Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

What are you reading right now?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:53 PM

Finished Assassination Classroom. Too tired to give an overall opinion or anything right now, but the important thing is, even though Nagisa has cut his hair, he is still as tiny as ever(and his hair isn't THAT short), so all's well that ends well. It kind of pisses me off how Kayano doesn't look like she's interested in putting that much effort into their relationship but I guess they both have busy work lives to deal with...

I also think it's utter BS how they returned so much of the reward money, but oh well.

oh yeah. I forgot to post about AC here.

It was a tear-filled/emotional last few chapters. Overall, I really liked the ending and how it wasn't rushed, even if it wasn't quite perfect for me nor was it that surprising (and the characters didn't look that much older, though that's probably at least in part due to the art style, haha...)

From when I started reading it, the manga had this great mix of action, comedy, intensity, light-heartedness... and... I dunno, it was just really enjoyable. I ended up getting attached to the characters through the small moments and I felt like they were handled relatively nicely. Whatever flaws were present were very minor and beside the point to me. Like, yeah, outside of a certain character's death and such, nothing really all that "bad" or "sad" happens, yeah it was kinda predictable, but it's not trying to be a super dark manga or whatever. It went out to do something and it handled both the "assasination" and "classroom" parts very well, creating an exciting, emotional, hilarious rollercoaster of a manga.

I believe it's one of the few manga I have read from start to finish, especially that is longer than like 50 chapters, and it's definitely one of the best manga I've read of all-time (I recall at some points I was so impressed with it I actually thought it was as good as One Piece, or better than it in a way or two!), and I will look back on it fondly for years to come.

That and I might import the 3DS game that just came out or whatever and maybe get some other stuff to show my appreciation for what I thought was a great manga. :)

(Also, thankfully we at least have the anime for a bit, though then again... I'm not sure my heart can handle it lol)

if I had been them I'd have taken all the money tbh. Mostly because I'm a greedy bastard that knows life is easy when you're loaded, but also because they kinda earned it. Hell they made government agents look like a joke on command, removed a corrupt official turned terrorist from society, and on top of that managed to learn a touching lesson about living up to your own best self... Or something.

I may have taken it but if I did I'd probably donate it. More importantly than that though it's a manga so I think having them go for the tougher but more ideal take on it and not accepting all the money and doing what Koro-sensei would probably want them to do was a good thing. In a way it's honoring Koro-sensei both with what he taught/his ideals (as partially explained in the manga) and also showing that by the end of it, they weren't in it for the money, their "assassination classroom" was much more than them trying to collect a bounty.

It takes a lot of strength and heart to follow an ideal and not just go "well ideals are worthless, we have all this freaking money, let's be smart and use it", so while real people might not have that strength and would just take it, I really admire that the characters in this manga do have that strength--and it speaks volumes about their teacher, Koro-sensei, IMO. I'm sure it hurt them too but they've already received so many gifts from Koro-sensei, and like they realized, it's more worthwhile to work hard and achieve something in the end than just having it handed to you. There's no strength in that, and it would make their "blades" grow dull.

From that perspective, accepting the money would have gone against the entire idea of the manga and what Koro-sensei taught and would have been pretty stupid. Ideals, morals, honor, they might seem worthless to a straight-laced person or a rational thinker or the like, but they do have meaning to those who carry them, even if that meaning, that value, that importance, seems artificial or pointless to outside eyes.

Don't tell Blazer but I finally started One Piece again, this time I will make it past the time skip!

oh man, you've missed out on sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. you better actually make it past the time-skip, preferably to where we are now, lol. I'm gonna be upset if you don't :P. I've had like, no one to discuss OP with lately too, so QQ

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#42 Sorayai

Sorayai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Video games, anime, writing, dragons

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:40 AM

still reading Magi on and off. gosh, it moves so slowly... but then again I never read manga other than this, so maybe it's normal ha ha.

tttott_by_merieth-d9yn2oj.png

Jakob :wub:

#43 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:02 AM

still reading Magi on and off. gosh, it moves so slowly... but then again I never read manga other than this, so maybe it's normal ha ha.

slightly related, I was talking to a friend of sorts about monthly manga in general and it's just... kinda painful, sometimes. like, it takes forever to update, and then the update goes by in a flash, and by the time one chapter comes out I've mostly forgotten the previous one, and there's so much disconnect, haha.

It's not even that the pacing of the manga itself is terrible per se, it's just like, only so much can reasonably happen in so many pages, lol. Binging something can kinda solve this but either you have to wait until something's finished or you end up getting caught up, which brings its own problems (do you keep reading it as it comes out, or suffer in agony as you wait for a bunch more chapters to come out so you don't have to worry about the pacing/cliffhangers/etc. for a bit? >_>')

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#44 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:09 AM

Started reading heir to the empire(star wars book. First of a trilogy revolving around thrawn who is basically the biggest badass in the history of forever.

#45 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:28 PM

Started reading heir to the empire(star wars book. First of a trilogy revolving around thrawn who is basically the biggest badass in the history of forever.

