Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

June's Sprite Ventures

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 JuneoftheMearkat

JuneoftheMearkat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:O_O, waaaay too many to say

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:00 AM

hmm you have a point with that I think, it's kinda weird but somehow the hand seems big... and yet the same time it doesn't feel all that illogical... ughhh I can't explain it but it DOES come off as a little weird XD

Since you guys said that I'm fixing it immediately XD. I thought it was a bit too exaggerated too.

#42 JuneoftheMearkat

JuneoftheMearkat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:47 AM

And here's a vid with a spell, thanksarrow-10x10.png to Snow's awesome assistance. Updatedarrow-10x10.png the timings somewhat and I think I finally have a handle on the sounds :D. Sorryarrow-10x10.png for the derp fimbulvetr colors and bad quality, haha.

#43 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:50 AM

That was wierd but ok. You should test with other spells to be sure it isn't the animation. Looks really cool, you working on a crit?

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#44 JuneoftheMearkat

JuneoftheMearkat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:59 AM

I'm working on the crit right now actually :D. I'll try with the fire animation or something else, I'm wondering if its the animation too.

#45 JuneoftheMearkat

JuneoftheMearkat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:38 PM

Regular attack plus the crit now :D. Had to take out the spell, wasn't showing quite right. Working on a dodge, I have one frame but not the in-between yet. Feedback appreciated!

#46 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:52 AM

that

is so

STYLISH

looks weird without the dodge ofc, and man you have tutorials on don't you? get rid of that! XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#47 anonimzwx

anonimzwx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:00 AM

wow it looks very nice.

#48 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:10 AM

I like it, but it feels kinda TOO simple. Like it's missing a magic circle or a spin or something. 

Posted Image
Posted Image
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#49 GhastStation

GhastStation

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:48 AM

Younger%20Brother%20Vain%20Lord_zpsqg2kr

Armor has been changed a bit on this guy, but the big thing was decorating the headband. I really think I should change the hair somehow, but the problem is the spliced hair is almost exactly what I imagined for the character, but I don't want it to be identical to the original T_T.

Thief%20Younger%20Brother_zpskuzhtewy.pn

Fighter%20Mercenary%20Kid_zps4xdidetn.pn

cleanup and properly aligning the head, but I think the hair is about there, maybe need to flip the shading on the bun and detail the cape more. She's supposed to be a troubadour.

Yaaay, random stuff!

Finished a female reskin of the basic pirate attack. Working on the critical and hand axe frames. The reskin is supposed to match the mug concept, but I'd love any suggestions for changing the design (Particularly the face, since it still uses most of Eleanor's features).

BonnieAttack_zps5eb34f70.png

Female pirate is still super manly XD.

Bonnie_zpsa4ed61fc.png

I am very impressed by these and that animation of the mage girl. You have a lot of potential. Keep up the solid work. 

#50 JuneoftheMearkat

JuneoftheMearkat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:38 AM

that

is so

STYLISH

looks weird without the dodge ofc, and man you have tutorials on don't you? get rid of that! XD

Haha, NEVER! Too lazy right now to take them out XD, since I would have to finish the event script for the prologue, and I'm not done with the text for it yet. At least it gives you an automatic crit to look at. I did finish the dodge for Noelle, but I'm not uploading a vid just for that yet.

I like it, but it feels kinda TOO simple. Like it's missing a magic circle or a spin or something. 

Hmmm, it is a suggestion to consider. I could probably add more sparkles or something to the rune ball thing or maybe another hand sign.

Thank you GhastStation! It's funny you brought up the female pirate, since I never actually finished that one yet *sheepish*. I should probably do that at some point...

So as a minor "break" (LOL what am I saying) from custom stuff, I decided to take my female merc animation and finally put it in the game with a script (and change it to the actual palette it will be), and make a map sprite to go along with it. I got the actual timings from the original merc animation by using this neat script converter from here: http://feuniverse.us...pt-converter/31

Credits go to CT075 (the person in the title as far as I know) for making the converter ^^.

