Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Moments of being Screwed

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Swordsalmon

Swordsalmon

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:40 AM

With RNG and general poor planning, just about everyone has been screwed over in Fire Emblem. What are some of your worst moments?

One that just happened today to me: I'm playing FE5, Chapter 19. After having to restart about seven times, I finally was able to survive the first turn... I thought. Everything was working perfectly, until Conomore attacked. He missed, then got a second turn. He used this to move all the way up and kill Lara. :/ Needless to say, I Warped Hicks on the first turn (restart), to kill Conomore out of spite.

#2 Ezra

Ezra

ring a bell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:34 AM

FE8

Neimi vs Vigarde

Vigarde uses greatshield a whole bunch of times and gets acritical with his spear.

#3 Fitz24

Fitz24

The man, the myth, the Fitz.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:46 AM

This was actually in Tactics Universe:
I had restarted the chapter a few times already. I was on the final stretch and there were maybe 4 enemies left. I move Shon in range of a Fighter with a Sword of course. RNG was a douche and the Fighter 2% criticaled me with an Iron Axe.

I wanted to cry.
user posted image

Check out my Let's Plays!
http://www.youtube.c...tz?feature=mhum

Leif is the greatest character ever.

#4 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:50 AM

One of my more recent ones was from Shadow Dragon, believe it or not.

I was on some early chapter (can't remember which; the one where two of the Pegasus sisters are recruited). I sent down a couple of guys toward the room with the treasure chest and sniper since a thief was running that way, and I got literally one space away from being able to unlock the door.

What happens? Enemy thief moves his max range, unlocks the door, sniper kills whoever was down there. Not RNG related but still...I couldn't have predicted that lmao.

user posted image

#5 George_The_Unseen

George_The_Unseen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

I was playing FE7
Eliwood Hard Mode
Chapter: Cog of Destiny(Linus)

I was doing great.. I was getting close to the shrine.. And I sent Guy with a Wo Dao to go kill some random beserker... Guy had a 100% chance of hitting and a 70% of a critical... The beserker had a 10% chance of hitting... and 2% chance of a critcal.. (I think you can see where I'm going with this)

Well Guy didn't critical him... But that didn't bother me a whole lot...
But.. The beserker did his critical... and killed Guy... FML...
user posted image

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

WOWOWOW that blows lol

One time I was playing and Shon (a character in a hack) missed with a 93%. THen the game trolls me and some random NPC nomad criticals some random enemy nomad with like less than 3% chance.

That just said to me "hahah, that's how you do it"... and I hate when the game trolls me >___>

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Ezra @ Mar 2 2011, 09:34 PM)
FE8

Neimi vs Vigarde

Vigarde uses greatshield a whole bunch of times and gets acritical with his spear.

I f**king hate Vigarde when playing FE8 on the actual cartridge. That damn spear always has critical percent on anyone who doesn't have ridiculously high luck (which is hard at that point in the game unless you tower abuse).

And if he criticals (essentially) anyone with it...they're dead. Probably Fe8's toughest moment.
user posted image

#8 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:31 PM

^Hah, really?

Wait, what? I didn't even know enemies can use skills in FE8... lol. I guess I just forgot since it's been a while but I actually can't remember a single time an enemy activated a skill on ME... lol...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#9 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:52 AM

Yeah only a couple of units have skills, IIRC (I think only Wyvern Knights, Generals, and Snipers had them, but I can't remember).

But yes, it does happen on the very rare occasion lul. And When I said Fe8's toughest moment I should have probably said Fe8's one tough moment XD
user posted image

#10 Hawk

Hawk

Lol Generic.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, RPGs in general, Brawl, Pokemon ^^;, Baseball, video games, tacos... A lot of stuff.

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

Lol, all the time.
Arena:
All the time, I get screwed over with Seth and Ross.
It would be like one of them vs a pegasus knight: Ross attacks, and then the pegasus knight would attack. So I have low HP, right? I rapidly press B. It doesn't like me.
Dead.

And once, I had like 95% hit chance. I miss. Of course, the fighter I'm against with his 6% hit chance hits me.
And Chapter 5: Joshua criticals Seth. Same as in chapter whatever: Marisa criticals Seth.
user posted image
{-----Why thank you, Shu.-----}

#11 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:44 AM

^It seems the answer to your problem is to not use Seth
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#12 Hawk

Hawk

Lol Generic.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, RPGs in general, Brawl, Pokemon ^^;, Baseball, video games, tacos... A lot of stuff.

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

Which I understand. But, in the arena, I need moniez.
user posted image
{-----Why thank you, Shu.-----}

#13 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:13 PM

Not really, in Fe:8 you don't need very much money because of no ranking system so you should be fine without the arena, even then you don't need to use Seth! tongue.gif
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#14 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

THere's tons of ways to get money in FE8... never had to worry about that. Ever. >_>

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#15 -IDK-

-IDK-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:46 AM

Well today playing Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
on chapter 4-3
Sothe Vs Swordmaster
Sothe with a 92% chance of hitting misses
Sword master with a 26% chance of hitting hits
Sothe on a second attack he misses again
now by this point I'm like wtf Sothe so now its the enemies turn the swordmaster hits him again and Sothe misses a third time and wait for it he missed a fourth time, so I'm thinking Sothe doesn't understand a 92% on hitting usually means you hit something -__-

#16 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

Can't remember when it was, but I missed a 99% and got hit by a 1%. And they hit a critical 1% as well iirc.

#17 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:20 AM

^lol worst possible situation

umm so I was playing a really hard hack and had to use savestates and I got stuck on this one turn. I tried about 40 different situations and got almost everyone killed in the process, until finally, the enemy that was giving me the most problems decided to attack my General (who had max HP IIRC). So ultimately in my final situation, the only luck I needed wasn't to dodge attacks or not get critical'd, but for the enemy to randomly attack my General as opposed to my other units.

*facepalm*

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#18 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (bblues @ Apr 14 2011, 04:50 AM)
Can't remember when it was, but I missed a 99% and got hit by a 1%. And they hit a critical 1% as well iirc.

If this is FE5 you're talking about then that seems like a common occurrence tongue.gif. The RNG is EVIL in that game...
user posted image

#19 Swordsalmon

Swordsalmon

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (Bobryk @ Apr 14 2011, 09:06 PM)

If this is FE5 you're talking about then that seems like a common occurrence tongue.gif. The RNG is EVIL in that game...

Thracia 776 uses different mechanics then most the games. Namely, the RNG only goes from 1-99%, and PCC makes it so displayed critical is actually multiplied by the unit's PCC. So some of it isn't just bad luck. wink.gif

#20 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:36 AM

PCC = ?

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users