Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Completed Games List 2015

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#41 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:22 AM

yeah not as many people had a problem with the battle system as me but I know some did

I mean it was still fun, just not as fun/a bit more restrictive, I think

also the focus on team-play because of linking was also meh (only OP Ludger can use mystic artes and such on his own)

anyway, here's what I've beaten:

Wii Sports Club, Wii U, April 10th, 2015
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., 3DS, April 12th, 2015

Comments:

- Not a very "beatable" game but not only have I played it on/off quite a bit but I had a showdown of sorts between my sister and me and I beat her at every sport (she is not that bad, she actually almost beat me in Tennis and I had to have a rematch to beat her in Baseball). I considered this good enough for having experienced the whole of the game (if I couldn't at least beat my sister, I clearly needed to play it more to gain more experience, was my logic) so yeah, I considered it "beat" after that.

- A new IP that IMO is underrated and under-appreciated. It's got a lot of game depth (it's more of a hardcore game to me) and though it has some annoyingly frustrating parts and... questionable game design decisions, I guess (don't ask what) it's generally a very interesting and deep game. There are also some GREAT musical tracks in this (and I'll admit the main theme is the tiniest bit catchy). The story is pretty basic and pretty much just there to make things go along with some reason: it just barely kept me invested enough, but not that much (though the ending was cool). I will say that the final boss was a bit disappointing, but overall it was a fun game and I enjoyed it, including the Fire Emblem cameos (though I haven't gotten to try out Lucina or Robin since they aren't out yet). (SPOILERS WARNING) We might see a sequel (based on the ending) which would be interesting but despite the game being fun, deep, having some nice visuals/music, etc., I'm not sure if I'd pick up a sequel. We'll have to see if/when it comes out.

Anyway, overall it is an amusing, fun, and very unique game that I could recommend to fans of strategy or tactical-shooter games, I guess. It's not the best game ever but it's solid and maybe worthy of around an 80/100. At the very least, I am glad I played it and it was fun for me, so that's that. :P

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#42 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:56 PM

questionable game design decisions

I'm intrigued, any specific examples?

QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#43 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:49 PM

come on Seraph I speficially said not to ask what

you troll

like, I dunno what, it just sometimes felt like B.S. I guess

some weapons are really inaccurate but there's no inherent measure of that in the game, you just have to kind of figure that out on your own

it feels like some enemies can use overwatch like, infinitely/near-infinitely, which is stupid. they can easily wreck you.

some of the special attacks are near useless because their range sucks (it's difficult to get close to a lot of enemies, especially later on, to actually use certain abilities--especially with enemies using overwatch against you)

the game feels like you HAVE to use the save + restore-all part of the save things a LOT unless you're pro because often times you don't have time to heal or your squad is split-up (so only one side has a healer), and with turn limits and other stuff... yeah

it doesn't teach you the deeper elements of the mechanics very well, if at all

and there's probably other small things but I can't remember them very well

and despite all those things it IS a very polished game, but I think a game this deep needs even more tweaks/polish, sadly; it's easier to execute something simple really well than it is to execute something complicated really well, and this leans more towards complicated, I think, due to some of the nuances of the game

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#44 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:54 PM

100% Orange Juice, Steam, April 14th, 2015

ugh this game is so dumb screw this game it is full of B.S... I know board games/board-type video games are like this, but man I hate RNG so much sometimes

and apparently on harder difficulties the game just gives you worse RNG/luck, WHAT IS UP WITH THAT, there is only so "good" you can be in this game, skill-wise, so it's rather upsetting >____>;

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#45 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:43 PM

AHAH You also own 100% RNG?

