Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Say a Prayer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 12:54 PM

A friend i've known for...i'm not even sure how long now has been fighting with cancer her entire life, and the doctors say she isn't going to make it through the weekend. this girl has been dealing with that shit since she was born, and always had a smile on her face through it all. easily one of the strongest people i know. it's fucked up. anyway i'd appreciate it if you guys could say a prayer for her and her family. her name is Juliana Carver.

Edit: when i say "it's fucked up" i mean the entire situation. she was abandoned 2 months after being born in the ukraine, and was adopted into a family here in america. she was diagnosed with cancer at 20 months old. the cancer didn't really flare up til she was 2, and the treatments helped keep it down for awhile. i met her through martial arts interestingly enough. my dad ran a Tae Kwon Do dojang called Warriors for Christ. basically we beat the shit out of each other in the name of God. her adopted father is hyper religious, so he enrolled all of his kids. speaking of her father the guy is pretty ok. he adopts abandoned children from the ukraine, and does his best to give them a good life. he's fairly wealthy from his job as a motivational speaker/author, so he's able to do a damn good job of it too. anyway about 2 years after that her cancer came back, and she had to go back to basically living in a hospital for the next 4 years. after that she was in and out of the hospital up until just recently when it flared up really bad and she wasn't able to leave. that's been going on for about...4 months i think? but this little girl hasn't even had the opportunity to live her life. all she knows is the inside of a hospital. basically she only has two years of life, and she's 12 years old(i might have gotten that wrong, but i think i did my math right). her only friends are other kids struggling with cancer, and despite her terrible situation she never once gave up. not even one time has she ever complained, or been angry about any of it. even now as she's lying on what could very well be her deathbed she's still trying to talk to people, and tell them that she wants to get better and go home.

#2 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:09 PM

Absolutely I'll be praying.

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#3 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:22 PM

She didn't make it. Everything was going great. she was well enough to go home yesterday, and then this morning she didn't wake up.

#4 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:00 AM

My condolences for the loss.  Sounds like you two were pretty close. 

Cancer sucks.  It really does (exactly why I'm studying to work in the treatment field).

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#5 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:02 AM

She didn't make it. Everything was going great. she was well enough to go home yesterday, and then this morning she didn't wake up.

This is late, but...

That's so sad. :(

Hopefully now, she's not suffering anymore...

IUfb9Eg.png

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:12 PM

I also just saw this. It's a deep reminder of just how cruel life can be, and also that anyone can die at any moment.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Hang in there. It sounds like she was a good person, and it's tragic her time was cut short.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users