Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

shameless promotion

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:59 PM

another quick little video to check how well the updated version of the NTR cfw recording thing works. pretty well now tbh. gonna be uploading videos of me and my freinds(maybe after MH generations comes out)playing 3ds games together. we're a pretty entertaining bunch on occasion. also if anyone has some gameplay they'd like to see feel free to request a video, you can probably find other people that do it better, but i figured i'd throw my name into the hat as well. bear in mind that for awhile i probably won't have any audio other than my voice, and possibly some music on these videos. still gotta work out the audio issue.

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:07 AM

oh wow, wait so this isn't using a 3DS capture card? it's using some custom firmware? this seems interesting. also is that a Stella Glow theme? that's pretty cool, I ended up not getting Stella Glow because I actually didn't want the day-1 edition bonuses (and there was no way to not get them without buying it digitally), but I'd like to get it eventually...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:40 PM

Yup it's the stella glow theme, and it is also not using a capture card of any kind.

Stella glow is pretty solid except for the obvious harem elements. The storytelling is actually alright, the dialogue isn't the best, but i usually wouldn't complain it, and the gameplay itself is top notch. It reminds me of tactics ogre with fleshed out characters. My only real complaint is that they tried to do this thing where all the witches have a complex of some kind (persona 4 style) and their inner world is based on that. Awesome premise, not so great execution. It's good enough at first, but starts to feel forced after awhile.

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:50 AM

ahh, I see. Well, I think I can tolerate it. stinks about some of that but eh, if the gameplay itself is as fun as it was in the demo then that's enough of a reason to put up with some of the weaker elements. I mean, I put up with fates, it can't be worse than that LOL

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:00 PM

None of the negative things are anywhere near obvious enough to bother thinking about them imo. They just aren't there for the most part(except the harem stuff which is literally a core element of the story, and wasn't that bad to begin with). Highly recommended to basically this entire website tbh.

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:34 AM

ahh ok, that's good to know. thanks again~

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:01 PM

really showcases just how boring i am when it's just me talking at a screen XD. oh well. everything went well with online play, so as far as i can tell the streaming doesn't interfere with anything on a noticeable level. some people reported that n3ds exclusives like xenoblade chronicles got slowed down to an unplayable level, but i haven't run into anything like that with the games that i've tested so far. oh yeah, better upload quality this time. i'm not gonna bother trying to render anything in 1080p since my laptop is locked to 1366x768(and can't even record at 1080p if i wanted to so it would just be 720p anyway) but hd is still good. i'm currently saving for a ~$2000 gaming rig that will be able to handle 4k resolutions, so maybe then i'll just go crazy with it. i think youtube actually has 4k options now though i can't remember.

#8 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:07 AM

woah, that does look pretty good. nice! and that sounds super expensive but hopefully it's worth it and doesn't become obsolete quickly haha.

and yeah YT can handle 4K videos but idk how practical they are haha, for me 1080p is pretty much satisfactory in most cases, anything more is like w/e, even if I can tell the difference and my internet can handle it I don't think I'd usually care enough unless it was something like, epic where I really wanted to see it in max quality

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#9 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:13 AM

really showcases just how boring i am when it's just me talking at a screen XD

*patpat*

When I don't have story to snark, I can grow pretty quiet and boring myself. I did a video on some old game and mostly all I did was complain because there was literally nothing else to comment on.

In your case, though, you're playing a very action-heavy game, and online at that. It's hard to stay interesting when you're having to focus your whole attention on what you're doing.

IUfb9Eg.png

#10 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

next video is planned and in the works(i gotta do a bit more with this one than the rest of them. i.e i actually have to do something =P). gonna be showcasing the beginnings of a mod i'm working on for Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX. basically i got tired of all the vocaloids and decided to replace them with real singers. i only have one song replaced so far, and it should be synced up properly, but i can't get the thing reinstalled in the normal way for whatever reason. should have it done by tonight though if everything works out.

Edit: fun stuff. the pc side of the streaming program i'm using crashes when i try to load up a song while playing project mirai. i don't know why it happens, or how to fix it so for now i guess i don't know how to move forward with this other than a crappy recording done with my phone. which i can't even really hold steady while still playing. guess i'll do something else tonight instead of that, but when i do get it worked out i'll definitely have that video up.