Seriously man, screw that game, i played it while watching stuff because I just clicked my mouse and prayed the dice rolls were kind

QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#46 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:58 PM

yeah Voffie/Cero kinda made me get it or something (I can't remember what happened but I pretty much bought it because of them)

took me a while to actually get to it but I did and I had an episode or two of complete absolute rage

over freaking dumb anime-esque chibi characters UGHHHHHHHHH *explodes*

yeah I learned about fast mode/pressing shift to speed it up 3x, once I did that the game become tolerable because it went waaaay faster and I could retry quicker if I got poor luck... before I learned about that I spent a looong time waiting and so when I lost it was like "welp, there goes all that work"--and I had to do other stuff in between turns since they took several seconds and I didn't want to stare at the CPUs while waiting (while also watching out for me being attacked or something)... games are more effectively played when focused on instead of me doing what I was doing and also playing MH4U anyway >>;

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#47 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:22 AM

I did the stupidest thing ever and spent all my money unlocking the stupid Duck, thinking, that if the Duck is playable they'll buff his stats a bit...

Nope, the duck is just as bad as a playable character as an enemy, and gets wrecked in every single fight.

In fact, screw that game!

QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#48 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:30 AM

You need to play with us now. Chicken best character. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#49 Mariofan20

Mariofan20

Table Flipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Video Games and becoming one of the best Puyo Puyo players.

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:56 PM

100% Orange Juice is the new Mario Party.

Anyway here is an update from me.

- Super Mario World, SNES/Wii U Virtual console, April 13th

- Donkey Kong Country 3 Dixie's Double Trouble, SNES/Wii U Virtual Console, April 15th

Commentary (By order)

- Just playing this 24 year old game just brings back a lot of fond memories back when I was 6. I always have came back to this game just to beat it 96% 100% or not over these 15 years. Going back to games like these always makes me have nostalgia feelings.

- This might just be me I know some people like this game the most out of the trilogy but the more I play it the more I realize why I don't like it as much as Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2. There is a couple of reasons why I don't like it but I am not gonna get into it as I am gonna save that for when I Let's Play the game which is not too far now.

#50 Lucia

Lucia

FES's Kinkiest Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, Music, Gaming, Art, Graphic Design

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:17 PM

I think I've been on a rather okay roll this year as far as game completion is concerned..! I'm still having problems with actually finishing them, but I'm at least trying my best to make sure I get through my backlog with no injuries!

So far this year I've completed:

Ratchet and Clank HD Collection (PS3)

Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS3)

Bloodborne (PS4)

Samurai Warriors 4 (PS4)

Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii)

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (WiiU)

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (WiiU)

Demon Gaze (Vita)

Tales of Hearts R (Vita)

Etrian Odyssey IV (3DS)

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

I think that's a pretty good list, for only being a third into the year! I hope the list grows! And hopefully Bloodborne doesn't appear on the list about 20 times. Haha~

user posted image
made me promise to never tell but you know me, i can't help myself

#51 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:19 PM

I think I've been on a rather okay roll this year as far as game completion is concerned..! I'm still having problems with actually finishing them, but I'm at least trying my best to make sure I get through my backlog with no injuries!

So far this year I've completed:

Ratchet and Clank HD Collection (PS3)

Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS3)

Bloodborne (PS4)

Samurai Warriors 4 (PS4)

Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii)

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (WiiU)

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (WiiU)

Demon Gaze (Vita)

Tales of Hearts R (Vita)

Etrian Odyssey IV (3DS)

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

I think that's a pretty good list, for only being a third into the year! I hope the list grows! And hopefully Bloodborne doesn't appear on the list about 20 times. Haha~

Ooh, that is indeed a nice list of games! What did you think of RE:R2? Want to get it eventually (time/money permitting).

Rhythm Heaven and Kirby :D don't know many RH players or fans and I legit don't know anyone who played Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, which I actually enjoyed a lot!

Funny enough I have played, am in the middle of a playthrough, or would like to do a playthrough of pretty much all those games, so it seems like we have similar video game tastes, haha. Now if only I could actually make serious progres... >_>;

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#52 Lucia

Lucia

FES's Kinkiest Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:31 PM

Ooh, that is indeed a nice list of games! What did you think of RE:R2? Want to get it eventually (time/money permitting).

Rhythm Heaven and Kirby :D don't know many RH players or fans and I legit don't know anyone who played Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, which I actually enjoyed a lot!

