Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Blazer's Realm of Abeyance

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#101 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

Lol hypocrite

Anyway, not bad, I guess. Like Masterplan said, the sword needs shading, because it was pure white and all. His left foot is also at a funny angle.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#102 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

^How exactly am I a hypocrite, Mr. I Like to Be Rude and Call People Names?

The images aren't working. Also I did steal the sword from Eliwood but I don't think that's a great excuse for not shading a sword... but, then again, I don't get how I would shade it, because it's 1 pixel thick, so there's no space to shade it, from what I understand. D:

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#103 Masterplan201

Masterplan201

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:28 PM

user posted image
If this picture don't work try to copy the URL.

I really don't know how to explain that with the 1 pixel but it's like mug spriting, but imagine that he hold his sword in the air and the sun shines from above, so the sword must get from the bottum-up lighter, I know I explained it strange but I hope you understand what I mean.

Tactics_Banner.png

#104 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:40 AM

You made the sword green, but it's a silver (well more on the white side) sword. Spriting rules or not, you can't pass off a green sword as a white sword. D:

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#105 Green

Green

hello world this be luka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:28 AM

I think the rapiers a bit too long

#106 Masterplan201

Masterplan201

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ May 15 2011, 02:40 AM)
You made the sword green, but it's a silver (well more on the white side) sword. Spriting rules or not, you can't pass off a green sword as a white sword. D:

It isn't really green, it is more a darker grey and in my opinion it looks better.

Tactics_Banner.png

#107 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

@Green it's not since it's the same length as the one on Eliwood!Knight Lord. Yes, he's on the ground, but he's skilled enough to wield such a long sword.

@Masterplan you took the colors from the armor, did you not? That makes it green, his armor is a certain shade of green, i.e. it's closer to green than it is grey. But regardless of what we perceive it as, the sword is white, as in, that's supposed to be its property, it's not just any sword, and I can't just change the properties of one of the most important swords in the game just for it to look better which I don't think it even does.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#108 Masterplan201

Masterplan201

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:49 PM

OK I thought it should be a normal animation with a normal sword and not Nothung.

Tactics_Banner.png

#109 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ May 14 2011, 03:35 PM)
^How exactly am I a hypocrite, Mr. I Like to Be Rude and Call People Names?

QUOTE (You)
More importantly, please critique this IN DETAIL, WITH USEFUL SPECIFICS. I will ignore any useless, vague, or just plain rude criticism. Looking for constructive criticism so I can improve this.

QUOTE (You in my thread somewheres)
It's okay but has a few problems that I don't want to spend time elaborating on (sorry >_>).

Now granted, I didn't ask, but that sort of thing's kinda implied.

The images aren't working. Also I did steal the sword from Eliwood but I don't think that's a great excuse for not shading a sword... but, then again, I don't get how I would shade it, because it's 1 pixel thick, so there's no space to shade it, from what I understand. D:

You just gradient the grays up the blade, Blazer. Same question plagued me for a while too.

Spoiler

#110 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:34 PM

I don't think it's implied whatsoever. If one wants something, they should ask for it, not be roundabout in trying to get what they want. I don't like people who rely on implications and assumptions, those cause misunderstandings which cause conflicts.

@Gradient the sword already has that but only to a small extent so I'll try making it more wide-spread but meh, I am more worried about the armor and hair than the sword >_>

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#111 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

I was going to put something here, but I really have no intentions of starting some huge verbal war, so point taken. Next time, I'll ask for opinions.

I understand that you want specific help on the hair and armor, but I have no level of experience in doing either of those things, so I'll continue on with the sword. I see what you mean to some extent about already having shading, but that was maybe all of two-four pixels at its base, which is far too little, in my opinion. I'd recommend pulling the shading down so that each color gets its own portion of the blade- for example, it looks like there are three colors, counting white, so try giving each color its own third or so of the blade.

Spoiler

#112 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

Alright, I'll try that. That may very well be an improvement on the original sword that IS created, thanks for the tip.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users