.

Yeah, it really didn't change anything...
user posted image

"My High School girlfriend recently told me that I kiss like a stroke victim, which is weird that she has like that frame of reference you know? But you know I stopped and thought, you know, 'What would Jesus do?' so I didn't exist.

Just kidding, I took her out to dinner, ordered the bread, and told her to eat me."

-Bo Burnham

#6 Felover3

Felover3

feLURKER

• Veterans
  • 1,020 posts
  • Interests:Archery, Guns, Ballroom Dancing, Cooking, Board Games, Magic TCG, Gaming, FE, Lost in Blue.

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:42 AM

Once you have saved it as a JPEG, it forever ruins quality, I suggest redoing it, or making a new sprite.

Don't worry.

Also, what mug set are you using, as it seems a bit small >.<
The Legendary Lurker

"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone's eyes and steal whatever the hell life gave them." ~Me

Has a Blazor Favor

#7 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:58 AM

The one from here. Maybe I save the sprite sheet of all the FE7 characters in jpeg...

I'll redo it sometime tomorrow I guess.
user posted image

-Bo Burnham

#8 shadowofchaos

shadowofchaos

??????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:01 AM

Epic Mug resource:

Clicky

Every single GBA FE Mug from all three games... XD

Credit to Anonym
user posted image

#9 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:34 AM

user posted image

I tried to make it bigger, so I want to see if that helps. I redid, but yeah, it's pretty bad still...

And thanks for the link Shadow, it's a great collection. I never realized the graphical difference from FE8 to FE6-7. But, it seems to mirror some of the characters like Legault, just something I noticed. I still will use it though! smile.gif

I need to fix that hair and headband, they seem to be the biggest problem.

New one:

user posted image

If it still looks small, I just used the link shadow gave me. I used Rutger's head, Maxim's (I think) armor, and Uther's Pallette.
user posted image

-Bo Burnham

#10 ~Lone~

~Lone~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:33 PM

Good start for first splice. unlike the complicated one I did for MY first. XD

The second is good too, but if there's one thing I've been taught thanks to Tsuki beating my head in for it, is that it looks like your second mug has a few blends of multiple skin tones around the neck area. If you could fixed that, it'd look better, but also. Something about the tone of the armor and skin with that seems abit....off.

#11 Felover3

Felover3

feLURKER

• Veterans
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:03 PM

The second mug (With Rutger's face) is pretty good, but it looks liek you mixed FE7/6 colors, and FE8 colors, which is a big no-no.
The Legendary Lurker

Has a Blazor Favor

#12 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:21 PM

I didn't use any FE8 colors for that reason, so it's all FE6/7. Thanks for that skin tone thing, hopefully it makes this one look better:

user posted image

Jaffar face, standard soldier armor, with the armor using Hector's traveling robe in Bern, and the trimming of the armor is Jaffar's hair and Roy's hair.

Critique/Coment plz biggrin.gif

That little bit of skin under the chin was bothering me so I updated it:
user posted image

And I forgot to mention this, but I had to redo the right jaw (our POV) to fit the body, so any comments on that would be nice lol.
user posted image

-Bo Burnham

#13 ~Lone~

~Lone~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:00 PM

Looks really good, but you're right about his jaw, but I'm more focused on that black space in the corner. Just because it looks like his neck was too thin.

#14 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:43 AM

user posted image

Redo of the Jaffar. Since before they wereall practice, I might add this to my hack though. Now I'm worried his neck is too big, and I redid his jaw, and I think it looks better.
user posted image

-Bo Burnham

#15 shadowofchaos

shadowofchaos

??????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:11 AM

user posted image

Teh hax box...

Know it... Save it... Use it...

LMAO

(btw, sorry for not posting that tutorial yet, I got finals >_> I WILL do it after Thrursday, promise)

Oh crud... sorry, I thought when you said "too big", I thought you meant the sprite... lol

I need to stop skimming
user posted image

#16 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:33 AM

Oh yeah, I meant to ask, where can I get that box?

Thanks laugh.gif

Nevermind, it blends into the background to well, so I didn't see it. And don' worry about the guide, I understand

user posted image

New one! I kind of like the blue part, but I'm kinda unsure about the right part of the neck I had to redo and the left shoulder shading.

New ONE!!!

user posted image

Hector is having a bad hair day biggrin.gif!!!

It's not the best, but I just did it as a joke.
user posted image

-Bo Burnham

#17 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:13 PM

Weird outline color for the first, multiple outlines, and splotches missing on the outline.

Second one you need shading on the forehead, where the hair meets the head.

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#18 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:22 PM

Yay more!

user posted image

Just simple head splice with some shading/recoloring necks and armor parts.

comment por favor.

I just realized that part of the Lord version hair doesn't go down long enough

that's what she said
user posted image

-Bo Burnham

#19 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:52 PM

1st: poor shading on the neck region.

2nd: Patchy hair outline, extremely poor shading on the neck, head angles don't match up, the head is disproportionally sized to the body.

3rd: Poor shading on the neck. No shading on the end of the hair, where the hair meets the back.

4th: Patchy hair outline. Awkward cloak shading.

5th: Poor shading on the neck and chest. Head is disproportionally sized to the body.

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#20 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

Yeah I realized half that stuff after I posted it :/

The Garrett one was me messing around, and I knew the lord one was mesed up size why but I just got back from school and didn't want to edit it. I didn't even realize I fed up the hair though, I'll have to watch out for that one.

I guess I have to work on my neck shading more unsure.gif
user posted image

-Bo Burnham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users