Funny enough I have played, am in the middle of a playthrough, or would like to do a playthrough of pretty much all those games, so it seems like we have similar video game tastes, haha. Now if only I could actually make serious progres... >_>;

Resident Evil Revelations 2 was pretty good! I hope to play more Raid Mode since I loved it in the first and it's improved in the second game. I had a lot of fun with it! It's just as cheesy as you would expect and that improves the quality of it, really. Haha.

YEAH! I love the Rhythm Heaven series. I hope the 3DS one is brought to the west so I can play it! Even if it is really a 'best of' collection of the previous games. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse I enjoyed a lot as well. It was hard to get a handle on it at first and the bosses were kinda frustrated until you got the pattern down, but all in all, it was really rad!

Nice! I have no problem sharing video game tips or helping you out if you need a hand in something! I just really love playing video games. <:

I hope to have Axiom Verge finished off sometime soon but I'm just so lost in it. It's actually rather refreshing!

user posted image

#53 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:31 AM

Resident Evil Revelations 2 was pretty good! I hope to play more Raid Mode since I loved it in the first and it's improved in the second game. I had a lot of fun with it! It's just as cheesy as you would expect and that improves the quality of it, really. Haha.

YEAH! I love the Rhythm Heaven series. I hope the 3DS one is brought to the west so I can play it! Even if it is really a 'best of' collection of the previous games. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse I enjoyed a lot as well. It was hard to get a handle on it at first and the bosses were kinda frustrated until you got the pattern down, but all in all, it was really rad!

ahaha yeah I guess RE games are kind of cheesy :P

Ditto on RH for 3DS, we've gotten the last two but I don't think sales were great (esp. for the Wii one) so I'm not sure if we'll get it. We can only hope. And for what it's worth it has some new games too so I think it'll be pretty fun overall.

I pretty much agree on the Kirby comments too, not a masterpiece experience from start to finish but once I got into things it was fun and aside from some slightly tricky or annoying levels it was generally a joy to play. :P

Nice! I have no problem sharing video game tips or helping you out if you need a hand in something! I just really love playing video games. <:

I hope to have Axiom Verge finished off sometime soon but I'm just so lost in it. It's actually rather refreshing!

haha the biggest problem is just finding the time, for the most part. for the games I'm not good at (Zelda) I can find guides or such if I need to so it's not a problem (I actually have guides for a bunch of the LoZ games... the prima ones no less lol)

I also love playing video games so I feel ya. I bought Axiom Verge but to prevent my backlog from getting crazy, I told myself I have to beat FF Type-0 HD (or quit trying to beat it, if I don't like it enough XP) before I play it. Sadly I don't have the time or motivation to make much progress in that game so it seems like it's going to be a while yet before I actually get to play Axiom Verge. And I was looking forward to it too >_<

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#54 Mariofan20

Mariofan20

Table Flipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:41 AM

It has been a while since I posted my list. Well here is my updated list.

- Mega Man 2, NES/Wii U Virtual Console, April

- Super Mario Bros., Um... Every Nintendo console?, April 28th (Today surprisingly)

Commentary.

- I have played this game before but was not able to beat it. I don't know what made this time different but apparently I was able to beat the game on both Normal and Difficult. I enjoyed the game a lot since it is Mega Man but there were times where I did not like some of the level design.

- This was so stupid but it was a lot of fun doing it. A friend of mine on twitter challenged me to beat the game and see if I could be stopped. To mix it up we had seven of our other friends be the fake Bowser of the first seven worlds while the friend that challenged me was of world eight. I managed (to no one's surprise) to beat all eight worlds including the eight harder worlds. I managed to end the game with 19 lives which six year old me could not do. I should not tell how great Super Mario Bros. is since everyone knows about it and have at least played it (except for Blazer I am guessing). Anyway the morale of the story of this playthrough is I have a really weird life and should reflect upon it thanks to Twitter.

#55 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:00 AM

It has been a while since I posted my list. Well here is my updated list.

- Mega Man 2, NES/Wii U Virtual Console, April

- Super Mario Bros., Um... Every Nintendo console?, April 28th (Today surprisingly)

Commentary.

