Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

The Great Ace Attorney (AA6)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:42 PM

So I know we have at least a few AA fans here... great series bla bla, so there's a new one coming to Japan and I think it's launching in July. It features like, Phoenix Wright's ancestor and Sherlock Holmes and some other names you should recognize. It's neat. Here are some recent details and screenshots on the game (though the translation is a bit weird IMO):

http://nintendoevery...ts-and-details/

Alsooo HAVE A VIDEO:

Objection isn't as epic if it isn't in English, I'm afraid /opinion

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:57 PM

I am waiting for this with quite a bit of excitement. Any word on localization?

Also, if the game were in Germany, I'd almost say that the grey-haired prosecutor was a descendant of Von Karma, but doesn't seem likely. (Obviously the Payne family survived...) Also, the jury system this game is introducing intrigues me, I wonder if you'll have to do certain actions to win over certain jurors, but said actions will make you lose the favor of another, or something, It sounded better in my head.

Anyhow, super excited to see what happens with this game! Also, Sherlock Holmes! 

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#3 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:42 PM

I had begun to think there wouldn't be any more info on this. Totally right though, the objection sounds better in English. Probably because it's a harsher word in English, makes it easier to sound epic.

#4 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:10 PM

Oh they finally put in a juror system. That's pretty sweet. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#5 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:43 AM

Oooh. Despite being behind on this series from not finishing Edgeworth 2 (that got fan translated), or playing either the fifth installment and the cross over with professor Layton, I'm looking forward to this (eventually). 

Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#6 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

The Layton crossover isn't great. Definitely play dual destinies though. The final case alone is worth it. Crazy stuff right at the end.

#7 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:42 PM

I WANT IT NOW.

Ugh.

@Oblivion Knight - Play AAI2; it's great.

#8 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

AAI2 I find to be on the level of trial and tribulations. It's really good.

Posted Image

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:11 PM

I am waiting for this with quite a bit of excitement. Any word on localization?

Also, if the game were in Germany, I'd almost say that the grey-haired prosecutor was a descendant of Von Karma, but doesn't seem likely. (Obviously the Payne family survived...) Also, the jury system this game is introducing intrigues me, I wonder if you'll have to do certain actions to win over certain jurors, but said actions will make you lose the favor of another, or something, It sounded better in my head.

Anyhow, super excited to see what happens with this game! Also, Sherlock Holmes! 

Not that I know of.

I think the game takes place in Japan, despite the people and such.Though you probably know that already. XP

I kinda get what you mean with the jurors thing, but I have a feeling it probably won't actually be that big of a deal, it'll just be a story element of sorts to sort of make things more interesting, kinda. I doubt it'll actually change the gameplay dynamic all that much.

I had begun to think there wouldn't be any more info on this. Totally right though, the objection sounds better in English. Probably because it's a harsher word in English, makes it easier to sound epic.

Haha yeah it had kinda been a while since we heard about it. And mhm, OBJECTION at full volume. Awesomeness. I'd do that thing in the DS games where you can use the mic to yell OBJECTION or TAKE THAT and it would activate it. It was silly but amusing. (My brother made fun of me for it, I think, wondering why I was yelling--I told him the truth... it was part of the game. Just like yelling into the mic in TWEWY.)

Oh they finally put in a juror system. That's pretty sweet. 

XP

Oooh. Despite being behind on this series from not finishing Edgeworth 2 (that got fan translated), or playing either the fifth installment and the cross over with professor Layton, I'm looking forward to this (eventually). 

Yeah I didn't enjoy AAI so I haven't played AII2 (gotta beat'm in order... that's what I want to do, anyway), and I was going to get the crossover but ended up not because reasons. Ugh, too many GAMES

The Layton crossover isn't great. Definitely play dual destinies though. The final case alone is worth it. Crazy stuff right at the end.