Audio might be out of sync (yay low quality VBA recordings) and from observation the frames may need to be shifted a bit (like to the right hmmm...) buh making the timings like the original worked out well :D. I tried to catch footage of her vs a male merc (the almighty Glass), and did get a lucky crit in there (at 0:23). Note that I didn't put in the frames for the mode where your attack misses so he just randomly dodges air at one point XD.

Here's the frames of the overworld sprite, cuz its a bit hard to catch in the video.

Female%20Merc%20Overworld_zpsz2pvx4dd.pn

#51 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 02:35 AM

the overworld frames are okay, I feel like it's pretty hard to make out the hair but I can't actually give any critique for that, and in-game it looks decent enough.

the animation looks solid, getting the timings was a good idea (I would suggest this to pretty much everyone who makes an animation based off of another animation, but I only used the program a couple times myself and can't remember the program name to actually tell people about it, so yeahh lol--but hey you linked it here at least haha)

the VBA audio desync happens out of time unfortunately, there are ways to fix it (I think an alternate version of VBA has it fixed automatically, but you can also manually fix it) but yeah in general it just stinks haha, sorry about that, it's not a huge deal in a short video though (most people probably can't tell for stuff under 2 minutes anyhow though this goes slightly over and it becomes a bit noticeable at the end lol)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#52 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:59 AM

Man I look at the that and the timing just seems completely wrong in my head for some reason. Then you showed it next to Glass and now I'm just like WTFing. Maybe it's the audio de-sync.

So the sprite itself looks pretty cool, things I notice is that the legs look a bit TOO thin, though maybe adding a pixel would make them look too big so idk if you can fix it. Also there seems to be some weird shading under her right shoulder, it looks a bit too dark IMO.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 JuneoftheMearkat

JuneoftheMearkat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:36 AM

the overworld frames are okay, I feel like it's pretty hard to make out the hair but I can't actually give any critique for that, and in-game it looks decent enough.

the animation looks solid, getting the timings was a good idea (I would suggest this to pretty much everyone who makes an animation based off of another animation, but I only used the program a couple times myself and can't remember the program name to actually tell people about it, so yeahh lol--but hey you linked it here at least haha)

the VBA audio desync happens out of time unfortunately, there are ways to fix it (I think an alternate version of VBA has it fixed automatically, but you can also manually fix it) but yeah in general it just stinks haha, sorry about that, it's not a huge deal in a short video though (most people probably can't tell for stuff under 2 minutes anyhow though this goes slightly over and it becomes a bit noticeable at the end lol)

I should go back and make the hair more exaggerated then probs. Maybe thin out the body a bit more too. And yeah, VBA has that weird issue, but its not really a concern since its only a demonstration I suppose.

Man I look at the that and the timing just seems completely wrong in my head for some reason. Then you showed it next to Glass and now I'm just like WTFing. Maybe it's the audio de-sync.

So the sprite itself looks pretty cool, things I notice is that the legs look a bit TOO thin, though maybe adding a pixel would make them look too big so idk if you can fix it. Also there seems to be some weird shading under her right shoulder, it looks a bit too dark IMO.

Yeah don't the timings seem faster than you think they're supposed to be? Then you look at it in the original and its like "wait nope, that is how it is" O_o. When I got the script most of the frames went no longer than an amount of 3 with some exceptions in the crit. Quite a contrast to my custom animation, which mostly had timings hovering in the 3-6 range. Which makes me think maybe I should speed that one up...

I went to the standing pose and added some lighter shade to the shoulder (gives a better contour) under the hair and did add a pixel or two to the back leg, I think it looks better like you suggested.

#54 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:26 PM

yeah the return anim for the female merc sprite or whatever did feel a bit faster but I think sometimes we just analyze custom animations more than the original ones and it makes stuff feel weird or something... idk

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users