Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Homosexual marriage ban declared unconstitutional in Iowa

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 wraith89

wraith89

Song of Death

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Can I fit them all in here? :)<br>Ok, random facts...<br>Favorite animals in order from best to less... but I still love them all!<br>1) Frog<br>2) Rabbit<br>3) Eagle<br>4) Dolphin<br>5) Turtle<br>6) Dog<br><br>... and the list goes on...

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (Ephidel @ April 04, 2009 02:02 am)
I have friends who are trannies, actually. They're not as weird as people think they are. Well yeah...people who spread it is wrong. If someone is homosexual, they're homosexual. But pushing it on others is wrong.

They even spread propaganda-like messages and make children think that homosexuals are the victims. Well, that's too exaggerated. Ever heard of Matthew Shepard? The poster boy of the gay rights movement... he was NOT killed because he was homosexual... but the two men just wanted to rob him of his money and were high when they did that. However, American public schools spread the idea that he was persecuted because of his homosexuality. They shouldn't be lying like that. Even Wikipedia, the forums of the liberals, state that he may have been killed because of his homosexuality... and doesn't even state the true cause until MUCH LATER into the article, which people won't really see through anyways.

#22 Felover3

Felover3

feLURKER

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Interests:Archery, Guns, Ballroom Dancing, Cooking, Board Games, Magic TCG, Gaming, FE, Lost in Blue.

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:41 AM

They can get married, because married gets more benefits then say a civil union or whatever BS they made up. The benefits are US whole for a marrage, only a state for union. Therefore I do not like the whole banning thing. I mean, who decides who can get married or not? Saying gay people get less opportunities carries the women and colored people debates that went on for centuries.
-------------------------------------
The Legendary Lurker

"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone's eyes and steal whatever the hell life gave them." ~Me

Has a Blazor Favor

#23 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:43 AM

America needs someone to oppress. We can no longer oppress black people or women, so we turn to homosexuals. After that boat's sailed, we'll turn to nudists, maybe trannies.
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#24 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:16 PM

There's nothing wrong with gay marriage at all, so overturning a ban on it is good an all.

#25 Leo

Leo

Gender Non-Conformist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

I fully support gay marriage.

Also, wraith 89 is a very silly person. Sexuality is an inherent part of someone's character, it's not a "choice".

Of Raven heart and Sable mind.

#26 wraith89

wraith89

Song of Death

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Can I fit them all in here? :)<br>Ok, random facts...<br>Favorite animals in order from best to less... but I still love them all!<br>1) Frog<br>2) Rabbit<br>3) Eagle<br>4) Dolphin<br>5) Turtle<br>6) Dog<br><br>... and the list goes on...

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Leo @ April 04, 2009 06:47 pm)
I fully support gay marriage.

Also, wraith 89 is a very silly person. Sexuality is an inherent part of someone's character, it's not a "choice".

How am I silly for not thinking YOUR way? I don't see any scientific evidence to say homosexuality is genetically linked. I realize I think differently from the majority at times, but I am entitled to do so. We may not agree in many things but understand where I am coming from. I'm sure my ideas are not too far fetched.

#27 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:58 PM

Science says it is a disease. A DISEASE. How prejudiced is THAT?
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#28 wraith89

wraith89

Song of Death

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Ephidel @ April 04, 2009 11:58 pm)
Science says it is a disease. A DISEASE. How prejudiced is THAT?

I have my mom's really old DMS and homosexuality is found in one of the pages. Later on they removed it though... so do scientists still call it a disease? I think it's unnatural, like I said a million of times, but I don't know if I would call it a disease...

#29 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:dingleberries

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:47 AM

I heard homosexuallity is a "mutation" of the gland in the brain that produces chemicals to make you desire the oposite sex, making you instead desire the same sex. But who can prove that? I don't know what makes you gay but I know some ppl just are and some do it by choice. I have a neutrality towards gay marriage but I too say the law to ban it is unconstitutional cuz it says no where in it that ppl can't marry the same sex. If they wanna be gay and be married fine let them do it! Just cuz it's 2 guys or 2 girls don't mean they don't love each other. My aunt is gay for Christs sake! And I'm fine with that!
user posted image

#30 Tsuki-Hime

Tsuki-Hime

Whiney Fucking Bitch

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Anime, RP'ing, Sleeping, Eating, Resting..... well I couldn't think of much I'm content not having a social life:P

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:15 AM

Hmm I better get my opinion out before I start tearing poor little wraith to shreds.... I'm pro-homosexual but am not homosexual myself.

Firstly I want to point out christianity or other alternatives are not much better to homosexuality in wraiths examples. Lets start then

"It's unnatural"
Guess what? So it the building you're living in! Which means we must all go live in caves and hollow tree's since unnatural = bad.

"Reduce human population"
Personally I think the Florida remark is utter rubbish, I don't even think you'd be able to fit earths population in the USA. But even that aside keep in mind that some parts of the world are not ideal for human habitation and that Florida alone could not produce enough goods/services for the entire human race. Florida couldn't feed China for a start.

