Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fire Blazer : (24 November 2017 - 01:47 PM) and I think it'll stay this way for a bit. do you not like it? any alternatives that don't compromise the benefits of DLC? (e.g. Smash 4 DLC characters; would you rather delay the game for more characters, just so that they aren't released as DLC instead?)
@  Fire Blazer : (24 November 2017 - 01:46 PM) and you can see how they do their mobile games, so... yeah, Nintendo was a bit late to do it, but they eventually did join the other big companies with the new way of selling games and such
@  Fire Blazer : (24 November 2017 - 01:46 PM) uh, idk. I'm not against DLC as a whole, I just want it to be executed well. which to me mainly means, the original game should be a full experience, and any DLC should be extras and adequately priced; if you're selling a single costume for $1, or a single new gameplay map for $3, that kinda thing, that's way overpriced IMO.
@  xcrash1998 : (23 November 2017 - 08:12 PM) I mean in terms of how they sell their games and then there are DLC's and every thing. Nintendo is clearly going into that kind of direction. (Actually is doing that already). Not that I am against them trying to keep profit high to stay in the business but there needs to be a better way.
@  xcrash1998 : (23 November 2017 - 08:09 PM) How do you think will nintendo change in the future
@  Fire Blazer : (13 November 2017 - 08:55 PM) lol, perhaps
@  kirant : (13 November 2017 - 07:19 PM) I assume nostalgia hits as soon as we get old enough to "fall out" of things.
@  Rujio : (13 November 2017 - 03:57 PM) aren't we supposed to be too young for nostalgia or something?
@  Fire Blazer : (13 November 2017 - 06:08 AM) yet it feels bad since somewhere in my heart I miss all that
@  Fire Blazer : (13 November 2017 - 06:08 AM) and even if i am i dont find myself talking about video games much like the old days. esp. not serious conversations on forums
@  Fire Blazer : (13 November 2017 - 06:08 AM) :( idk man i'm hardly even into FE anymore
@  xcrash1998 : (12 November 2017 - 09:50 PM) hi
@  Rujio : (12 November 2017 - 05:46 PM) I mean I'm actually around pretty frequently. But we never do anything.
@  Idiot : (12 November 2017 - 04:13 PM) Not since the fire nation attacked...
@  Valke : (12 November 2017 - 10:07 AM) hi hello anyone here
@  Idiot : (11 November 2017 - 07:51 AM) Blegh, even
@  Idiot : (10 November 2017 - 05:11 PM) same
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2017 - 04:54 AM) meh
@  Fire Blazer : (07 November 2017 - 04:52 AM) yeah, seems fine to me
@  kirant : (04 November 2017 - 07:51 PM) To update the Crunchyroll thing: according to their Twitter page, they've fixed their website.

Photo

NES MINI!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:54 AM

http://www.theverge....ced-price-games

if anyone doesn't feel like reading it nintendo is releasing a small NES clone which is preloaded with 30 games(and a pretty strong lineup at that). there are a few drawbacks, you can't open the cartridge slot, so no playing real cartridges, it won't be able to connect to the internet and download new games e-shop style, and it doesn't come with a power source. it comes with a usb power cable, but you have to supply the source.

i'm personally very excited.

#2 Idiot

Idiot

Where Am I?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:Anything that isn't Lacrosse.

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:44 AM

That's fuckin awesome dude.

I'm officially hyped for this.
Not a very smart person.

FEShrines friendly neighborhood basket case.

#3 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:22 AM

Apparently the controllers are like 10 bucks and can be used with other video game consoles. Or so I heard.

IUfb9Eg.png

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,086 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:11 PM

http://www.theverge....ced-price-games

if anyone doesn't feel like reading it nintendo is releasing a small NES clone which is preloaded with 30 games(and a pretty strong lineup at that). there are a few drawbacks, you can't open the cartridge slot, so no playing real cartridges, it won't be able to connect to the internet and download new games e-shop style, and it doesn't come with a power source. it comes with a usb power cable, but you have to supply the source.

i'm personally very excited.

That's fuckin awesome dude.

I'm officially hyped for this.

Apparently the controllers are like 10 bucks and can be used with other video game consoles. Or so I heard.

I think it can only be used with like the Wii U VC games and stuff, but in general it's pretty rad.

I'm almost definitely going to grab this--I'm not big on retro games or anything but it's a solid deal (better than buying them on VC) and a good collector's item and just seems like fun in general. I'll hopefully end up trying some classics I missed out on since I never had an NES (and thus have only played such games on my computer or Nintendo consoles or the like)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:26 PM

It does have a solid line-up of games. Quite the deal, honestly. I'm not much of a fan of the NES era though, so I'll pass.

IUfb9Eg.png

#6 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:34 PM

i mean it works out to less than $2 a game, so it's one of the best deals as far as games go. you couldn't match those prices at a yard sale XD

now give us an SNES version nintendo. you know we wanted that instead

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,086 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:46 PM

It does have a solid line-up of games. Quite the deal, honestly. I'm not much of a fan of the NES era though, so I'll pass.

I feel this, but I do want to give it a chance and have some piece of it, since it was the start of so much and is kind of... idk, revered by people in some ways. I guess you could say it's out of respect for the console that I'm interested. I don't think I'll get this at launch but I respect the idea and would probably like to have it at some point, maybe if it's $40 I'd be more inclined to get it XP (we'll see if Nintendo will be willing to discount it any time soon though, I wouldn't exactly count on it...)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:57 AM

i mean it works out to less than $2 a game, so it's one of the best deals as far as games go. you couldn't match those prices at a yard sale XD

now give us an SNES version nintendo. you know we wanted that instead

I have to admit, most of the old games I like were on SNES, so yes, I agree with that statement. :P

I feel this, but I do want to give it a chance and have some piece of it, since it was the start of so much and is kind of... idk, revered by people in some ways. I guess you could say it's out of respect for the console that I'm interested. I don't think I'll get this at launch but I respect the idea and would probably like to have it at some point, maybe if it's $40 I'd be more inclined to get it XP (we'll see if Nintendo will be willing to discount it any time soon though, I wouldn't exactly count on it...)

How much is it currently? Or is it not out yet?

IUfb9Eg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users