Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Lone's Starting Gallery

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Tsuki-Hime

Tsuki-Hime

Whiney Fucking Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Anime, RP'ing, Sleeping, Eating, Resting..... well I couldn't think of much I'm content not having a social life:P

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:46 PM

user posted image

I'm a mugger not a spriter, so I'll leave the sprite for someone else to critique. Firstly I have to say I'm very disappointed in you! *Kicks Lone* How many times do I have to tell you to stop mixing skin tones? Bad one, bad! (You've used FE8 Tana's skin tone for the ear, and Sophia for the rest.)

Also you've used what I call the "Lazy Bastard technique" xD (Just named it now) Merging hair is fine and all, but use a pencil to clean things up once your done, especially if you're adding new hair to a face.

-Original mug, as said above has two skin tones, and has forehead hair issues.

-2nd Mug, Do not color in hair in the same color and hope people won't notice, cause frankly it looks horrible. When I placed Tana's blue hair back on, I was left with ugly purple hair which shouldn't be there, color all this in a random (I think 3rd darkest works best) skin tone.

-3rd mug, now you may recolor the hair.

-4th mug,Pencil in the shading, It doesn't matter if you fail, Attempted shading looks better then no shading at all, and both look better then being a "lazy bastard" and leaving the original hair. In this case you'll need to draw in eyebrows as well, since the old one got destroyed (in the example) Penciling in additions is a basic skill you'll need to understand if you want to get better.

Also, on the right where you merged the hair, you've got Tana's dreadlock like thingies merging into Sophia's straight hair, ugly >_< Hence I just put back Sophia's ear, To be honest I think it looks too big xD Though it's better then having funny hair, and the ear on the original was too high up anyway.

-5th mug, Okay, Sophia's hair is a pain, is there 5 shades in it? >_> Damn hippie, anyway I recolored the hair into blue since Tana was sitting on the side and I wanted to decrease the number of colors. Decreasing color count is essential in hacking, as FE mugs are restricted to 15 colors (plus a background color). Anything which has more won't go into a hack so if that's something you might want to do in future stick to the limit.

-The last mug, is just an ugly recoloring by me, (plus a bit of border elimination on the left handside of the face) why did I choose these horrible colors? To makes sure it still looks okay when recolored, to make sure I didn't miss any pixels, and to make you recolor it instead of just using the colors of the original mugs xD

-Other As for making her look older, there's various paths you could follow, the one I'd do being fiddling around with moving pixels around on the eyes and eyebrow, and adding wrinkles if you want to make her an old woman In terms of body, you could always make one I guess, I personally don't think there's anything wrong with Sophia's body, recoloring would be nice though smile.gif

Essay complete xD

#42 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:02 AM

Rosaline looks great as does Tsuki's more emo presentation of her. Nice job, I can tell you're getting better at spriting and splicing.

Your battle sprite... looks kinda like Rey's trueblade. Anyway, it looks OK, but I don't think the tilted head looks too nice. That's about it...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#43 ~Lone~

~Lone~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

Ah, well if it makes it more original, I don't really rip things. I just need help animating it to some degree. =____=;;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users