First of all, I hate my life. Why? Because I spent like 20 minutes or some stupid amount of time typing an awesome/witty post only for it to go down to the drain to some kind of finger error that somehow resulted in my leaving the page and losing my post.
Second of all, the tl;dr is at the bottom if you want to read that instead of my usual long post.
That aside. OK. New forums, new moderators. Old ones? Gone. Except those with special positions (Seraph, Shu and I; Seraph is really just an honorary staff member and isn't expected to do anything lol, Shu and I are admins and we'll mod if we see stuff but have other responsibilities, namely graphics and webmaster/administration stuff respectively).
Who are new mods?
Kirant: veteran, smart, trusted member/friend.
well, I trust him, but I can't say the opposite holds true... since I took his Cordelia icon and he probably will hate me until I return it to him (plz confirm/deny Kirant lolol).
Surprise: Cero. I know he seems like an immature little jerk but I think he can step up to the plate, he's just that kind of person. That being said I could say that about a lot of members, so let me also add that he is online frequently, contributes quite a bit, has been around for a while, and I can contact him easily. Also, he's helped out multiple times with FES stuff recently, such as administration stuff, giving critique, and heading up the FES Smash Tourney (with my supervision), which has taken a small load off of me and allowed me to focus on other, more important things (no offense but there are just some things that only I can really do and I legitimately appreciate every little bit of help I get... and I am very picky about my help/the quality of it so yeah).
Two important notes about the moderators:
- They are temporary. This technically goes for like, all mods, but what I really mean is... they're already treading on thin ice, or something. I'm pretty much not going to be very lenient in the sense that if they suddenly disappear for 2 weeks/fail to do their job when it's right there, I might reverse things. Granted. I seriously do not expect to, but in the past we have had people kind of not work out as moderators, and I think a lot of this has to do with the mentality of being a moderator and how it's kind of a volunteer job that few people actually like to do. It's kind of being like the police: you get a shiny badge and all but some people just inherently see you as the bad guy even when you're just trying to uphold the peace.
Though there ARE moderators/policemen and policewomen who are just straight up jerks too. Anyhow, I picked people who I thought wouldn't have this problem. They are both cool people and you should really treat them no differently than when they didn't have the shiny badge... especially because they don't even have a shiny badge yet #WorkingOnIt but at the same time, I don't want a long period where we effectively only have 1 moderator because all the other ones aren't actually here. That's all I really mean. If I need to, I will replace them, and that's that, it's no biggie, it's just a matter of making sure the forum actually has moderators. Maybe I can get bb to take his seat on the throne again
- They are both global mods. No more section mods. Feels unnecessary right now, especially given we have less forum clutter than before. I don't think it would be very productive or efficient to restrict moderators to certain areas. Instead, I want them to just moderate whatever posts they feel like visiting. Between two dedicated moderators and two admins, I think we should be capable of covering most of the forum and spotting any problems in a decent time-frame.
I think I had some other stuff to say but this is the second freaking time I typed up something about the new moderators so I'm pretty much at my wits' end. I need a freaking break. Farewell and don't forget to congratulate the new mods.
- New mods are Kirant and Cero
- Believe it
- Trust in the you that trusts in the me that trusts in them
- Willing to replace quickly in case it doesn't work out, nothing personal I just want mods actually on the forum (I don't think this will be a problem in the least/anytime soon though)
- Both global moderators, say bye-bye to section mods, at least for now
- As usual, Shu and I will support with moderating as we can/feel like it (Seraph is just staff in name due to his long history with the site)
- Congratulate the new mods
- Feel free to ask any question, make suggestions, rage, etc.