Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Final Fantasy

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#1 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:00 PM

Yeah, use this thread to talk about the Final Fantasy series, it's story-related spin-offs, and the random spin-offs.

You know, about characters, favourite FF, if you need help, all of that.

RIGHT HERE.

RIGHT NOW.

#2 Soviet Comrade

Soviet Comrade

Mega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:???????????? ??????????

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:53 AM

I hate this game series ALMOST as much as those pointless sports games..Madden etc.

ANYWAYS, pity bump. FF fans, talk about it here...

#3 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:12 AM

Every single RPG type game exists because of Final Fantasy, so don't bash it. tongue.gif Final Fantasy rules, up to number 7, number 6 being the best, and the ones after sucking.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)
Yeah, that is what we get. Never mess with Kensai. XD

QUOTE (badkiara103)
Who doesn't want to kill a helpless little girl.

The Holy Kensai Fan Club!
Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

#4 Blazing_Soul

Blazing_Soul

Overlord

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:Girls........Fire Emblem........PS3.........Anime........Girls

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:08 AM

Sorry bro but FFIX was a good one, and so was X. If you're not a fan of MMOs the XI would blow and if you're not use to change then XII wouldn't be that much fun. Most of them are great games but I just wanted to say that FFVI is one of my favorites. Mainly because of characters like Terra, Celes, Locke, and Shadow.
user posted image

Darkness is rising and the light is fading
prepare for a battle for a battle between
harmony and discord.

#5 Ryrumeli

Ryrumeli

Hit by a meteor

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Location:Inside a giant Mecha, fighting monsters in your city.

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:18 AM

Well, Final Fantasy was an amazing series once. Way better than many of currents, like "Tales of" and others.(Well, technically the "Tales of" series started in the SNES, but it wasn't such a good start IMO) In the NES it was getting shape, in the SNES it was simply amazing, in the PS1 it was still good, but decreasing, and in the PS2 it really hit the gutter...

I kinda feel bad for FF10, because honestly for me it was actually good in a PS1 level, but... X-2 was the proof it fell victim of capitalism's ugly side. :-\

I won't go into fanboy merits like "It is the fault of the Square-Enix fusion!" or "Square's bad management is the reason for this". All I want is to say one thing, Final Fantasy is a series I recommend... ...if you don't mind older game's graphics. tongue.gif

Oh, and about FF12, personal question to anyone who enjoyed it... Did it have any sort of attractiveness other than stunning graphics? >__> *Played it for 2 hours, and couldn't force himself not to press the reset button*
user posted image
QUOTE (Akaihinata)
No Grey you have gay needs

QUOTE (Holy Kensai)
BECAUSE HE CAN CREATE ALL LIFE AND ALL EXISTANCE, BUT HE NEEDS YOUR MONEY!

#6 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (Ryrumeli @ August 13, 2009 09:18 am)
Oh, and about FF12, personal question to anyone who enjoyed it... Did it have any sort of attractiveness other than stunning graphics? >__> *Played it for 2 hours, and couldn't force himself not to press the reset button*

Somebody enjoyed it?

I played it. Twice. I felt horrible afterwards.

If you like not doing anything every battle, then it's good. I don't like that.

#7 Ryrumeli

Ryrumeli

Hit by a meteor

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:13 AM

Me neither BB. XP

And honestly, it is because of the stuff I read in the Edge magazine for the people expecting FFXIII. People from Square talking: "After the success that was FFXII's new system, we needed to work pretty hard to surpass such a landmark.".

Or something like that. >__> That comment alone made me not look forward to FFXIII at all. XD

...well. Of the current trio the only one I don't look forward only for the OST already is Versus...and look that it being taken care by the team behind Kingdom Hearts only makes me NOT want to get it. >.<
user posted image
QUOTE (Akaihinata)

QUOTE (Holy Kensai)

#8 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (Ryrumeli @ August 13, 2009 01:13 pm)
After the EPIC FAIL that was FFXII's new system, we needed to work pretty hard to surpass such a landmark in the hall of fail.".

Fix'd.

And yeah, FFXIII is out on the 360, but I'm not going to buy it, just because I know it'll be awful. I seriously want a return to the old stuff.

I played TLR, which isn't Final Fantasy, but was more like the old FFs than XII was. And I enjoyed it immensely more.