>open parenthesis but no close parenthesis

*loses mind*

(lol)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#46 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:33 PM

Obviously the parenthesised sentence isn't finished)

#47 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:43 PM

/cringe

lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#48 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:46 PM

I do that a lot more often than I'd like to admit, and probably more than that really since I'm sure I've missed it on occasions such as this. Oh well, oh punctuation is only important when speaking.

#49 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:31 PM

I'm reading

Anime: A History by Jonathan Clements

and

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.

I'm taking them super slowly at the moment though, I seem to go through phases where I'll read every day and finish multiple books in a couple weeks, and then completely flip to a dry period where I can't seem to focus on books at all. At the moment I'm in the latter period.

QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#50 Fujisaki

Fujisaki

Tipping the scales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:video games
    tumblr
    art

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:17 AM

This post.
I actually haven't read anything in like 2 years...lol. Well, maybe the occasional Yotsuba! manga but that's pretty much it.
“My lady, I may never take my eyes off you again! ...Unless I'm about to run into a wall.”
"Have we chanced upon the forbidden sanctuary of the bikini tribe?!"

#51 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:00 AM

started reading noblesse. got myself caught up in i think two weeks? i love frankenstein. dude has a fantastic personality. i wish they would do more with the human kids though. at the beginning it felt like they were going to be an important part of the story rather than just "we need to protect them, so they're going to show up once in ahwile". also i don't like that the Noblesse is strong to the point of absolute nonsense. 

Spoiler

in the end though it is a decent enough webcomic. i'm thoroughly enjoying it anyway. 

#52 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:48 AM

started reading noblesse. got myself caught up in i think two weeks? i love frankenstein. dude has a fantastic personality. i wish they would do more with the human kids though. at the beginning it felt like they were going to be an important part of the story rather than just "we need to protect them, so they're going to show up once in ahwile". also i don't like that the Noblesse is strong to the point of absolute nonsense. 

Spoiler

in the end though it is a decent enough webcomic. i'm thoroughly enjoying it anyway. 

I really dislike vampire stuff

if not for this, I might read this, amongst other stuff, but alas. vampires really aren't appealing to me. >_>'

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#53 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:10 PM

They aren't really like vampires at all tbh. The only two that have anything to do with blood are the Lord and the noblesse who both basically do blood magic. The only resemblance to vampires at all is their longevity.

Edit: not trying to persuade you, just felt it was worth mentioning.

#54 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:30 PM

Boku no hero academia though. I really thought it was gonna be awful, but 100 chapters later in caught up and waiting for more XD it's not the best thing I've ever read, but it's kept me reading which is enough for me.

Also

Spoiler

#55 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:22 PM

boku no hero is amazing lol. You expect it to be super typical but just enraptures you

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#56 Cheshire

Cheshire

Stranger with Candy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Everything Zen

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:02 PM

I'm not a big manga fan, but my local library has a small selection of titles. I started reading Tokyo ghoul and it was pretty good. I only got into the third book.
"Boney gets a boney thinking about Chesh's purring cat."

user posted image

#57 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:02 PM

Just read the first volume of Berserk since it was lying around my house somehow. It's actually pretty damn cool, I'm starting to get the hype around it. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#58 Solace

Solace

WEW LAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:12 PM

I was following Attack on Titan until maybe like... a year ago, lol. Somebody spoiled me on a bunch of things but I kind of just expected them, honestly..

After catching up with Game of Thrones (the TV series), I've taken up to getting back into the books. I already read the first three books when I was younger, and I'm probably about 40% through with A Feast For Crows, right now.

tumblr_mof6qo3kgA1s5v7tdo1_500.gif

#59 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:19 PM

gonna try again on naruto. might actually make it past chapter 5 this time. 

Initial D: oh man i can't believe it's over. i've been reading/watching this for years now, and it's been quite the ride. i actually got way behind on it, so i've got about 100 chapters to go still, but i saw a little blurb that said final chapter the other day and immediately ran the other way. if anyone likes cars/racing this is a great manga/anime. also it's a gateway to eurobeat, so be careful.

Shaman king: meh. it's good. i'm enjoying it. this is probably gonna be my "i don't have anything else to read, so here we go" material.

Latest toriko chapters: what the hell am i reading? this is great in the worst way possible(or possibly horrible in the best way)

#60 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:28 PM

I'm not a big manga fan, but my local library has a small selection of titles. I started reading Tokyo ghoul and it was pretty good. I only got into the third book.

super late but Tokyo Ghoul is amaaaazzzing, tbh kinda curious why like, none of my friends are into it, it's one of my favorite manga, not just because it's dark/edgy/whatever but because the character personalities, development, world-building, etc. are all really neat and it has some great foreshadowing, plot twists, moments of craziness or epicness, etc. that just make it a memorable kind of thrill

as far as what I'm reading, the only thing I'm really *invested* in right now is One Piece, which has gotten seriously good. I mean, it's usually good and I usually read it and like it and am hyped and all that but the new arc is kinda crazy on various fronts. I had a couple issues with the last chapter but I think I just need to be patient for now and see how things play out, it's tough waiting week-by-week for this stuff, especially when there are so many things going on concurrently, haha. I really just want some certain people to get their butts whooped and OP is doing me a good job of getting me riled up in the mean time. >_>'

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users