Hmm, well, as an AA fan, I'm still tempted to try it out anyway. And yeah, DD was great, especially at the end. I enjoyed it. It's hard to get another entry in the series like that right, but I think they did a pretty great job with it. I guess at least in my mind, it could have easily been a bad game--the ones before it were so great and had some great endings--but it wasn't.

I WANT IT NOW.

Ugh.

Right? Haha.

As for AAI2... what I said earlier. GOTTA BEAT AAI. Which isn't fun so I stopped (and well, again, too many games, no time, etc.). Stinks that the original is holding me back, but eh. I'm not a huge fan of Edgeworth or the investigation part as much, so. >_>

AAI2 I find to be on the level of trial and tribulations. It's really good.

*sighs and points to previous comment*

I have heard "BLA BLA PLAY IT PLAY IT IT'S SO GOOD" and it's just like nnnhh but AAI was so boring for me

err sorry I am not taking anything out on you

I am just kind of reflecting on how there's such a disparity between the games and how that is what is holding me back

and a few people in this one unrelated Skype chat were jerks about trying to get me to play the game or something, but screw them

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:42 AM

Yeah AAI was... alright. I can understand why you would be hesitant. Though AAI2 is such an improvement upon the first one it's not even funny. From the overall lesson Edgeworth learns to the character growth, it is very well done. Also if you don't care about failing you can call some a horrible human being during logic chess and that's fun.

On the topic of the juror system, I also find it won't change much in gameplay. I expect it to just be a reskinned penalty system and maybe have them all go guilty at points throughout the trial and then you have to sway them back with evidence. Though it will be a very nice surprise if they make something more dynamic of it. 

Posted Image

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:12 AM

On the topic of the juror system, I also find it won't change much in gameplay. I expect it to just be a reskinned penalty system and maybe have them all go guilty at points throughout the trial and then you have to sway them back with evidence. Though it will be a very nice surprise if they make something more dynamic of it. 

Yeah this is pretty much what I imagined. It's just going to be a way to show how the trial is going, and with some comments from specific people--maybe sometimes a specific juror will have some personality quirk and you'll have to specifically convince them/stop them from being stubborn. They probably would have put a tiny bit more emphasis on it, IMO, if it was more of a gameplay-affecting feature. That's just what I think though.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:19 AM

I absolutely loved AAI, it's probably one of my favourites.

The juror system probably won't be that drastic a move either, I agree.

#13 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:46 AM

I WANT IT NOW.

Ugh.

IIRC I stopped around the start of the final case for some reason. Life must've just picked up. 

My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

user posted image

#14 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:50 AM

Yeah, fair enough, that's how it tends to go.

All this AA talk makes me want to play one again. 

#15 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:53 AM

I almost got Dual destinies back when I could afford it despite virtual copies making me sad, but I heard it wasn't very good, like it held your hand and it wasn't as Ace Attorney-esque. Stuff like that. 

user posted image

#16 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:56 AM

I found it to be pretty good. Though it's a lot more streamlined than the other games.

Posted Image

#17 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:57 AM

It wasn't bad, I can see what you mean though - there's some handholding at times - and I don't know if you can fail the widget sections. I'm probably going to play that one again.

As it's the only one I have here.

#18 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:06 AM

I'll probably pick it up eventually when I can afford it. Really love this series a lot. 

user posted image

#19 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:52 PM

yeah the game was a tiny bit easier and held your hand a bit but in general it did feel slightly more modern/less annoying; the elements it took away could be considered more annoying elements/poor game-design but things that older players kinda liked/were used to. for me, AA games were often guess-and-check and I did find the investigation parts a tiny bit annoying, and this game removed that so I could enjoy it more while still forcing me to do work when it actually mattered and wasn't menial. so I guess as a guy who tends to lean more towards that sort of game design, I liked it. (I usually don't like doing tedious or menial things... like grinding)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#20 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:42 PM

New trailer out today. Doesn't show too much except a small glimpse at new investigation phase features and how you'll interact with the jury of six. I don't know Japanese all that well yet, so if there is something interesting someone can translate, please do. 

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users