Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

How do I use WAV2GBA?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hope

Hope

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:36 PM

Hi, new member here. I'll probably ask more questions from time to time.

Topic.

I've searched this forum and even on google and never got any results. Doesn't help that WAV2GBA has no documentation, and DarkFader seems ded ;-;

Maybe the real question that I am asking is, how do I use that exported WaveData format? I've already converted to 2 channels, so yeah.

Just for giggles I just tried replacing the main theme of FE7 with the data in the first channel but that just brought upon a terrifying creepypasta-like-rom.

(edit; oh whoah wow how did my avatar already pop up here???)

#2 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:42 PM

I'll play around with it a bit when I get off work. Never used it before, so it may take me a day or two to help you out though.

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:35 AM

I don't know your avatar but IIRC the version I use (may or may not be the same as yours but DarkFader sounds familiar... then again it somehow doesn't sound right) just exports the RAW data

you then need to create a custom instrument map in hex with that raw data as the "sample" for that instrument

and then create a track that plays that note once at full volume

and then create a song table that has that track and instrument map

and then play that sound in-game using an event code or whatever you want (or you could replace an existing sound effect)

sadly I don't remember the specifics off the top of my head (in terms of what hex to put and how to do it) and I'm not sure how much hacking you know, IIRC it's not a low-level thing. If possible I would suggest looking into a program called Sappy--there should be a version somewhere with a bugfix to let you use it on newer OS's, I think it's called Sappy mod 15 or something. Try googling it. I think it has the option to insert custom WAVs/sounds or something so I would look into that.

If not, I can try looking into the insertion method for you or you could try looking/asking elsewhere; I don't mod myself anymore and there aren't many around here who do/have much knowledge so we probably can't be too much help, sadly. Hacking has died down a ton compared to the old days.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 Hope

Hope

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:09 AM

I'll just try doing all that hex stuff.

The reason that I wasn't using sappy was because the Sappy mod just does NOT work. Ever. Across all PCs I have used. Throws out a missing dll or whatever error, and if i fix that something else pops up. The original sappy just doesn't have what I need.

The song in question isn't an MIDI, and I have no other way to extract it unless I wanna spend like a week picking the music out after using MP3 to MIDI lol

So, I might give the hexing a try when I got the time. Thanks!

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:38 AM

"sappy mod" followed by "original sappy". are you sure you're using http://www.feshrine....showtopic=4393?also see http://pokemonhacker...ista-7-8&page=2

regardless, I can't hold your hand so you'll need to walk with your own two feet, but here are some basic instructions:

- TLP has custom sound effects and the like. you can patch an FE7 ROM with it and check out this:

D10000 - Swarm Sound Effect - 0xD14A00 - 0xD14A20 - 0xD14A40 - 0x17A

first offset = where the data from WAV2GBA is. The one I use is by an old friend named Atrius. I don't think he minds me sharing so here is the download link. IIRC you just drag the file onto the program and it should work, but make sure it's formatted properly and some sounds may just not work, idk. (Try playing with the audio; I can't really help you here, you need to have experience with different audio formats or have other knowledge to be able to fix any issues in the data that could make it not work.)

note that this is raw WAV data and will take up a ton of space. so be ready. also there's a byte somewhere towards the beginning which controls whether the sound loops (maybe it's 3C or 40 or FF or something, I don't know, you're on your own there), if it loops and you don't want it to try to find which byte towards the beginning of the raw audio data to 00 out.

second offset = instrument map data, points to the raw audio/sample data we just inserted above

e.g. in TLP it's 00 3C 00 00 00 00 D1 08 FF 00 FF 00 00 00 00 00

I'm not going to break down the data because A) I don't remember the details and B) there's not much point, but the offset is "00 00 D1 08" backwards or "08D10000" (with the usual 08 thing being the reference to memory bla bla, you should know this or else you probably shouldn't be trying to do something advanced like music and/or sound insertion)

After that is track data. Again I'm not going to break down what each byte does (if you're paying attention you may notice the creator is from http://goldensunhacking.net/and you could do a search on that forum to find more info, but I won't help you there nor do I suggest you bother the creator--people are busy and the information is already out there, so you should be able to find it on your own).

Anyway this basically just plays a track of one note with your sample, and it can be c/p'd IIRC (meaning it's the same for all sound effects... again, if I remember correctly). BE 7F BC 00 BB 01 BD 00 CF 3C 7F B0 B1 00 00 00

After that is the actual track table or whatever you want to call it

01 00 14 00 00 4A D1 08 20 4A D1 08 00 00 00 00

1 track, 14 is... I don't remember, next is the offset of the instrument map to use (0xD14A00), after that are all the tracks (we only have one at 0xD14A20 so there's a pointer to that and then a set of 00's to end the data)

then just point to the offset you put the song/track table/header/whatever at using a module or something (e.g. the music array module or whatever it's called--man it's been forever since I've done or even talked about serious hacking stuff lol) and then play it. I put mine at 0x17A apparently (I took notes for almost everything or it'd have totally gotten out of hand--hacking is huge and having notes saved me many times and is basically a necessity for any project), but unless you plan to dig through TLP or something I don't think that'll help you lol

That's it, it's actually not that hard IMO but if you don't have the basics down it might be hard, but I can't really help you

also, just saw this

The song in question isn't an MIDI, and I have no other way to extract it unless I wanna spend like a week picking the music out after using MP3 to MIDI lol

So, I might give the hexing a try when I got the time. Thanks!

umm, you really should NOT be trying to insert a WAV song into a GBA game. ever. hypocritical coming from someone who did it 3 times, I know, but I had extra space and did it for fun and did very shortened versions (like, < 30 seconds versions) at the cost of using a ton of space. it won't even sound that good and is really NOT a replacement for MIDIs, so that's a bad idea. if a song you want doesn't have a MIDI form already online that you can borrow, I really suggest either making it yourself, requesting someone to do it (you'll have better luck if you offer $$ of course), or not using the song.

in the end it's up to you but yeah, that just bothered me so I had to say something XP. either way good luck with whatever you do with the info I have posted~

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users