- I have played this game before but was not able to beat it. I don't know what made this time different but apparently I was able to beat the game on both Normal and Difficult. I enjoyed the game a lot since it is Mega Man but there were times where I did not like some of the level design.

- This was so stupid but it was a lot of fun doing it. A friend of mine on twitter challenged me to beat the game and see if I could be stopped. To mix it up we had seven of our other friends be the fake Bowser of the first seven worlds while the friend that challenged me was of world eight. I managed (to no one's surprise) to beat all eight worlds including the eight harder worlds. I managed to end the game with 19 lives which six year old me could not do. I should not tell how great Super Mario Bros. is since everyone knows about it and have at least played it (except for Blazer I am guessing). Anyway the morale of the story of this playthrough is I have a really weird life and should reflect upon it thanks to Twitter.

lol twitter

but hey

I should not tell how great Super Mario Bros. is since everyone knows about it and have at least played it (except for Blazer I am guessing)

I think I've played it

probably

I just don't have any notable memories of it

why are you suddenly judging me/calling me out T___T I'm easily hurt you know

just because I prefer newer games and don't really enjoy a lot of the classics that other people do, doesn't mean I haven't tried them and/or don't respect them D: inb4you'rejoking, well I'm going to keep being butthurt anyway. because I can. ._. lolol jk

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#56 Mariofan20

Mariofan20

Table Flipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:53 AM

Sorry about that Blazer. I didn't mean any harm when I mentioned you. I don't really like calling people out to make them as an asshole.

inb4you'rejoking, well I'm going to keep being butthurt anyway. because I can. ._. lolol jk

Rude.

#57 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:31 PM

haha I'm just teasing, no worries, I have a weird sense of humor. well, there was some truth to what I said (my memory is bad and I'm not huge on classics or replaying games for nostalgia; nostalgia is something I tend to just keep at bay, lol), but I'm not actually hurt XD

anyhow I haven't had as much time as I'd like to beat games but I *have* been playing and doing a little bit of work... the backlog never seems to significantly shrink though T_T some companies need to release less games lolol

Find Mii I, 3DS, April 16th, 2015
Punch-Out!!, Wii/Wii U**, April 26th, 2015
One Piece: Unlimited World Red, Wii U/3DS***, April 28th, 2015

Comments:

- no comments, it's the StreetPass game. it qualifies as a game to me. barely.

- tough game. but cool. first time playing the revival or w/e of this series. played it on the Wii U eShop but it's a Wii game, thus the weird labeling. it was fun but not interested in playing it any more than I have (the game feels kinda cheap sometimes and it almost feels too faithful to the original, lacking some elements of modern game design; which is not necessarily bad, but it's not for me)

- a fun game in a fun series of One Piece games. I'm a huge fan of One Piece and this had some great cutscenes and a somewhat interesting story that was mostly an excuse to travel around familiar areas fighting people, but still, I enjoyed it. and Oda was involved and it had its moments. so yeah.

hopefully I'll beat some more significant games soon and have more to say about them

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#58 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:48 AM

Hyperdimesnion Neptunia Re;Birth1, PS Vita, May 1st

A fun RPG for the Vita/Steam. The second game is only on the Vita right now, but it might make it to steam like the first one did. Recently found out a remake of the third game is being remade as well, so I have to look forward to.

#59 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:35 PM

So it was fun, was it. Heh.

I think if I get any of those games (though I kinda told myself I wouldn't because it's so... niche... and... ... weird... I SAID IT, IT'S WEIRD OKAY) it'll be digital. It'd be nice if they somehow showed up on PS+ so I could get one of them for free and not have to buy it *shot*

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#60 Lucia

Lucia

FES's Kinkiest Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:43 PM

I finally completed Axiom Verge last night.

It's a Metroidvania that is soooo Metroid it's like a step away from copyright infringement. Which is a good thing, because it freakin' rocks..! It's got some pretty cool and unique powerups and it's got a pretty good difficulty curve and tons and tons of secrets. It took me about 10 hours to complete, but now that I know how it goes, I really want to try the speedrun mode now!

I highly recommend it if you have a PS4, but it'll soon come to Vita as well as PC. <:

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users