"Sure, straight people get HIV, but that's only because they acquired it from the others who were homosexual"
Okay, so where is your basis or source for this information, and seeing as how HIV is a scientific issue and not a curse brought on by some god I want scientific sources, not the general rumour gossip either.

"I'm sure homosexuals are not in love for their same sex"
This is a practical perspective, and you are implying love=sex. I could love a girl and kiss her in a loving way but that's because I like her, not because she will fulfil the role of a woman/man. And to be graphical I'd like to know how it's possible to take on the same role. THe roles taken are assertive and submissive, not man and woman.

Now here comes my reasoning for Christinaity being the same as homosexuality.
-Firstly religion is not natural, it deals with the divine intervention/cause that change the natural flow of things.
-"The American public schools are being led by homosexual activists trying to infringe their homosexuality trying to make it look normal... especially to little children around age 5, who are their targets, for being young makes you vulnerable to most influences."
This made me laugh, while I doubt homosexuals can't literally take over the education system (without world spread contreversy) targetting the young is nothing new, religion itself claims to be the truth. And that it must be taught to your children (Else they suffer, in hell or whatever) hence it even uses fear tactics. This was also done in many asian countries where Christianity was introduced and many were killed for being heretics or idol worshippers. At the very least I don't think homosexuals will start demanding genocide of the straght population.
-Homosexuals only promote themselves because they aren't accepted. Make it normal and I'm sure they'll shut up. From my observation humans fight for what they believe they have a right to. And when denied this right they start promoting themselves. Hence it is no surprise they won't shut up.
-I'm not sure if they're victims but if they're being denied rights and also being labeled as "sinful" I guess they are a victim of social exclusion and religious propaganda.\
-" I don't see any scientific evidence to say homosexuality is genetically linked."
And I don't see any scientific evidence that your big daddy up in the clouds exists either.

Overall anything can be attacked and as Ephidel said it was women before, "blacks" "the chinamen" and communists they move on to homosexuals. If it was known as a disease then that alone proves they are victim to societys BS.

#31 Roque Minonovo

Roque Minonovo

Weed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:20 AM

wraith, I'd prefer it if you keep your Christianity to yourself. In my eyes, in detracts away from the value of reason and free thinking, and its screwing up our youth to follow pre-determined paths in life.

#32 Leo

Leo

Gender Non-Conformist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (wraith89 @ April 04, 2009 10:54 pm)

How am I silly for not thinking YOUR way? I don't see any scientific evidence to say homosexuality is genetically linked. I realize I think differently from the majority at times, but I am entitled to do so. We may not agree in many things but understand where I am coming from. I'm sure my ideas are not too far fetched.

Actually, there is quite a bit of evidence that sexuality is part of your make up, or at least not a choice someone makes. Though science as yet does not know exactly what causes it. This article sums up the current facts pretty well.

http://en.wikipedia....uality#Etiology

See the section Etiology. I know you don't like Wikipedia, but this page is very well researched and cites well-respected scientific researches.

@The last two posters, while I agree with you, I would lay-off the Christian bashing a little. Being polite to everyone is generally the way to go.

#33 Roque Minonovo

Roque Minonovo

Weed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:22 PM

I'm just trying to prove a point, because I've never forced being a Deist on someone, and I've certainly never tried to corrupt our youth by being bi-sexual. It's insulting to me, and although I respect his right to say it, I'm not above responding with an example to prove he is the pot calling the kettle black.

#34 Tsuki-Hime

Tsuki-Hime

Whiney Fucking Bitch

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Anime, RP'ing, Sleeping, Eating, Resting..... well I couldn't think of much I'm content not having a social life:P

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:40 AM

Nyeh if I wanted to bash religion I'd go much further, but homosexuality is a highly contreversial topic and while I'm neither religious or homo/bisexual I find it irritating when people cite religious sources as a basis of what is wrong and right. I probably wouldn't have said as much nasty things if I didn't see posts condemning forcing gay ideology onto children which was precedented by religion in the past and present and most likely the future.

#35 Leo

Leo

Gender Non-Conformist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:51 PM

It annoys me too, but religon is something deeply held by a lot of people, and insulting it can be quite insulting. Besides, you convince more people with the carrot than the stick.

I'm neither religious or homo/bisexual

Sure? 'Cause you sure as hell aren't straight.....

#36 cox21

cox21

Cormag the Red, Ruby of the Grado Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:00 PM

While I do think that homesexuality is wrong, you can't try and force your views on others and everyone has a right to be free and do as they wish.

Not that that argument makes any difference where I live. Homesexuality is a crime which can get you up to 20+ years in prison.
user posted image

#37 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (Leo @ April 06, 2009 08:51 am)
It annoys me too, but religon is something deeply held by a lot of people, and insulting it can be quite insulting. Besides, you convince more people with the carrot than the stick.

