Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Favorite Season?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:52 PM

Simple thread: what's your favorite season, of the four? Also, any preferences between calling that one season "Fall" or "Autumn"? (And if you have a reason... why?)

Personally I like the period right before the middle of summer and right before fall, because it's nice and warm but I don't have to worry about things like annoying bugs and stuff or suuuuuper hot temperatures. I can't stand winter though... I do anyway... it's a pain to drive in, a lot of work, unpredictable, unsafe, cold, etc., it's just not fun and I like to dress lightly, not heavily, and for those same reasons I pretty much don't like any temperatures underneath 60 degrees. My ideal temperature is like 70-72 degrees but I can tolerate + or - 5 degrees, usually, provided I'm not playing sports (playing sports in about 67 degrees is great, 77 degrees would feel super hot).

So how about everyone else~

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:05 AM

In case it wasn't frikin' obvious...

Winter (so when you guys are in summer AKA in a few weeks), I've always prefered being too cold to being too warm, and here you don't really get a nice middle ground. I also like wearing winter clothes a lot more, plus all the best food is eaten during winter. My favorite weather conditions are also more likely to happen in the winter, rain and snow, even though hardly those hardly even happen in Santiago, so that sucks. Temperature wise, I mostly feel cold in the spring and fall when the temperature drops/shifts at night, so the cold doesn't bother me as much as it does most people, also it feels really nice to cuddle up on the couch when it's cold outside. 

So basically the complete opposite of Blazer.

EDIT: By best food I meant that, at least in my house, my parents like to eat/cook things that go with the season. So lighter, fresher things in the summer and spring, heavier, more flavorful and IMO tastier things in the winter/fall.

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#3 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:20 AM

Winter master race.

Don't know what Snow means by the best food being during winter though. Does he like exclusively eat things made from local crops or something.

I despise sweating. And I get to wear thicker clothes/layers of clothes without intentionally turning the AC down to something really low just to wear them. And I can actually comfortably fall asleep instead of flailing around shirtless trying to cool my back. Dead trees, longer nights, and cloudy skies accompanied by snowflakes make the best scenery and outdoor environments(not that I get to see this in person most of the time, which is part of why I hate going outside as much as I do.)

There were other things but that's in the past.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#4 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:16 AM

Join us in our love of the winter blazer.

Basically I just can't stand anything over like 75°. I've always been like that, but recently I have an actual reason. It gets hard for me to breathe when it's hot. which sucks because I'm in Texas. Triple digits in the summer :(

#5 JuneoftheMearkat

JuneoftheMearkat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:O_O, waaaay too many to say

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:02 AM

Autumn is my favorite season, though Winter is a close second. Up in Vermont the colors of the maple leaves are fairly famous (I always gripe about the tourists blocking the roads to look at trees, but they really ARE very pretty), and its always around the perfect temperature, not too hot or cold (40s to late 60s imo). Autumn also has a lot of my favorite clothing styles, summer clothes aren't my favorite :/ (and I can never find anything). In general when I have to choose I always pick cold over hot weather, I don't handle the heat well at all (can't even sleep sometimes, I get so overwhelmed by the humidity).

It's cool how people adapt to weather depending on where they live the majority of the time. Their perceptions change too of the season. Both my boyfriend and my other roommate are from the south and they LOVE spring season, which is apparently the nicest down in Texas/Louisiana. However, I've always hated spring in Vermont since its just awful; muggy and rainy and creates huge chasms of mud that are a nightmare to drive in, not pleasant at all XD. In reverse, their autumns are like my spring, which creates some interesting debates between us.

#6 Generic soldier

Generic soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:" Everything I feel is in this sword" (Blazer)

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:10 AM

Summer because I love walking outside, and just enjoying nature. I love when all the bugs come out also, and the flowers are beautiful. It's also the ideal weather for me to play sports with my freinds in, and I don't have to worry about snow, or clearing frost off of my car. 

#7 bluewyvern4

bluewyvern4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:39 AM

Autumn is usually pretty cool (i mean literally ofc)

Autumn>Winter>Spring>Summer

#8 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:08 AM

My favorite season is Fall, followed closely by Winter. Then Spring and lastly Summer. I despise hot weather. That's why I have a fan in my room during summer, and an AC. The cold has never really bothered me. My cousin and I can both walk around after it snowed in shorts and a t-shirt just fine.

#9 Candy

Candy

Bishoujo Senshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:35 AM

Summer because I love walking outside, and just enjoying nature. I love when all the bugs come out also, and the flowers are beautiful. It's also the ideal weather for me to play sports with my freinds in, and I don't have to worry about snow, or clearing frost off of my car. 

yo, seconded with summer. 