EditEdit: apparently my computer is just gonna tell me to piss off tonight, so i'll see what i can do about all this tomorrow. my video editing software is still not working properly despite having gone back to the settings where it did work just fine, so i'll be messing with this shit all afternoon tomorrow. decided on a hyrule warriors video btw. everything is recorded already so all i have to do is sync up the audio and render it, but i can't do either until my computer works properly again or i find another way to do it that doesn't involve a lot of annoyances. 

#11 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:40 PM

more shameless self promotion with terrible production quality.

monster hunter generations demo gameplay. unfortunately i was too lazy to deal with the sound this time, and i didn't watch the video on youtube, so it may have turned out super quiet. there's also like 3 minutes somewhere in the middle where i forgot i was recording and didn't speak at all. however i did record, and render at 1080p this time, so you know. maybe it looks ok.

#12 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:49 AM

*patpat* I have an awful time making my voice audible in my LP's. Whether or not it's my cheapo microphone not really wanting to pick up my somewhat masculine voice is another factor altogether.

Your voice is a lot deeper than I expected. Then again, so was mine, haha.

IUfb9Eg.png

#13 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:40 AM

Haha yeah my voice is fairly deep I guess. Funny thing is I can make myself sound like I did in middle school too without much trouble. I've been trying(and failing) for years to be a decent singer, but I just can't hit high notes without switching into falsetto, and my falsetto is awful =p

#14 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:43 PM

^ I can't go into high notes either. Granted, I can probably go higher than you because I'm female (and people tell me I have a feminine voice although I don't hear it lol) but if I'm singing along to a female singer and she decides to start going high-pitched, my voice just...drops out. lol

People tell me I'm a great singer, but what you hear of your voice = / = what other people hear so it's hard for you to judge yourself.  I don't really care if my voice is great at singing, anyway. I just like doing it.

It's easy to forget that you're recording, IMO. Sometimes I'll just kind of drop out, too. Mostly during gameplay elements. My biggest problem though is not pacing my A button presses so that other people can read what's being said. I'm a faster reader than most, it seems. Doesn't seem like too much of a problem in monster hunter, though. That's like, 90% gameplay, 10% story. XD

IUfb9Eg.png

#15 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:11 PM

wooop another video. this one i think is slightly better than the rest? maybe? could just be me. idk when i played it back i didn't sound quite as awkward as usual imo, so that's a thing. i'm up for taking suggestions if you want to see a specific game. i've got quite the library of 3ds games, so it's reasonably possible that i'll have one you'd want to see. i'll have to count to be sure, but it's upwards of 60 games(between digital and physical)

Edit: oh yeah, this one i decided to render in full HD because it's pretty short. doesn't take up a whole lot of space on the hard drive 

#16 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:31 PM

a... romhack? huh. also are a lot of those games pirated, if I may ask? just curious. regardless 60 games is a lot. I think you might even have more than me. I apparently have about 37 physical 3DS games and I probably have a good 40 digital ones... ehh ok I have a bit more, especially if you include all the Japanese games and versions of Fates... it's probably more like 70-80... dang I waste so much money on video games lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#17 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:37 PM

nah i think i have 3 pirated games on my 3ds. like i've said before i pirate games to try them. if i don't like it i get rid of it. if i do i buy them. the exception atm is two games i have yet to uninstall, and one which i plan to buy, but haven't yet purchased

Edit: on another note i just got a decent headset for dirt cheap, so hopefully my voice will be a bit more clear in future videos : )

#18 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:00 PM

So, did you figure out what was wrong, and got it to working?

IUfb9Eg.png

#19 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:33 PM

Basically yeah. I don't really know what's causing it still, but I got it quiet enough that you can't hear it on recordings.

#20 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:14 AM

LP's are not quite as easy as they seem, haha. All the troubles with mics, hardware, software, bad video game luck... It would help if I had some kind of decent video editing program and knowledge of how to actually use the darn things, but eh.

IUfb9Eg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users