Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Monster hunter X

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:30 AM

So the localization team goofed on the killer beetle. They translated it (somehow) as shiny beetle, then proceeded to rewrite the description do the name would make sense instead of realizing they made a mistake. Calls into question whether they had even played monster hunter before working on it.

Lol. Blind translations for the lose.

I like how they felt the need to point out that Neko means cat, and they did this IN HIS NAME SECTION.

Also:
That feels when you get the PERFECT Felyne for your prowler mode: Fighting bias, prefers large targets, Big Boomerang and Piercing Boomerang, my preferred eye color/shape, ear shape, and tail shape...

PJmBjXp.jpg

Only to have it be some obnoxious color that's VEEEEERY close to my least favorite of all time.

It's killing me because he is perfect in every other way. If only I could hack his color to be a little more...tame.

Yet I am keeping him. His name is Jade. He is a blinding color in the sunlight. BUT OH WELL.

IUfb9Eg.png

#42 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:50 AM

neko(means cat) is actually his name. it's from all the way back in monster hunter 3.

#43 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:56 AM

Does he not do that thing where he claims Neko means Tiger now?

Maybe it's just a self-image thing, though.

61513f3bad5e16905563b07d135464ed.jpg

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#44 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:04 PM

^ WTH happened to that link? It kind of broke.

I find that the general lack of documentation on Prowler Mode and various aspects of Palicoes is a bit discouraging. I understand that most people prefer being hunters because Raw Damage and all, but surely there were SOME people who played Prowler Mode and documented this stuff? The closest thing I can find is a wiki page of Palico skills and their unlock requirements.

Everything else I gleamed either from Reddit or friends.

IUfb9Eg.png

#45 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:25 PM

gaijin hunter has some videos on prowler mode iirc(monster hunter youtuber)

#46 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:58 PM

So I may or may not have been messing around with save file editing to see what kinds of weapons/armors are in the game. (Because seriously, I cannot find ANYTHING on prowler weapons/armors that are not in videos and in japanese) and I found this.

obD95PM.jpg

I am now in severe need of knowing how and when I can get this weapon, but because of its name, (F Star World,) the only thing google shows me is star fox DLC stuff. ;_;

IUfb9Eg.png

#47 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:40 PM

the lack of helpful guides/tutorials/info and such in-game for me was one of the major things that hurt enjoyment of MH for me so I'd probably not even try the Palico mode or w/e cuz if I have to google how to work it I'd be like bleghhh lol

that's just me tho

Does he not do that thing where he claims Neko means Tiger now?

Maybe it's just a self-image thing, though.

61513f3bad5e16905563b07d135464ed.jpg

"Neko means Tiger" ahahaha plz

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#48 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:51 AM

the lack of helpful guides/tutorials/info and such in-game for me was one of the major things that hurt enjoyment of MH for me so I'd probably not even try the Palico mode or w/e cuz if I have to google how to work it I'd be like bleghhh lol

that's just me tho

"Neko means Tiger" ahahaha plz

I can find plenty of info on MH...MH4, that is. EVERY time I google something with generations, MH4 shows up. It's exasperating.

Thankfully, Palico mode is a much more watered down "easy mode" where you don't have to worry about so many mechanics. (E.g. having to worry about weapon sharpness, stamina, being too hot/too cold, etc.) Their drawback is that end-game, they're incredibly inferior to hunters stat-wise, due to their weapons and armors. :/

IUfb9Eg.png

#49 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:52 PM

I can find plenty of info on MH...MH4, that is. EVERY time I google something with generations, MH4 shows up. It's exasperating.

Ahahaha yeah I gotcha there

That's interesting, and stuff doesn't carry between them so your investment in Pailco's can't be directed towards Hunters, right? :(

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#50 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:59 PM

Ahahaha yeah I gotcha there

That's interesting, and stuff doesn't carry between them so your investment in Pailco's can't be directed towards Hunters, right? :(

Yeah, they can't. Palicoes/Prowlers are completely different from hunters, have different gear, weapons, gameplay, they don't need items and most materials (they need 'scraps' which can be gained from certain materials, but otherwise...) etc. They CAN still use traps, eat at bistros and use maps, but they can't upgrade their gear at all like hunters can. Their skillsets and support moves are different too.

