Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Nightmare Uprising

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Lancer

Lancer

Scrub

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Things not related to school. Except English and art. Possibly history as well.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

So, it's time that we finally shed some light on this little project of ours that spawned from FES. Welcome to Nightmare Uprising, where all your worst fears will come true!

Okay, that's not quite true at all. Nightmare Uprising is an FE7 hack that's in development by the hands of a few capable individuals. Well, capable sans Lancer, cause we all know Lancer is ridiculous :3

Okay, now that that meaningless and pointlessly drawn out introduction is finished, it's time for the actual hack.

Screenshots (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
user posted image

Character Designs

Aqua (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
user posted image

The concept behind Nightmare Uprising is to create an interesting hack of high quality. The hack is still very much a work in progress. As far as the story goes, it's going to be pretty dark. Like, a lot darker than most hacks out there. The hack is based in a separate world that we haven't yet named, during a time that's similar to the renaissance that we've historically undergone. Of course, we won't be giving too many spoilers here ;3

As far as gameplay goes... Well, you'll just have to see for yourself when we release a demo. We're aiming for a generally enjoyable hack, and for the pleasure of Lancer's sadistic tendencies more experienced players, there will be "Nightmare" chapters, which are designed to be incredibly incredibly difficult.

Unfortunately, there is no public release patch as of yet. We're going to try to perfect and refine the first few chapters of the hack before doing so.

Development Team & Credits (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

The Main Team:
-Cheshire
-Lancer
-Ryokutheman
Direct Support:
-Blazer
-Fitz24

Thank you so much for taking your time to see our hack! I hope you'll be able to enjoy it when it's released!

TLPMiniBanner.png

vkWfJfS.png

SUP

#2 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Hey this looks pretty cool. Few questions:

1) You said this is based on the renaissance, does this mean no magical stuff (Pegs, Wyverns, spells, etc.)? I doubt it but I still wanna be sure.

2) Who would be the main lord/character? I can't really see a lord/custom unit. If you're going for a normal class main character I'm guessing... Zephyr.

3) Why do you talk about yourself in the 3rd person?
Well, capable sans Lancer, cause we all know Lancer is ridiculous :3

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#3 Lancer

Lancer

Scrub

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Things not related to school. Except English and art. Possibly history as well.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Snow @ Oct 2 2012, 04:10 PM)
Hey this looks pretty cool. Few questions:

1) You said this is based on the renaissance, does this mean no magical stuff (Pegs, Wyverns, spells, etc.)? I doubt it but I still wanna be sure.

2) Who would be the main lord/character? I can't really see a lord/custom unit. If you're going for a normal class main character I'm guessing... Zephyr.

3) Why do you talk about yourself in the 3rd person?   
Well, capable sans Lancer, cause we all know Lancer is ridiculous :3

1) Oh, there's still magic and all of that jazzy stuff hehe.

2) Zephyr owo. He's not so much a lord as he is the protagonist; hence his battle and map sprite being exclusive to him for the entire game. He's not nobility, so he won't go around with a "lord" class.

3) Because Lancer likes it!

TLPMiniBanner.png

vkWfJfS.png

SUP

#4 Fitz24

Fitz24

The man, the myth, the Fitz.

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

Ermahgerd. Dis hack, is so ermazing. Not because I work on it or anything.
But, yeah, I was skeptical about working on it at first because I wasn't sure this hack had anything to even offer. But then I read some of the storyline, played some beta testing and man oh man. These guys have their shit together.

This hack isn't a conventional Fire Emblem hack whatsoever. It takes the normal story of Fire Emblems and twists it to an extreme dark side.
Buckle up for a great hack guys.

user posted image

Check out my Let's Plays!
http://www.youtube.c...tz?feature=mhum

Leif is the greatest character ever.

#5 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

Please let me beta test. Please?

Oh cool a "Rogue" Hero. haha. Will he have the "open stuff for free ability"?
Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

I don't approve of making this post

But I suppose the content itself is decent enough XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Kingultra

Kingultra

Godly Baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I am interested in this hack. I approve of it.
Please continue working on it. Thank you.

Also, Lancer requested my opinion of this, so don't rage at me for posting.
user posted image

#8 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Bump for Lancer difficulty mode.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

I'm not going to RAGE at you, but you shouldn't be necroposting, and just because the topic creator says it's okay, that doesn't mean it is. TC's can necropost if they have a legitimate reason to (and not some bogus reason with some alternate motive). Please don't necropost again. Thanks.

also Smashed Shu the Great made you a mod you should have warned him sleep.gif how could you let something so simple slip by right in front of you? not to be mean but... lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Jan 14 2013, 05:36 PM)
I'm not going to RAGE at you, but you shouldn't be necroposting, and just because the topic creator says it's okay, that doesn't mean it is. TC's can necropost if they have a legitimate reason to (and not some bogus reason with some alternate motive). Please don't necropost again. Thanks.

also Smashed Shu the Great the Great made you a mod you should have warned him sleep.gif how could you let something so simple slip by right in front of you? not to be mean but... lol