Ours summers here are brilliantly warm (or stankin' hot 40 degrees C outside anyone???) and it feels good to be in the sun (without getting burnt) and just be outside and the air is so fresh and I am a beach child love love love the water on a hot day wheeeee

#10 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:53 PM

I like spring and fall about equally. Spring is nice and uplifting with nature doing the whole renewal thing, and I generally start feeling very positive and energetic once spring arrives. The weather is also just about perfect imo. Fall shares spring's weather with the bonus of being less rainy, and nature takes on a beautiful, almost melancholy appearance as leaves begin to die and vibrant greens are replaced with dull browns. It would almost be a bit of a downer if it wasn't so nice-looking, but it's fine, and there seems to be a lot of fun things to do around that time of year (state fairs, going back to school, Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc) which also helps. Summer is nice but too hot, and winter is okay because it's an excuse to wear my jacket 24/7, but walking around can get obnoxious in three feet of snow.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#11 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:53 PM

I love a lot of seasons but it generally comes down to my mood. Winter can be so beautiful with snow gently falling down. As long as it's not freezing cold with chill winds, I generally don't mind too much. Snow is also super soft and fun to play with. 

My favorite season is either moreso whatever leads to like mid 60s weather where it's not too hot and not cold either, light gentle air going by, so something like early spring (depending lolOhio) and early Fall (before it gets too cold). It's perfect weather to do anything really. Sports, walking, chilling with friends, you name it. 

Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#12 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:37 AM

Honestly depends on the country. Spain - Spring. The blossom starts coming out, everything looks verdant and lush, it's hot but not oppressive...lovely.

England though? Summer - best chance of seeing the Sun and it not pouring down.

#13 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:22 PM

Honestly depends on the country. Spain - Spring. The blossom starts coming out, everything looks verdant and lush, it's hot but not oppressive...lovely.

England though? Summer - best chance of seeing the Sun and it not pouring down.

ha. not the typical answer. guess since I've lived in Cleveland most of my life I just sort of default to talking about what the seasons here are like and it's similar for most people (they talk about wherever they're used to living). it's true that seasons vary based on location so :o guess if you've lived in multiple places both for solid, memorable amounts of time...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#14 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:35 AM

I hate all the seasons. Summer is too hot. Winter is too cold. And Spring and Autumn have too many bugs and cause my allergies to hit me like a truck.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:57 AM

I hate all the seasons. Summer is too hot. Winter is too cold. And Spring and Autumn have too many bugs and cause my allergies to hit me like a truck.

I was actually discussing this a bit with my family and realized I have problems with pretty much every season and only like certain days in the transition periods to and away from summer, really. If nothing else, summer is at least consistently annoying than winter, where I'm pretty much constantly reminded of how cold it is and even going into the garage is inconvenient due to how cold it is. also, my room doesn't seem to get proper heating/AC so it can be hard to sleep if it's too cold or too hot (my heater/fan can be annoying if it's running all the time and it only does so much anyhow)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:33 PM

Well... Bolivia barely has proper seasons, the weather just does whatever the heck it wants to. But, going by a country that has some normal seasonal weather shifts: Winter. I've always preferred cold over hot weather. You can keep adding more clothes to yourself, but you can't exactly do the reverse... Also, I just like cold for some reason. I dunno, whatever. Winter. That's all there is to it. I'm going to stop typing now.

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#17 Fujisaki

Fujisaki

Tipping the scales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:video games
    tumblr
    art

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:10 PM

Dust season.
It's really a thing.

Joke aside, Autumn/Fall

1. Halloween (I have officially outgrown it...but I still get to dress up.)
2. My birthday (Turning 21 this year. Officially old man...)
3. It's not hot as hell

I dunno. It just is.
“My lady, I may never take my eyes off you again! ...Unless I'm about to run into a wall.”
"Have we chanced upon the forbidden sanctuary of the bikini tribe?!"

#18 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:19 PM

Officially old man...)

You heard it here first guys. Falaflame was actually gay. Or bi.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#19 Candy

Candy

Bishoujo Senshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:02 AM

I'm going to complain about our current weather here - it's so windy and cold outside and was storming all night, then this morning when I went outside to go to work there's rubbish everywhere because it was also bin day but winter weather don agree with rubbish day. It's also cold, but I bet you guys have experienced colder but you know, Australia n stuff.

#20 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:26 PM

Well... Bolivia barely has proper seasons, the weather just does whatever the heck it wants to. But, going by a country that has some normal seasonal weather shifts: Winter. I've always preferred cold over hot weather. You can keep adding more clothes to yourself, but you can't exactly do the reverse... Also, I just like cold for some reason. I dunno, whatever. Winter. That's all there is to it. I'm going to stop typing now.

lol it seems like that's some of the more common logic for liking winter. Personally it rarely gets so hot that just wearing my current clothes is a problem, so I guess that's why I don't really mind. plus I can always just be lazy/spoiled and turn on the air conditioning or eat ice cream or something, haha. I'll admit that 90 degree weather is PRETTY dang bad though. but like, so is -10 degree weather, the other extreme... >_< I JUST DON'T LIKE EXTREME WEATHER OKAY

You heard it here first guys. Falaflame was actually gay. Or bi.

well then

I'm going to complain about our current weather here - it's so windy and cold outside and was storming all night, then this morning when I went outside to go to work there's rubbish everywhere because it was also bin day but winter weather don agree with rubbish day. It's also cold, but I bet you guys have experienced colder but you know, Australia n stuff.

that's a shame, and yeah there are some cases where the rubbish spills out into places it shouldn't, lol.

and for me it's not truly cold until it hits below 0 degrees fahrenheit (a decent bit colder than 0 degrees celcius, btw--I think in Celcius that's around -17 degrees), so yeah, different standards probably lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users