Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Issues with feditor

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 AnimaBlocco

AnimaBlocco

The Knight in Gold Armor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Many Interests

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:19 AM

Hello all, I'm having an issue to getting feditor to work properly, What exactly do I need to do to get it to work?

Add me on Nintendo Network, I play Pokemon Sun Version and Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. I like to have new friends. :)

#2 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:30 AM

More details plox. If you just want to run it look in the "dist" folder and run the FE Editor.jar file.

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#3 AnimaBlocco

AnimaBlocco

The Knight in Gold Armor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

More details plox. If you just want to run it look in the "dist" folder and run the FE Editor.jar file.

Did so, Now it's giving more issues... isn't there a Programming System I need to get it to work?

Add me on Nintendo Network, I play Pokemon Sun Version and Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. I like to have new friends. :)

#4 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:56 PM

Not that I'm aware of. What exactly are your issues?

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#5 AnimaBlocco

AnimaBlocco

The Knight in Gold Armor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:43 AM

I'm using winrar to open it, I enter The FEditor Adv -> Entered dist folder -> Clicked on Feditor Adv.jar, reopened Winrar but with the Feditor Adv.jar stuff opened, Not sure where to go to next. @_@

#6 spartango

spartango

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Robotics, control theory, etc.

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:33 AM

You shouldn't need to use WinRar more than once; all it's used for is to unarchive files (multiple files packaged together, basically). Is your java runtime environment (JRE) up to date?

#7 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:42 AM

I'm using winrar to open it, I enter The FEditor Adv -> Entered dist folder -> Clicked on Feditor Adv.jar, reopened Winrar but with the Feditor Adv.jar stuff opened, Not sure where to go to next. @_@

Ah I see. As spartango said you shouldn't need to use winrar more than once. Instead of opening with WINRAR right click the archive and select extract.

When you have the feEditor.jar open in the top left corner click FILE and then select the ROM you want to edit. You can change editor modes with to TOOLS tab.

Fe-Shrine-sig.png

#8 AnimaBlocco

AnimaBlocco

The Knight in Gold Armor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

You shouldn't need to use WinRar more than once; all it's used for is to unarchive files (multiple files packaged together, basically). Is your java runtime environment (JRE) up to date?

Tried that method, and it doesn't load up. Maybe there could be a possibility it's because my laptop is an old model. :'( 

#9 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:32 AM

You didn't answer the question on whether your JRE is up-to-date. If you can't run the program, then it's very likely it's because java isn't updated.

IUfb9Eg.png

#10 AnimaBlocco

AnimaBlocco

The Knight in Gold Armor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:04 AM

I've updated it, but it doesn't work :(

#11 AnimaBlocco

AnimaBlocco

The Knight in Gold Armor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:41 PM

Wouldn't I need A Compatible Editor Program to also work with FEditor?

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:28 PM

Wouldn't I need A Compatible Editor Program to also work with FEditor?

not sure what you mean by that

basic process is

- download FEditor Adv

- right-click and extract the archive, so that you get a folder, and not a .zip/.rar/.7z file (these are all extensions of archive files; if you're confused by any of this, I would suggest googling it)
- click on "run" to run FEditor, or run it directly from the "dist" folder

- if it's not running, you may need to update Java, as mentioned before

if you're still having problems, I'm not sure what it is, you can try posting a gif or video of yourself doing it (e.g. using gyazo's gif program) so we can see it, and also posting your operating system and such (e.g. some version of Windows, Mac, or Linux)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users