#9 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:50 AM

I agree with you guys so much. :/

In my opinion though, Tales of for the Snes was the best Tales O. tongue.gif

Final Fantasy Tactics (ps1 not the shit one) was the last good released Final Fantasy. And it was the best of any of them. xD

:/ RPGs that suck in everything, but try to make it up with breasts is just plain pathetic. (FFX/FFX-2)

The old system was the best, and personally, I liked the old graphis better too.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

#10 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Holy Kensai @ August 13, 2009 01:50 pm)
Final Fantasy Tactics (ps1 not the shit one) was the last good released Final Fantasy. And it was the best of any of them. xD

I quite enjoyed both FFTA and FFTA2 >_>

#11 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:08 PM

They just weren't my style. Too kiddy and the judge thing was lame.

Will you at least agree that FFT was better than FFTA and FFTA2?
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

#12 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Holy Kensai @ August 13, 2009 02:08 pm)
They just weren't my style. Too kiddy and the judge thing was lame.

Will you at least agree that FFT was better than FFTA and FFTA2?

Yes, the main characters being kids was annoying, but hey, I guess it's what happens if they put the player in the game xD.

Yes, FFT was better, and I'm not denying that.

They even did better in special characters. Cloud (as much as I find him annoying) > Vaan/Penelo/Al-Cid.

#13 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

I found Cloud pretty cool. You just have to ignore what the fanbase says about him. xD

FFT characters were just amazing. It's rare for a tactical game to have so much character development, yet it did. Then the plot, it was just wow. Gameplay was amazing. :/ FFT is definitely one of my top three favorite games of all time.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

#14 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Holy Kensai @ August 13, 2009 02:21 pm)
I found Cloud pretty cool. You just have to ignore what the fanbase says about him. xD

FFT characters were just amazing. It's rare for a tactical game to have so much character development, yet it did. Then the plot, it was just wow. Gameplay was amazing. :/ FFT is definitely one of my top three favorite games of all time.

It's not that I hate cloud or anything, I just don't find him that great.

And yes, FFT was indeed a very good game. Surprisingly good. A shame it never got round to here. However, there are ways around that.

#15 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:51 PM

Eh. He's a perfect example of a silent hero. He obviously isn't that deep, but he's not shallow either. tongue.gif He's a complex hero.

Aha. I know what you mean. xD

On a sidenote, I tried playing FFT for the PSP, and just wow. It didn't feel the same at all. :/ It felt like I was touching the younger, uglier sister.
Should've just rereleased it onto platform, with the new classes. xD And screw the FF-12 people or whatever.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

#16 Ryrumeli

Ryrumeli

Hit by a meteor

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:59 PM

If I am not mistaken, they are working currently on a version of the PSP FFT to the PS1. FFT hacking is more advanced than Fire Emblem hacking, believe it or not. <.<

And I have to agree with you guys. FFTA was good, not my kind of good but still better than most around. But FFT was a true gem. Wish they made more games like it. *Already started another playtrough in it a few days ago biggrin.gif*
user posted image
QUOTE (Akaihinata)

QUOTE (Holy Kensai)

#17 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Holy Kensai @ August 13, 2009 02:51 pm)
On a sidenote, I tried playing FFT for the PSP, and just wow. It didn't feel the same at all. :/ It felt like I was touching the younger, uglier sister.
Should've just rereleased it onto platform, with the new classes. xD And screw the FF-12 people or whatever.

Brilliant analogy there, I must say xD

I don't have a PSP, so I haven't played the new version.

The DS version of FFIV doesn't look great imo.

And did anyone actually buy Disgaea?

#18 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

lol Another playthrough? xD

I've started so many, and maxed the time limit on most of them. Guaranteed I've spent over 1000 hours on that game over the years.

Thanks. xD

I played it on a friends PSP.

I haven't played any of the FF's for DS.

No. Never even played Disgaea. xD
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

#19 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Holy Kensai @ August 13, 2009 03:04 pm)
No. Never even played Disgaea. xD

Oh sorry, spelt it wrong.

Dissidia. That's it, I think.

Dissidia FF.

My mind was wandering xD

#20 Ryrumeli

Ryrumeli

Hit by a meteor

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:13 PM

Yes, I got Disgaea for the PS2. Pretty nice, not anywhere near some masterpieces... But it manages to give some tactics gameplay without being overly pretentious.

It isn't the best tactics game around, but at least it proves to you it didn't plan on being the best, only being fun. And for me it did it. happy.gif

Edit: LOL. Ok. XD Dissida? My GF got it. She got it while it was still in japanese. She said it was pretty good, but... She liked Radiant Mythology, which is also a game in which you go around worlds getting characters the fanbase love to defeat a generic evil, so... tongue.gif
user posted image
QUOTE (Akaihinata)

QUOTE (Holy Kensai)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users