Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

My Sprites

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Drawing, Video Games ( mostly themed to anime ), Monologues, Story Writing, Originalism

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

user posted image
Nesier
My originally made portrait ( but no chibi, eyes and mouth frame ) coop with my sister and corrected by some beloved members at Serenes Forest.
user posted image
Ebilen
The promoted class of Swordsman. Wields sheathed sword to improve his defensive stance and offensive power.
user posted image
And some messed weapon icon. Still learning and getting the FE style to my brain.

Comment non-vulgar posts please.

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

Those are some cool sprites and weapon icons--my only very vague suggestion is to work on your basic shading. Make sure you aren't pillow-shading, for one, and perhaps reference existing weapon icons and battle sprites to get a sense for how they're shaded. For instance, your slashing frames on the battle animation don't look very sharp, and they aren't shaded in the normal "proper" FE style--it's tempting to just create a basic "layering" of the shades like you did but often times you'll see a lot more of the white with a little bit of the grey shade and very little of the 3rd greyish shade (and usually none of the darkest). It's hard to explain from an art perspective mainly because I'm not an artist but if you check out say, Lyn's slashing frames or other slashing frames I think it'll help you (compare the blurred slashing part to yours and how they're shaded differently).

EDIT: not trying to make it sound like you did awful or anything, sorry if it sounds that way. It looks good and I see some nice potential so I was just trying to help, haha. I hope you post more here! smile.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Drawing, Video Games ( mostly themed to anime ), Monologues, Story Writing, Originalism

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Dec 18 2013, 06:29 PM)
Those are some cool sprites and weapon icons--my only very vague suggestion is to work on your basic shading. Make sure you aren't pillow-shading, for one, and perhaps reference existing weapon icons and battle sprites to get a sense for how they're shaded. For instance, your slashing frames on the battle animation don't look very sharp, and they aren't shaded in the normal "proper" FE style--it's tempting to just create a basic "layering" of the shades like you did but often times you'll see a lot more of the white with a little bit of the grey shade and very little of the 3rd greyish shade (and usually none of the darkest). It's hard to explain from an art perspective mainly because I'm not an artist but if you check out say, Lyn's slashing frames or other slashing frames I think it'll help you (compare the blurred slashing part to yours and how they're shaded differently).

EDIT: not trying to make it sound like you did awful or anything, sorry if it sounds that way. It looks good and I see some nice potential so I was just trying to help, haha. I hope you post more here! smile.gif

Thanks for the heads up Blazer, I do need to work on my shading since I'm setting a longer FE game ( will be platformed on BwdYeti's FEXNA ) which is estimated to be 40+ chapters divided to... lets see, like 7 parts ( where one part needs a special condition in order to be unlocked ), many new classes, new weapons and weapon types and a unique storyline which expands and corrects the plot of FE6/7, FE8, and FE10 in an unofficial way ( like for example that Athos's mother is actually the creator of the dragons ) but still in working progress.

Class Lists for my hack:
https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Anyway, do not be afraid to cite errors. They helped me a lot! wink.gif
Will post more if I had something that is worthy of sharing.
Thanks again Blazer and also, advance Merry Christmas!

#4 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

The goldfishest memory ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

Ooooh. Definitely interesting what you did to the spritesheet, I like it.

d1e502f831c13190dd34a16b376298af%20-%20C

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA, HERE'S YOUR COMPLIMENTARY

DIAL-UP INTERNET AND OVERLY-POISONOUS ARACHNID

#5 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (Whitewolf8 @ Dec 19 2013, 06:02 AM)

Oh Whitewolf8! Didn't knew that you were a member here. Thanks for the comment, it is still unfinished. I already fixed the over 16 palette problem of the base frame you made.

#6 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

I took a quick look, and I'll agree with Blazer- it's very nice stuff so far, but the shading could use work. Your eyes on your portrait are quite impressive, though. Well done!

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#7 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Dec 19 2013, 09:27 AM)
I took a quick look, and I'll agree with Blazer- it's very nice stuff so far, but the shading could use work. Your eyes on your portrait are quite impressive, though. Well done!

Thanks! That is quite a compliment... I'm currently making another originally made portrait and I hope the shading won't be disappointing anymore. I will post first the line art of course.

#8 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:28 AM

Looking forward to seeing more of your work, josh. Seriously some good stuff.
user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#9 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:43 AM

In case you don't remember me I posted once on your SF topic

So basically what everyone else has said. I do really like your weapon icons, though I might be seeing them small for some reason. One question though, are those crossbows or are you doing a different take on bow and arrows?
Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#10 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

The goldfishest memory ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (joshuageorpe @ Dec 19 2013, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (Whitewolf8 @ Dec 19 2013, 06:02 AM)

Oh Whitewolf8! Didn't knew that you were a member here. Thanks for the comment, it is still unfinished. I already fixed the over 16 palette problem of the base frame you made.

Of course I'm here. Good luck on completing it, though.

d1e502f831c13190dd34a16b376298af%20-%20C

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA, HERE'S YOUR COMPLIMENTARY

DIAL-UP INTERNET AND OVERLY-POISONOUS ARACHNID

#11 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (Snow @ Dec 19 2013, 10:43 AM)
In case you don't remember me I posted once on your SF topic

So basically what everyone else has said. I do really like your weapon icons, though I might be seeing them small for some reason. One question though, are those crossbows or are you doing a different take on bow and arrows?