HEY ARE YOU LURKING ON SKYPE AGAIN dry.gif

Also we -might actually get this going again happy.gif
Posted Image

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

what no I'm not sleep.gif did you start up the NU chat or something? lol

anyhow I'm glad to hear it but next time at least make the TC have some reason to bump it, gotta keep some level of dignity in our posts instead of just randomly bumping month old topics sleep.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Jan 14 2013, 07:00 PM)
what no I'm not sleep.gif did you start up the NU chat or something? lol

anyhow I'm glad to hear it but next time at least make the TC have some reason to bump it, gotta keep some level of dignity in our posts instead of just randomly bumping month old topics sleep.gif

Yeah that's what I meant... actually I'll just explain it later ohmy.gif
Posted Image

#13 Lancer

Lancer

Scrub

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

Seeing as how Chesh is probably gonna be gone for good from hacking, and me and Ryoku have started to take the initiative with NU again after the release of Awakening, we're in need of an eventer. Being active is important, and going on skype and keeping in touch will be needed. If anybody is interested (hopefully someone experienced), please let either me or Ryoku know, or chat us up on skype. Coolio~

TLPMiniBanner.png

vkWfJfS.png

SUP

#14 Cheshire

Cheshire

Stranger with Candy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Everything Zen

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

Hey guys.

Wanted to stop in and catch up a little. Yes I'm still alive. And yes, I probably lost most of what I learned about eventing due to inactivity... But I do want to say that I still support this even if that means you take the reigns. I'll do what I can in the following weeks to keep in touch, but they are going to be kinda hectic/strange for me so I won't be much help. Once things settle down I will look into making portraits and getting back into eventing, but no promises. Sorry for disappear on you like that again. Hope you had time to focus on your school work. I'm actually glad you all still talk for the most part.

<---- Not Rolf smile.gif
"Boney gets a boney thinking about Chesh's purring cat."

user posted image

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

(hopefully someone experienced)

beggars can't be picky, and anyone with experience is likely in the midst of getting more experience, i.e. already working on a project, soooo

*shot for negativity*

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 Cheshire

Cheshire

Stranger with Candy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:08 PM

Hello people of the internet!

At long last I have returned. Though few of you know me, I used to occupy this small part of the web several years ago. Back when Fe shrine had it's hack project (Fire Emblem: Immortal Shrine); I was helping organize, write, and other minor things. I was also a part of Blazer's beta testing for the hack: Last Promise. During that time I studied eventing. The IS development team fell apart and returned to normal life. However, with the help of Lancer, Ryokyu, Blazer, Fritz, Ryrumeli, Nih, Bones, and others who I may have forgotten, worked together on a secret project: Fire Emblem: Nightmare Uprising.

I would go into more detail, but I'm writing this on my phone. To keep this short, I will get directly to the point. I have dug up the files buried in my dropbox. Then when I had the opportunity I downloaded the necessary tools to hack. I do have an interest in continuing the project, but I no longer have my old team. Studying the works and getting back at it will take some time... I honestly feel it's a shame it was left to fade away into memory. The least we could have done was share it.

So I ask those reading; if there is any interest, make it known and you might see more out of this (hopefully more than just hype). I have images, back stories for characters, plot ideas, and more. There is also a patched game in the works. I hope all of you have been staying busy these past few years.

user posted image

#17 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:48 AM

yo yo, interesting news, I think Shu would be interested in hearing about this, though sadly most of the others aren't active in the FE community anymore (if in general; Ryoku, who dislikes that name and goes by Ristau, basically doesn't do much if anything FE/gaming related nowadays AFAIK, Lancer idk, Ryrumeli haven't seen in ages, Bones might exist but idk, Fitz idk but he's probably alive...)

have you considered using FEXP or something instead of hacking? since hacking is pretty hard and requires a lot of knowledge? idk. just a thought.

also, what exactly sparked interest in this again? did you see a cool hack or something? maybe play Fates, decide it was terrible and that you wanted to make your own FE game again? hahaha. just curious

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#18 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:55 AM

Damn, I actually logged in to make this post!

I've never been one to play hacks very much, but you get this done I'll absolutely blow dust off my VBA and give it a playthrough, homeboy.

user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#19 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:09 PM

Damn, I actually logged in to make this post!

I've never been one to play hacks very much, but you get this done I'll absolutely blow dust off my VBA and give it a playthrough, homeboy.

brb snapchatting Shu actually posting

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#20 Cheshire

Cheshire

Stranger with Candy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:14 AM

what exactly sparked interest in this again? did you see a cool hack or something? maybe play Fates, decide it was terrible and that you wanted to make your own FE game again? hahaha. just curious

I have not actually completed the game. I may have worded things poorly. The game is essentially the same as it was years ago. I have plenty of ideas for it, but like I mentioned, I would need to brush up on eventing. We left off on chapter four...

The interest came from an abundance of free time and limited money for anything else. But yes, something about today's media, like phone apps are depressingly dull. I mean there is nothing worse than becoming emotional over a video game. Then I remembered all the days spent playing old school games on the Game Boy and the hacked versions of fire emblem. Something about being creative and sharing ideas felt so much more worth while.

I was, however, curious if anyone wanted plot or character back stories for those who are interested. I'm also interested in taking suggestions and may be willing to accept help if this project is to be resurrected.

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users