Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fire Blazer : (08 December 2018 - 06:57 PM) but as they say a country is made of its people so IMO FES itself is still kind of alive so long as its people still talk a bit and remember the good times XD
@  Fire Blazer : (08 December 2018 - 06:56 PM) also yeah we're alive just not the forum really lol
@  Fire Blazer : (08 December 2018 - 06:56 PM) ...?
@  Rujio : (07 December 2018 - 07:03 AM) We're just mostly not actually here
@  kirant : (06 December 2018 - 08:41 PM) We're alive. I think.
@  Ezra : (06 December 2018 - 04:25 AM) It's been AGES since I logged in last, how's FES doing?
@  Ramiel : (04 December 2018 - 04:42 AM) Yo
@  acceptance : (03 December 2018 - 05:43 PM) truly
@  Fire Blazer : (02 December 2018 - 07:42 PM) i see
@  Mig64 : (28 November 2018 - 07:58 PM) I'M PRETTY SURE SOMEONE DID SAY CAPS LOCK
@  Fire Blazer : (28 November 2018 - 01:21 AM) DID SOMEONE SAY CAPS LOCK
@  acceptance : (25 November 2018 - 11:29 PM) MY CAPS LOCK IS ALSO FUNCTIONAL
@  Cero : (19 November 2018 - 09:52 AM) woah, been a bit since ive been on here
@  Mig64 : (17 November 2018 - 03:28 PM) @kirant AND MY AXE.
@  Fire Blazer : (17 November 2018 - 07:37 AM) yo hey it's Valke. hope you're doing well. as you can see the forums are dead, but it is what it is, eh
@  xcrash1998 : (15 November 2018 - 10:05 PM) It is alright, i have nothing to complain about
@  Valke : (14 November 2018 - 10:36 AM) how are you guys doing
@  kirant : (13 November 2018 - 11:14 PM) SAME WITH ME. AND MY CAPS LOCK!
@  Valke : (13 November 2018 - 11:24 AM) I'M ALIVE
@  Valke : (13 November 2018 - 11:24 AM) HEY

Photo

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 - True Ending/Overall Thoughts (Spoiler-Free)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:12 AM

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 - True Ending/Overall Thoughts (Spoiler-Free)

Beat Copen's route and then got the true ending on Gunvolt's side. (Copen felt kinda OP btw and I didn't even use much in the way of upgrades or the like.)

The ending wasn't just bittersweet, it felt kind of empty and... just not very well-done overall.

To start, this game seems very independent of the first still, like they hadn't really considered the sequel when making the first game. I don't remember Mytyl being a thing at all before, for instance. But ok, whatever. Happens.

Then the actual ending didn't really answer various questions, felt kinda nonsensical, was a bit anti-climactic in a sense, and overall it was just... not a great ending. Not an impressive one, not one that was particularly memorable, not a happy/sweet one, it was just kinda disappointing, not terribly so, but I value final bosses and endings because I feel like if a game is well-concluded it makes my memories and overall impression of it that much more positive, and Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 is a fun game overall (even if it's mostly just action with some weird bosses and stuff), so yeah.

Fun though it was I don't think I'll be too excited for a sequel though (and there's potential for it), not if it's going to be more of this kinda writing. The little chats are sometimes nice and 8-4 added a lot of flair to the dialog so it's not really that (yes it was 8-4, I saw as much at the end, which explains why the text and voices hardly matched up, if at all, lol), it's moreso the overall story that's weak, and I don't see that being fixed. I almost wish they went for something simpler where it's easier to enjoy it: a simple, well-executed story is often better to me than a slightly more complex story that's trying too hard to be cool or whatever

That's all I got for ramblings, glad to be done and not a bad experience, maybe about an 8-8.5 not including the story and about a 7.5 including it, so still solid.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users