Oh, they are crossbows. They still need some works but stay tune once I get it good. smile.gif

#12 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

Update:

user posted image

Yuer's line art

Shaded the hair already:

user posted image

Completely done. Hope there is no problem with this one but feel free to cite any errors on shading and some other things.

user posted image

#13 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

Oh wow, I can tell it's already a little bit improved. I think the strands int he front (like, the bangs slightly to the left of her face) still look a little clumped up and pillowy, but I think part of this is the lineart itself; keep in mind that while it's solid lineart (I wouldn't dream of doing such nice drawing or spriting), you may need to make some small adjustments yet. In this csae, both strands appear to be the exact same length going at the exact same angle despite them being in different places, so it's a tiny bit awkward.

Also, I'd reference an existing Fire Emblem portrait for a tiny bit of help in terms of

- where the face meets the hair (I believe this is called the "hairline"... sarcasm not intended, I'm honestly not 100% sure because I'm a noob at terminology and only point out what I find a little bit odd haha)
- how much face the space takes in general
- where the features of the face are in general--I think they could be shifted a bit since FE portraits tend to have the eyes, nose, and mouth in certain areas, if that makes sense, and you might also need to shift the right-side of the face (like, where the ear is/below that) a little bit as well, and this kinda relates to the thing above since I think the face in general might need to be one pixel taller or something (unless you're going for some kind of position where her head is tilted down and thus she appears to have a smaller head, which is going to be very tough and require some unique shading, but that's up to you)

If I didn't make much sense no worries, I'm just an amateur so I don't expect to but if any of my words were of any help then I completed my mission XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#14 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Dec 22 2013, 09:09 PM)
Oh wow, I can tell it's already a little bit improved. I think the strands int he front (like, the bangs slightly to the left of her face) still look a little clumped up and pillowy, but I think part of this is the lineart itself; keep in mind that while it's solid lineart (I wouldn't dream of doing such nice drawing or spriting), you may need to make some small adjustments yet. In this csae, both strands appear to be the exact same length going at the exact same angle despite them being in different places, so it's a tiny bit awkward.

Also, I'd reference an existing Fire Emblem portrait for a tiny bit of help in terms of

- where the face meets the hair (I believe this is called the "hairline"... sarcasm not intended, I'm honestly not 100% sure because I'm a noob at terminology and only point out what I find a little bit odd haha)
- how much face the space takes in general
- where the features of the face are in general--I think they could be shifted a bit since FE portraits tend to have the eyes, nose, and mouth in certain areas, if that makes sense, and you might also need to shift the right-side of the face (like, where the ear is/below that) a little bit as well, and this kinda relates to the thing above since I think the face in general might need to be one pixel taller or something (unless you're going for some kind of position where her head is tilted down and thus she appears to have a smaller head, which is going to be very tough and require some unique shading, but that's up to you)

If I didn't make much sense no worries, I'm just an amateur so I don't expect to but if any of my words were of any help then I completed my mission XD

- Thank you for the comment Blazer. I will try to get the hair adjusted immediately.

- I did. laugh.gif

- I'm already working on adjusting her face so I can proceed to shading her skin.

- No worries Blazer, I always read posts like this in order to become more better.

Sorry for the late post! I'm busy making an animation for Eirika lord using Siglinde on foot.

#15 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

Chibi

For Nesier:

user posted image

Will post more if I can! smile.gif

#16 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

Looks good! I like how you made nice chibi eyes, some people try to make their own style of eyes but I think it's better to just copy the GBA games, haha.

The black-looking pixels at the bottom-right of the mini-portrait on the shoulder pad look a little odd though; could you perhaps clean up the outline or else remove the pixels without it looking weird? Since there's hardly any space to work with idk what'll look good but just having the one or two pixels there looks a little odd/it sticks out very slightly, maybe I'm being too nitpicky though so ultimately you gotta do what you think is best XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#17 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Dec 24 2013, 11:55 AM)
Looks good! I like how you made nice chibi eyes, some people try to make their own style of eyes but I think it's better to just copy the GBA games, haha.

The black-looking pixels at the bottom-right of the mini-portrait on the shoulder pad look a little odd though; could you perhaps clean up the outline or else remove the pixels without it looking weird? Since there's hardly any space to work with idk what'll look good but just having the one or two pixels there looks a little odd/it sticks out very slightly, maybe I'm being too nitpicky though so ultimately you gotta do what you think is best XD

Thank you Blazer! The pixels you see on the right shoulder pad are actually the shadow and the design. And the black line is the outline for the other design of the shoulder pad. I've been busy making the Eirika animation and Meyu's portrait.

#18 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

Here it is, Meyu's Portrait

Drafted
user posted image

Shaded The Hair and Face

user posted image

Completed

user posted image

#19 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

Base frames for the class animation I'm making.

First is Albus's class: Archsage

user posted image

Halberdier

user posted image

#20 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:27 AM

UPDATE for the Ebilen class animation sheet. Currently on magic sword animation.

user posted image

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users