Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Super Smash Bros. 4

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

So just out of curiosity who does everyone use? I use Pit and Mario, though I haven't had many chances to play Smash4.
Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#42 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:39 PM

mostly Ike and Dedede, but i like to cycle through most of the characters. the only characters i don't play at all are mario, luigi, peach, rosalina, and duck hunt. i just don't like them at all

#43 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

I main Falco and Dr. Mario. I tend to use Sheik, Mega Man, and Shulk if the need arises though. (Don't practice with those three nearly as much.)

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#44 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:24 PM

Mostly random, but my favorite characters tend to be the Fire Emblem characters and Shulk, mostly just because I like them (and I've been using Marth for a while). Also, Samus and Ness, because reasons. I play as plenty of people though. Slowly starting to dislike playing as certain characters though lol. Too bad I can't do like, a "selective random", where it chooses a random character from amongst characters I select (so that I don't random characters I don't like, lol). THAT would be cool. And make my life way easier (I have a hard time choosing characters. And stages. <_<')

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#45 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:49 PM

I've been a ROB main since Brawl. I also enjoy Shulk, Marth, Lucario, and Link in no particular order, though I'm not too great at any of them. Of characters I have no idea how to play, I really want to learn Falco.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#46 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:00 PM

ROB huh, Silence also seems to like ROB a little

I generally don't see many ROB players though. if i do they mostly seem to enjoy playing games with lasers and the down-B and there are some silly throws ROB has and that twirling down-smash that is lulz haha

Shulk/Marth/Link, go sword-users~

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#47 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:08 AM

Been trying to phase out my Marth in favor of Pikachu since I'm trying to main Marth in melee. It's going alright though Marth is still my best.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#48 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:28 AM

Mario and Yoshi are the main two characters I use, although I can use everyone somewhat decently. Some worse than others, some better than others. Shulk, Link, and Ganondorf would be my best characters after Yoshi & Mario.

#49 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

tried out cruel smash...only killed two. on the other hand i got to 219 in endless smash. ike is a monster in that mode.

#50 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:32 PM

tried out cruel smash...only killed two. on the other hand i got to 219 in endless smash. ike is a monster in that mode.

lol Ike is good for something, at least :P

Been trying to phase out my Marth in favor of Pikachu since I'm trying to main Marth in melee. It's going alright though Marth is still my best.

good luck. *withholds snarky remark*

Mario and Yoshi are the main two characters I use, although I can use everyone somewhat decently. Some worse than others, some better than others. Shulk, Link, and Ganondorf would be my best characters after Yoshi & Mario.

didn't know you were good with Link or Ganondorf. Rarely see you use those tbh (Shulk I don't see often either but I remember you playing as him more before). Maybe it's just that you usually play random when we play together or something lol.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#51 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:01 AM

Excuse me blazer but I don't think you've seen how great ike is yet. Other people may be better...actually half of the roster is considered better than him, but as far as I'm concerned he's the best. Unfortunately I can't win many 1 on 1 matches with him since I have no air game with anyone, but in the team smash and smash modes he is amazing.

#52 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:21 PM

Zac the important things isn't that you can beat Blazer or other great players, the important thing is that you can beat the people you know irl. That way they have no reason to doubt that you are better than them.

I can attest that Ike is brutal in free for all/ 4 player smash matches.

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#53 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:37 PM

didn't know you were good with Link or Ganondorf. Rarely see you use those tbh (Shulk I don't see often either but I remember you playing as him more before). Maybe it's just that you usually play random when we play together or something lol.

Really? I use Ganondorf a ton against Cero. Surprised you didn't know I used him. Understanding with Link, he is the character I use the least of all of them.

#54 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:09 PM

Excuse me blazer but I don't think you've seen how great ike is yet. Other people may be better...actually half of the roster is considered better than him, but as far as I'm concerned he's the best. Unfortunately I can't win many 1 on 1 matches with him since I have no air game with anyone, but in the team smash and smash modes he is amazing.

Zac the important things isn't that you can beat Blazer or other great players, the important thing is that you can beat the people you know irl. That way they have no reason to doubt that you are better than them.

I can attest that Ike is brutal in free for all/ 4 player smash matches.

