Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Support conversations

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GyppyGirl2021

GyppyGirl2021

Urist Stukosbomrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

As someone who is planning on getting this game, I'd like to know how supports work. I heard they were one of the things added to the game (as part of it being a remake of Gaiden), but I don't really know anything else about them.

Urist Stukosbomrek, Herbalist cancels Drink: Interrupted by Hype.

Urist Stukosbomrek has gone stark raving mad!

#2 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:20 PM

So there are two types of supports in Shadows of Valentia. The first is just innate supports, if two characters who have an innate support are within range you get the bonus. These are generally pretty small but every bit helps. Next is are supports that can be leveled up, there's not too many of them but they come with support conversations and go from C to A. If the two characters are within 3 spaces (IIRC) from the enemy when defeating it you gain points towards the support. When you get enough you can activate the convo in battle to progress it. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#3 GyppyGirl2021

GyppyGirl2021

Urist Stukosbomrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:22 PM

So there are two types of supports in Shadows of Valentia. The first is just innate supports, if two characters who have an innate support are within range you get the bonus. These are generally pretty small but every bit helps. Next is are supports that can be leveled up, there's not too many of them but they come with support conversations and go from C to A. If the two characters are within 3 spaces (IIRC) from the enemy when defeating it you gain points towards the support. When you get enough you can activate the convo in battle to progress it. 

So in other words, the support conversation system works a bit more like classic FE games, as opposed to Awakening's support style?

Also, is there a limit to how many supports you can have on a character (not counting innate supports), or is that limit determined by who they can support with?

#4 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:56 PM

No limit on the amount of supports you can get. Conversation ones are very limited though, only around 1 for most characters.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#5 GyppyGirl2021

GyppyGirl2021

Urist Stukosbomrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

No limit on the amount of supports you can get. Conversation ones are very limited though, only around 1 for most characters.

Alright, I had a feeling it was like that. XD

Thanks for answering my questions!

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

really, it felt like there were more for quite a few

but maybe I'm wrong, oh well

it's nice that they added them, and I dig a low number of decent ones rather than them being all over the place in quality and style and such, though that's personal pref

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:43 AM

As long as the devs were going for quality over quantity, I'm fine with a lack of supports.

IUfb9Eg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users