The plus side to this is that you don't have to worry about areas that are too hot/too cold, stamina, keeping your weapon sharp or multi-button comboes. If your friend plays as a human, they get to take all the supplies given to you at the beginning of a quest since all you need is a map.

The downside is that end-game, they fail to reach a hunter's potential, but I guess that's to be expected. We're comparing cats to humans, here. lol

But being the cat person that I am, I find them much more visually appealing than the humans. (Especially since human armor/weapons tend to be wtheck-worthy. My friend had a sword that was taller than he was. He said it was a knife. >_> )

IUfb9Eg.png

#51 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:21 AM

monster hunter has the best weapons though. who wouldn't want to beat down a snake the size of a mountain with a hammer that is literally just a giant ham?

#52 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:48 AM

monster hunter has the best weapons though. who wouldn't want to beat down a snake the size of a mountain with a hammer that is literally just a giant ham?

Hahaha. Or cheese on a stick. Or a FISH. My favorite is the planet though. All the puns you can make with that. "GET READY TO FEEL A WORLD OF PAIN!" *tomato'd*

Palico weapons especially are hilarious. Ham, cheese on a stick, a fish, a parasol, a clipboard, a newspaper, a book, a giant syringe... Okay so some of these are DLC items BUT STILL.

IUfb9Eg.png

#53 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:00 AM

You guys can go on with your primitive MH lives and 3DSes.

I will be playing my UNDOUBTEDLY SUPERIOR hunting game for my PSVita released yesterday.

UNDOUBTEDLY

2016-08-30-230711.jpg

SUPERIOR

2016-08-30-233353.jpg

*rubs vita all over my face*

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#54 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:53 AM

Okay, sure, it has a superior human character creator, but can you defeat massive dinosaurs with nothing but a common housecat? I think not.

Although if MH had humans as pretty as those, I might would use them more...

IUfb9Eg.png

#55 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:22 AM

I was really surprised with how good the God eater character creator is. Spent like 20 minutes on just that(5 of which were with the voices. None of them really fit my character, so I had to decide which one to settle with)

#56 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:52 PM

Okay, sure, it has a superior human character creator, but can you defeat massive dinosaurs with nothing but a common housecat? I think not.

Oh yeah well, AT LEAST WE DON'T GO AROUND GATHERING AND THROWING POOP.

(I was going to say something about how you should get back to me when "housecat" is replaced by "rabbit", but bunnies are prey animals anyway so...)

I was really surprised with how good the God eater character creator is. Spent like 20 minutes on just that(5 of which were with the voices. None of them really fit my character, so I had to decide which one to settle with)

The face I had when I realized this wasn't dual audio

tumblr_npozts0ivn1r60zuio1_500.gif

#57 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:32 PM

There's a bunny monster. It'd be weird killing a bunny using a bunny.

IUfb9Eg.png

#58 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:37 PM

Lagombi's more like a wombat than it is a rabbit tbh.

Though either way does Generations not have Barioth or Nargacuga or Teostra and so on?

#59 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:01 PM

It has teostra and nargacuga, but not barioth(nor barroth I believe)

#60 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:28 AM

Lagombi's more like a wombat than it is a rabbit tbh.

Though either way does Generations not have Barioth or Nargacuga or Teostra and so on?

Lagombi is like this weird mix of a bear and a rabbit.

Nargacuga is specifically a dragon with panther-like traits. It doesn't count. :P

Haven't fought the others so I can't argue against them. lol

My friend and I fought Plesioth yesterday and I think I have decided upon my least favorite enemy. >_> I thought I disliked its land-dwelling cousin but my friend wasn't kidding when he said the water variant was worse.

IUfb9Eg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users