Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Aon's mugs (And eventually sprites)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Aon Riley

Aon Riley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:-Learning to mod
    -Creating artwork
    -Smash Bros. 3ds
    -Somewhat of a Clash player
    (Join "The Dark Exalts" :)

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:40 PM

Well, I've decided to start with making mugs(one of the only things I understand about custom FE stuff :). As it is, I know I'm not great yet, but here's my start. If I get good enough I might take requests, but definitely not yet, as I have a little way to go.

So! Let me introduce some characters!

Top left: Aon. Aon is the main lord of my mod, currently called Magnum Opus. He's a Mage Lord and the leader of a small village in the Irascil Empire (basically a larger Frelia from the Sacred Stones). Due to his emperor's actions, he is forced to flee and start a revolution to bring peace back to the continent of Magvel.

Top Center: Robin. Robin is a thief and a friend of Aon's. She later joins when Aon comes back to rescue his home village of Meralo from Irascil forces.

Top Right: Adam. Yes I know that he is basically Kent in Raven's clothes, but he looks good that way. Anywho, Adam is the leader of the Legion Mercenaries, and he joins Aon in his quest to take down Irascil.

Lower left: Wulfric. A Paladin and the former Knight Commander of Irascil, Wulfric left his position in the military, as he believed Irascil's invasions had been unjust. After relocating to Meralo, he had become friends with Aon and left with him to bring his empire back to its senses.

Lower Right: Cugar. A Hero who leads STEM, or the Sandstorm Tactical Entourage of Mercenaries. He and Adam have met in battle many times and respect one another. They have a pact to never kill the other if they end up on opposite sides, and Cugar is a descendant of the Tiger Eye, Caellach.

Well, that's round one of my characters. Sprite-wise however, any feedback or advice? I'm not entirely sure how well I'm doing, so I'll be happy to know.Attached File  First Sprites.png   20.58KB   2 downloads

Things I enjoy:

-A good smash opponent/partner

-Writing 

-Jamming on the Ocarina 

-Meeting new people 

Things I hate:

-Clash of Clans daters (Seriously people ...)

-Very judgmental jerks

Moral of the list: Don't be a scrub!  B)

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:34 AM

Cugar is a descendant of Caellach, eh? The base/body does look the same, haha. and he's got Lloyd's head, right? XP

If you want some basic feedback... I'd try working on your color choices; try to match up the shades of new colors to old ones so the like... overall dynamic of the colors doesn't look odd. I can't really explain it well but in Cugar's hair, there's like, too much contrast between the different shades of his hair color, IMO.

Also, in both of the bottom two portraits in the image you posted, I think the neck is too long.

There's lots more to improve on but I don't wanna overwhelm you, def. just start simply and practice and my biggest advice would probably be to reference lots of things! like, stealing other people's work is bad but copying their style, technique, and the colors they use and applying that to your own work isn't bad (I don't think). you can learn a lot just from analyzing existing portraits and how they do what they do (for instance, Wulfric's neck is shaded kind of weird, try referencing someone else's neck!)

Alright I think that's enough for now, good luck! :)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:14 PM

For wulfric try matching his head up with armor that faces the same direction his head does. Easiest thing to do is to use the neck originally attached to the armor, and just transplant the head. Other option is to flip the portrait that head originally came from, then move it over. Other than referencing other work my only suggestion at this point is just play around with stuff.even if you don't think it'll look good just try something out that way you can nail down the basics before trying something a little more complex

#4 Aon Riley

Aon Riley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:-Learning to mod
    -Creating artwork
    -Smash Bros. 3ds
    -Somewhat of a Clash player
    (Join "The Dark Exalts" :)

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:05 AM

Yeah, neck shading is basically where I die at. :unsure:  But of course, I've got a ways to go. Thanks for the advice, and I'll try out some other techniques and characters.

Things I enjoy:

-A good smash opponent/partner

-Writing 

-Jamming on the Ocarina 

-Meeting new people 

Things I hate:

-Clash of Clans daters (Seriously people ...)

-Very judgmental jerks

Moral of the list: Don't be a scrub!  B)

#5 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:41 PM

Wulfric looks odd as hell because of that neck turn. Anyways, I find them decent for an amateur. I'm not skilled enough in spriting to give more substantial criticism. I suggest you try splicing hair now since that will help differentiate your mugs and probably will show more of the flaws you need to work on. Try looking at good spritiers and copying them. And use a site like imgur to host your images.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users