Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  acceptance : (15 June 2018 - 07:05 PM) Keep the spirit of Sly Cooper alive through Ghost of whatever-the-shit.
@  acceptance : (15 June 2018 - 06:55 PM) Also the fact that people are excited for a Sucker Punch game in 2018.
@  acceptance : (15 June 2018 - 06:41 PM) The fact that I can actually preorder Kingdom Hearts 3 makes my soul dance.
@  Mig64 : (15 June 2018 - 02:36 AM) I'm not really sure how I feel about it, it felt a bit too different, could either work very well or not work at all, no middle ground.
@  acceptance : (13 June 2018 - 12:44 AM) I'll be honest, I'm completely out of touch with Fire Emblem. I couldn't so much as name a single character past Awakening.
@  Fire Blazer : (12 June 2018 - 10:18 PM) not having super high hopes for it
@  Fire Blazer : (12 June 2018 - 10:18 PM) the names and art are interesting
@  Fire Blazer : (12 June 2018 - 10:18 PM) new FE looks ok
@  Rujio : (12 June 2018 - 09:07 PM) A post on SF refers to "brigade based tiles" and "squad based controls"
@  Mig64 : (12 June 2018 - 07:59 PM) Those generic units following the character give me hope that we can have actual large scale battles instead of turning everything into a glorified skirmish.
@  Mig64 : (12 June 2018 - 07:56 PM) Seems like a very fitting name for the character, then.
@  Rujio : (12 June 2018 - 07:27 PM) oh hey doing more research on that - the "gard" part is in fact cognate with "guard," so Edelgard approximately means Nobility Protector.
@  Rujio : (12 June 2018 - 07:26 PM) (Also, Edelgard is an interesting name - -gard is a common ending for old Germanic feminine given names [think Hildegard] and Edel is German for noble)
@  Rujio : (12 June 2018 - 07:24 PM) The thing I thought might be interesting for gameplay is that it looked like maybe there were "units" that were actually ~a dozen generics. You can see a large group of archers and a large group of mages attack simultaneously.
@  Rujio : (12 June 2018 - 07:24 PM) I appreciate that Edelgard is wearing pants and not exposing her cleavage. These are useful things in battle.
@  Rujio : (12 June 2018 - 07:23 PM) There's not much there.
@  Mig64 : (12 June 2018 - 07:18 PM) Hey, guys, did you watch the Fire Emblem: Three Houses trailer? Thoughts?
@  acceptance : (12 June 2018 - 12:19 AM) Abyss 3DS will never be a thing that makes sense to me lol.
@  Fire Blazer : (11 June 2018 - 08:33 PM) but maybe they'll just remake it from the ground-up one day, who knows
@  Fire Blazer : (11 June 2018 - 08:33 PM) I already played it for PS2 and 3DS, so I think I'd have passed on that

Photo

Support conversations

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GyppyGirl2021

GyppyGirl2021

Urist Stukosbomrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

As someone who is planning on getting this game, I'd like to know how supports work. I heard they were one of the things added to the game (as part of it being a remake of Gaiden), but I don't really know anything else about them.

Urist Stukosbomrek, Herbalist cancels Drink: Interrupted by Hype.

Urist Stukosbomrek has gone stark raving mad!

#2 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:20 PM

So there are two types of supports in Shadows of Valentia. The first is just innate supports, if two characters who have an innate support are within range you get the bonus. These are generally pretty small but every bit helps. Next is are supports that can be leveled up, there's not too many of them but they come with support conversations and go from C to A. If the two characters are within 3 spaces (IIRC) from the enemy when defeating it you gain points towards the support. When you get enough you can activate the convo in battle to progress it. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#3 GyppyGirl2021

GyppyGirl2021

Urist Stukosbomrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:22 PM

So there are two types of supports in Shadows of Valentia. The first is just innate supports, if two characters who have an innate support are within range you get the bonus. These are generally pretty small but every bit helps. Next is are supports that can be leveled up, there's not too many of them but they come with support conversations and go from C to A. If the two characters are within 3 spaces (IIRC) from the enemy when defeating it you gain points towards the support. When you get enough you can activate the convo in battle to progress it. 

So in other words, the support conversation system works a bit more like classic FE games, as opposed to Awakening's support style?

Also, is there a limit to how many supports you can have on a character (not counting innate supports), or is that limit determined by who they can support with?

#4 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:56 PM

No limit on the amount of supports you can get. Conversation ones are very limited though, only around 1 for most characters.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#5 GyppyGirl2021

GyppyGirl2021

Urist Stukosbomrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

No limit on the amount of supports you can get. Conversation ones are very limited though, only around 1 for most characters.

Alright, I had a feeling it was like that. XD

Thanks for answering my questions!

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

really, it felt like there were more for quite a few

but maybe I'm wrong, oh well

it's nice that they added them, and I dig a low number of decent ones rather than them being all over the place in quality and style and such, though that's personal pref

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:43 AM

As long as the devs were going for quality over quantity, I'm fine with a lack of supports.

IUfb9Eg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users