I mean it's Ike he was in Brawl WE'RE WELL AWARE OF JUST HOW GREAT HE IS IN MATCHES WITH 3 OR MORE PLAYERS OR MISCELLANEOUS MODES WHERE YOU'RE FIGHTING NOOB AI'S, OKAY

sadly he's garbage in 1v1's and unless you've mastered Ike or close to it, or you're just way better than the other player/they're a noob, you're probably going to get owned, lol. (I used to play Ike quite a lot in Brawl and he's very similar now so I play a decent game with him, but there's little I can do to make-up for his inability to land killing attacks on people with decent reflexes, lol)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#55 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

The goldfishest memory ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:00 PM

I've noticed that Ike's aerials are kind of scary if you can utilise them properly. In particular, his Neutral Air is fun to use~

d1e502f831c13190dd34a16b376298af%20-%20C

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA, HERE'S YOUR COMPLIMENTARY

DIAL-UP INTERNET AND OVERLY-POISONOUS ARACHNID

#56 Lucia

Lucia

FES's Kinkiest Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, Music, Gaming, Art, Graphic Design

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:56 PM

sadly he's garbage in 1v1's and unless you've mastered Ike or close to it, or you're just way better than the other player/they're a noob, you're probably going to get owned, lol. (I used to play Ike quite a lot in Brawl and he's very similar now so I play a decent game with him, but there's little I can do to make-up for his inability to land killing attacks on people with decent reflexes, lol)

Good thing Ike is my main. And I can crush most people in 1v1 no problem with him. B) My reflexes are pretty good and I always make sure to make a hit matter.

So many stars have been seen in matches with my friends.

So many.

user posted image
made me promise to never tell but you know me, i can't help myself

#57 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:51 AM

^ this. my main problem with ike right now in 1v1 matches though is shulk. so many shulk players in 1 on 1 mode. i don't even touch that mode anymore because i know it'll just be shulk. i really need to pick someone else up like i did ike, but no other character seems to fit how i like to play quite as well as ike. you know that whole "come here so i can tear your face off" play style. chasing people down is for people who can move. 

tbh though i don't have any issues playing against my irl friends. i know how they play well enough that i can predict most of their movements. which makes ike a hell of a lot easier to play.

#58 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:20 AM

I've noticed that Ike's aerials are kind of scary if you can utilise them properly. In particular, his Neutral Air is fun to use~

lol yeah though his forward air feels slightly nerfed. but in general using his airs is pretty key to playing a good Ike

Good thing Ike is my main. And I can crush most people in 1v1 no problem with him. B) My reflexes are pretty good and I always make sure to make a hit matter.

So many stars have been seen in matches with my friends.

So many.

ha, now I have to play you and see just how good you are. I think I'd be kinda pleased if you managed to wreck me as Ike. I mean, I like him, I just honestly don't think he can compete with the S-TIER CHARACTERS and it's a shame but some people only play those characters so yeah lol

I'll even let you choose my character so you can't say I counterpicked you. LET'S GO! (... we really should play sometime soon anyway, if you have time to sit down for some matches on the Wii U version XD I don't really care much about winning I just want to trash-talk people :P *troublemaker*)

^ this. my main problem with ike right now in 1v1 matches though is shulk. so many shulk players in 1 on 1 mode. i don't even touch that mode anymore because i know it'll just be shulk. i really need to pick someone else up like i did ike, but no other character seems to fit how i like to play quite as well as ike. you know that whole "come here so i can tear your face off" play style. chasing people down is for people who can move. 

tbh though i don't have any issues playing against my irl friends. i know how they play well enough that i can predict most of their movements. which makes ike a hell of a lot easier to play.

yeah that's understandable, Shulk's range/air game and all lol. there's plenty of characters that are suited well to a defensive/zoning style of play though XP I actually don't see too many aggressive players >_<; it's more fun for me when people are aggressive because more CRAZY THINGS can happen (my fave part of Smash haha) but it's not always a good fit for that person's character/personality/whatever so eh

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#59 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

The goldfishest memory ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:35 PM

lol yeah though his forward air feels slightly nerfed. but in general using his airs is pretty key to playing a good Ike

I think it was sped up actually, which is a boon for Ike.

d1e502f831c13190dd34a16b376298af%20-%20C

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA, HERE'S YOUR COMPLIMENTARY

DIAL-UP INTERNET AND OVERLY-POISONOUS ARACHNID

#60 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:42 PM

A Smash Direct was announced for June 14th at 4:30 PM CEST, which in EST is 9:40 AM. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users