Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Fates Sales in Japan

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:46 AM

Obviously, don't read the thread if you don't want spoilers on sales information and such, because that's the whole point of this thread.

http://www.twitlonge.../show/n_1smt5hv

http://nintendoevery...0-sell-through/

So the game sold fairly well, with quite a few people getting the special edition. Also, it seems that the Hoshido route (Birthright) was more popular in Japan, presumably because the game is easier and closer in content and style to Awakening. I'm guessing they will take this as a sign that they should continue along the Hoshido side of things and NOT the Nohr side of things, which is bad news for anyone who preferred the approach that Nohr route took or whatever (cough me, based on what I've seen).

Anyone have any thoughts/insight on this? Did it meet your expectations, does it sound about right, did you expect Hoshido to sell better? That kinda thing. XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:47 AM

Cool. Still, no 3DS so I probably won't be able to affect these sales XD

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#3 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:50 AM

Honestly, despite my issues with the game, I can see why it is selling. Waifus. *shot*

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:11 AM

Cool. Still, no 3DS so I probably won't be able to affect these sales XD

sadface still can't remember why you don't exactly have a 3DS, especially when you had access to one for a little bit. having somewhat poor memory is lame, I guess

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Saepe in arcas verborum scribere obliviscor.

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:27 AM

RIP Fire Emblem as a strategy game, hello waifu matchmaker 20XX. If Nohr sells well in the U.S, Nintendo might create both strategy options again.

I think the Hoshido route sold better simply because it was closer related to the culture of Japan (obviously) so more people were inclined to buy that one. Aside from the conformation that Hoshido was easier, I don't think anyone following that conformation was someone would would actually play Hoshido because it was easier (without playing Nohr).

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:14 AM

you mean confirmation, right?

it's hard to say why people got Hoshido, it might be because of what you said, or the character designs, or preferring "good" over bad... it's a shame but you can't really know for sure, and the thing is that because of that, IS can interpret it however they like. that's why "voting with your wallets" is a flawed idea in the sense that you can't designate what you vote for or how you feel about something. you can buy a crappy game in a series because you want the series to continue, but that doesn't mean you want it to continue in that direction... (hmm, Sonic?) or in this case I might buy both Hoshido and Nohr but does that essentially make my vote null? how can I show a preference for Nohr's gameplay without just skipping out on Hoshido entirely? buy it a few weeks later?

idk man :\

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Saepe in arcas verborum scribere obliviscor.

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:48 PM

Yes, I did. I was being a phone pleb and I'm awful at typing. Autocorrect is a bitch sometimes, especially when it corrects to the wrong one.

#8 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:01 AM

lol it's fine I was just making sure

I'm weird and try not to assume stuff even when all logic points to a certain answer because I think I could somehow be wrong anyway, so I really was just asking lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users