It's weird how the people who believe that there's a invisible man in the sky, who created humans from two humans who only had three sons, (won't say more about that due to inappropriateness) can't not push their views onto other people.

I handle homosexuality weird, I am a straight male, and I define homosexuals and faggots as such;

Homosexuals are just people who are normal and just happen to be homosexual.

Faggots are the homosexuals who are extremely loud and annoying and try to act like what they think high school girls are, and pretty much just ring with insecurity. Usually flamboyant.

For example, a homosexual respects that you're not one and says nothing more about it. A faggot comes into your house, tries to hit on you/is all over you, and remarks that your "drapery is fabusucky."
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)
Yeah, that is what we get. Never mess with Kensai. XD

QUOTE (badkiara103)
Who doesn't want to kill a helpless little girl.

The Holy Kensai Fan Club!
Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

#38 wraith89

wraith89

Song of Death

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:54 PM

I don't get it... since when has this topic been about bashing Christianity. I recall this topic being about homosexual marriage in general, not faith. And besides, in a topic like these, there must always be a dissenter... must I agree with everyone? If so, it would be a stupid and dull topic... and I am sticking with my opinions, despite all your attempts in attacking my faith.

wraith, I'd prefer it if you keep your Christianity to yourself. In my eyes, in detracts away from the value of reason and free thinking, and its screwing up our youth to follow pre-determined paths in life.

I actually see it the other way around. While reason is indeed the enemy of faith, Christianity isn't what you make it out to be... it is a lot more complex.

@The last two posters, while I agree with you, I would lay-off the Christian bashing a little. Being polite to everyone is generally the way to go.

Thank you very much. At least you can respect my point of view, even if it is not favorable from the others. I don't know why people always attack Christianity when it comes to controversial topics like this...

Here's some stuff I found regarding homosexuality and genetics... it should be interesting.

http://www.apa.org/t...rientation.html

http://www.narth.com...thardwired.html

Hmm I better get my opinion out before I start tearing poor little wraith to shreds

Nope, I'm still here, alive and well, and none of your points made sense to me at all. While I am at a big disadvantage for not having English as my first language and therefore making me quite inarticulate, I am not done yet. I will do more research on this topic for its sake. I wished we met under better circumstances, for we only got acquainted with each other just now. So how are you? I'm wraith89 as you know... unfitting username for someone of my faith, I know. You are new here, right?

And I don't see any scientific evidence that your big daddy up in the clouds exists either.

What does this have to do the whole homosexuality topic?
Absence of evidence =/= evidence for absence. Ever.

Let's all try and be civil here instead of bashing other people's beliefs. I do not bash others for what they believe but I am rather stating that I think homosexuality just doesn't work out. If you want to bash my beliefs, do it elsewhere, maybe in spam land or my PM and all. Go attack my faith your pitiful "evidences against Christianity", but you will not phaze me. But even then, WHY are you attacking my faith anyhow? You have no reason to do so... at least not in this topic.

#39 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:15 AM

Lolz People are bashing Christianity, becuase people are always Like, THE BIBLE SAYS YOU CANNOT BE HOMOSEXUALL!!!!!1!1!!
Well you know what? I am a Christian, but seriously F*** the Bible, I may be christian, but I don't belive in a God, because I choose to, I don't get corrupted by media and Other people...
All I have to say is, Wraith, your wrong, becuase you shouldn't take control of someones life, and why the Hell should you care? If you sayy everyone is entitled to their opinion, then why can't they be gay? in their eyes thats right, which therfore makes u a Friggin Hypocrite.
The country, USA is messed up becuase of the Republicans screwing everything. Everything was fine, even with the republicans, until, I beileve Ronald Reagan when all republicans started being Conservitive Christain Nutjobs. Bush screwed the economy and now people are blaming Obama. F***ing Obama... THE PROBLEM STARTED BEFORE HE WAS IN OFFICE!!! And now people are starting websites where people are stockpiling weapons apparenty and are going to Murder all the Liberals... There are going to lose since Obama had more Elecorial Votes than anyone ever. So there are obviously more Democrats...

My Opinion Like I said, people should choose what they do and stuff, if you don't agree, TOUGH SH**!!! MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Posted Image

#40 AS Deadly

AS Deadly

\nn/ >.< \nn/

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:31 AM

I don't think it's right to judge whether or not someone can get married to the one they love based on whether they are different genders or not. Doing so elevates Christianity to a national level. Don't get me wrong, I'm personally a Catholic, but I don't think that method of thinking is correct. I also dislike how we Americans say "One nation, under God," because again, some people don't believe in God as a a deity or simply, the deity.

Basically what I'm saying is that things like the Pledge of Allegiance should take a more atheist approach, and not acknowledge any certain religion. We have freedom of religion in the Bill of Rights, for crying out loud!

I'm trying to avoid bashing Christianity, but isn't the MAIN argument for banning homosexual marriage the fact that the bible is against it? Beyond that fact, what is there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users