Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Member Icons

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:16 PM

I'm not sure if we will be reusing the old ones or making new ones. If we are getting new icons I would like to request this image be used for mine.

Attached Files

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#2 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:35 PM

That face 

Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#3 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:54 AM

Is there a purpose to member icons when they aren't consistent? (I mean I guess there was Kirant's but that one is specifically a prize.)

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:54 AM

sorry has to be (insert size here)

but seriously we just don't have a system for member icons right now. Once we figure out a system, we'll do something. It doesn't help that I'm currently broke and don't know how to use this software very effectively. >_>

EDIT: how I want it to be is that anyone can choose any icon except special ones (e.g. my Luffy one or Shu's Zoro one). And they can choose on their own. That way it's a hands-off thing for the admins while giving users plenty of choices (without needing to ask admins to change it or requiring a lot of posts).

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:55 AM

Is there a purpose to member icons when they aren't consistent? (I mean I guess there was Kirant's but that one is specifically a prize.)

I believe I had the other one with both prizes being rewards for the scavenger hunt. 

My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

user posted image

#6 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:58 AM

Member Icons is really just more of a way to personalize your account and posts.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:46 PM

^

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

So everyone, update on the member icons

I can do them

maybe

but it's going to be pretty difficult

sadly it requires custom code and in a way that I'm not familiar with in a language I'm not that familiar with (I've studied a bit of PHP but not much, it was a while ago, and I have very little practice with it).

I don't want to force myself to try to finish this and take a hit somewhere else in my life, so as a result, I will be doing this sometime in the next few weeks whenever I have time and feel like it. In the mean time, we'll be going without a member icon system (normal members just won't have them until the system is up, sorry; in my defense, this system is really just for you guys as it will allow you to choose from a bunch of icons, whereas us staff and such already have ours decided, so yeah).

That's it for now. I'm closing up shop and moving on to other things as I've spent a lot of time on FES lately. Sorry~

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#9 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:27 AM

Totally understandable. Here's hoping we're all still active when it comes time to new icons.

user posted image

#10 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:33 PM

I've been without an icon since 2012, I think you guys can manage a few weeks

Sounds good, this is low priority stuff anyway. I wish I knew more of PHP to lend a hand in general, but such is life. Good luck!

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:04 PM

Totally understandable. Here's hoping we're all still active when it comes time to new icons.

thanks~ I'm doing as much as I can to prevent that. let's not combat negative thoughts but think happy ones, instead, like "I can't wait until we have 30 regular-visiting/posting members a day!

I've been without an icon since 2012, I think you guys can manage a few weeks

Sounds good, this is low priority stuff anyway. I wish I knew more of PHP to lend a hand in general, but such is life. Good luck!

that's true, and I can't even remember why. I think you had a dumb icon or something. or you weren't even supposed to have an icon. idr, but clearly you deserved it *shot*

>< well, I appreciate the thought/good luck wish, hopefully I have some time to sit down and first and foremost learn more about PHP and how the templates work so I can actually do what I need to... <_<

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:08 AM

Y-you mean I'm stuck with this Raven one? :(

Ah well.  It's not like I didn't save my old one at least.

Wish I could help out too though...I tried editing some PHP code once for my simulation league and all I managed to do is change a variable (that is, adjust one constant to another).  Anything beyond that is impossible for me.

...Wait.  This is starting to bug me.  I've learned Python, C++, the C based MATLAB, English, Chinese, Japanese, and parts of French (though much of the last 2 I've forgotten)...and I'm STILL PHP illiterate?

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#13 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:16 AM

^And I'm stuck with Tibarney Gumble - life is cruel xD

#14 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:23 AM

I distinctly remember Shu was to make me a Janaff custom member icon for some reason or another.

Until I receive it I shall not post again. He lied.

QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#15 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:23 AM

thanks~ I'm doing as much as I can to prevent that. let's not combat negative thoughts but think happy ones, instead, like "I can't wait until we have 30 regular-visiting/posting members a day!

that's true, and I can't even remember why. I think you had a dumb icon or something. or you weren't even supposed to have an icon. idr, but clearly you deserved it *shot*

>< well, I appreciate the thought/good luck wish, hopefully I have some time to sit down and first and foremost learn more about PHP and how the templates work so I can actually do what I need to... <_<

If we can't last that long, we probably don't deserve to have member icons in the first place. 

First icon was Neph after that Browns bet with you that they'd win. Second one was uhh winning second place in the second scavenger hunt, if memory serves. 

user posted image

#16 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:08 PM

I just realized that the Raven and Sothe icons are done in Shu's older style compared to the other member icons. lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#17 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

Some of us have icons now, I see. Also, I guess Kirant's a global mod? Congrats on your promotion!

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#18 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:48 PM

I just realized that the Raven and Sothe icons are done in Shu's older style compared to the other member icons. lol.

I was going to get a new one, but I retired just as they were asking me. Should've stayed xD

#19 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:41 PM

I was going to get a new one, but I retired just as they were asking me. Should've stayed xD

Come out of retirement multiple times, ala Brett Farve.  I should probably not make a NA football joke towards people that don't follow NA football.

user posted image

#20 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:46 PM

Y-you mean I'm stuck with this Raven one? :(

Ah well.  It's not like I didn't save my old one at least.

Wish I could help out too though...I tried editing some PHP code once for my simulation league and all I managed to do is change a variable (that is, adjust one constant to another).  Anything beyond that is impossible for me.

...Wait.  This is starting to bug me.  I've learned Python, C++, the C based MATLAB, English, Chinese, Japanese, and parts of French (though much of the last 2 I've forgotten)...and I'm STILL PHP illiterate?

Meh kinda

I mean I guess I can just remove icons for pretty much everyone

and I have your old icon, but yeah first we need a system, then we can let people choose it... and said icon needs to say "Moderator" now

thanks for the thought at least... and hey learning languages is time-consuming, don't think anyone blames you XD

^And I'm stuck with Tibarney Gumble - life is cruel xD

._. guess I really should remove icons for everyone then lolol

I distinctly remember Shu was to make me a Janaff custom member icon for some reason or another.

Until I receive it I shall not post again. He lied.

is this an actual thing

Shu's been doing Shu things and hasn't done jack lately sooo yeah, but I'll tell him please continue to post though

If we can't last that long, we probably don't deserve to have member icons in the first place. 

First icon was Neph after that Browns bet with you that they'd win. Second one was uhh winning second place in the second scavenger hunt, if memory serves. 

uh you quoted some stuff I said that was directed to Smash

sooo yeah

tbh I don't remember anything having to do with your icons, Oblivion (no, me reading what you said didn't jog my memory)

ssshhh

Some of us have icons now, I see. Also, I guess Kirant's a global mod? Congrats on your promotion!

no no no, you misunderstand. only special groups have icons. some people are in a group that is pretty much all to themselves so that is why they happen to have icons. and I am about to just remove those until the system is done anyhow

and Kirant hasn't been officially promoted/this isn't the place to put that/you weren't supposed to notice yet lol

shoulda coulda woulda

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users