Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

First Attemps

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:video games, reading, sleeping, eating

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:30 AM

Another fairly simple splice I did. I think it turned out pretty decent.

His name is Nathan.

user posted image
user posted image
Created by Blood Falcon. Thanks for the excellent work!

#62 Ryoji

Ryoji

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:35 AM

Looks pretty clean to me. His expression is comical for some reason to me. He looks sarcastic

#63 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:38 AM

any comments on paul on page 4?
user posted image

#64 Ryoji

Ryoji

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:42 AM

0_0 your mugs look so clean compared to mine >_>

Looks good but like his hair coming down to his face in the middle looks off for some reason.

#65 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (Ryoji @ Aug 14 2011, 08:42 PM)
0_0 your mugs look so clean compared to mine >_>

Looks good but like his hair coming down to his face in the middle looks off for some reason.

Haha thanks. I think it may not be cenetered right, but meh. I kinda like it how it is.
user posted image

#66 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

Ok so i've been having fun with this fairly simple splices as of late (mainly becuase I really like how they are turning out) so I did another one.

His name is Joseph

user posted image
user posted image

#67 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:I play rugby and run cross country. Beyond that I act and I read alot.

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:59 PM

Joseph: Trim looks kinda wacky. For colors other than gold or silver the trim is always really tricky, it's not done how it is normally. I've never gotten a different color trim to look nice. Where his neck meets his armor it also looks a little funny, like you used too much of the outline color maybe.

Nathan: Wow, that is a very long neck. Also, he has a random outline color pixel under the left (our point of view) eye. His beard also looks a little funny I think, not positive about that.

Paul: I don't know why but I really like that one. The color scheme works really well. But, his cloak thing? Waaaay too symmetrical, pretty sure you just flipped the left cloak and put it on his right side, right? There should be some differences between the two sides. Also, the hair, blonde hair is extremely tricky to work with (any lighter colors are) if you look at the edge of his hair where it meets his forehead there's too much of the darkest color. Reference some other blonde people to see how to do it right.

#68 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Sea Lion @ Aug 17 2011, 10:59 AM)
Joseph: Trim looks kinda wacky. For colors other than gold or silver the trim is always really tricky, it's not done how it is normally. I've never gotten a different color trim to look nice. Where his neck meets his armor it also looks a little funny, like you used too much of the outline color maybe.

Nathan: Wow, that is a very long neck. Also, he has a random outline color pixel under the left (our point of view) eye. His beard also looks a little funny I think, not positive about that.

Paul: I don't know why but I really like that one. The color scheme works really well. But, his cloak thing? Waaaay too symmetrical, pretty sure you just flipped the left cloak and put it on his right side, right? There should be some differences between the two sides. Also, the hair, blonde hair is extremely tricky to work with (any lighter colors are) if you look at the edge of his hair where it meets his forehead there's too much of the darkest color. Reference some other blonde people to see how to do it right.

Hmm, well unfortunately I like most of the stuff I did, so a lot of it isn't going to change (like the trim, and Paul's cloak -yes all I did was copy it to the other side), but I'll try and do better on the hair. I may end up just changing it to another color though. Some of the hair may seem off though because I've done some hair splicing. Well time to edit these guys.

edit: Ok here are the updates on Joseph and Paul. Nathan isn't really much of a concern (other than 1 pixel I fixed).

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

#69 Ryoji

Ryoji

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:15 PM

Well I mean, I would sugguest you take the advice about the trim and the cloak...like most people here know what theyre talking about, and as far as the trim, it looks, well, it doesnt match the mug at all really. Like it is just sugguested to use regular trim colors. And with the cloak, copying it on both sides is really tacky and not very good ya know?

#70 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:I play rugby and run cross country. Beyond that I act and I read alot.

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:51 AM

Actually, that trim looks a lot better. The blue clashed with the dark green horribly. And I personally really liked paul blonde, but that's your choice.

#71 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

Ok, so I played around a bit and tell me how this looks compared to previous Paul.

user posted image
user posted image

#72 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:39 AM

Liking the cloak a lot more but in the right (opv) side of it looks like there's a line of the outline color going through and the shoulder should end there.

Also for the hair, I'm not sure if this is the right word, but I don't think there's enough contrast between the lightest and the middle color, darken up the middle color a bit.

#73 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (Sea Lion @ Aug 19 2011, 08:39 PM)
Liking the cloak a lot more but in the right (opv) side of it looks like there's a line of the outline color going through and the shoulder should end there.

Also for the hair, I'm not sure if this is the right word, but I don't think there's enough contrast between the lightest and the middle color, darken up the middle color a bit.

Yeah I saw what you meant on the shoulder after I looked at it for a bit (least I hope so). Also how is this shade of blonde on him?

user posted image
user posted image

#74 -|Mark975|-

-|Mark975|-

Spriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Playing games, Hanging out, other stuff

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:20 AM

That looks better compared to the older version.

NarutoUzumaki-TeenKid.png

#75 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:40 AM

Yeah looks a lot better. Something about the hair I still don't quite like, but I can't tell what it is haha.

#76 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

well if you find out whats up leme know so i can edit him lol
user posted image

#77 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:05 AM

Ok so my internet decided to just die on me for a few hours so I decided to make another fairly simple splice while I was bored. I tried to go for an older look (but not super old), and I believe it turned out fairly well. Honestly though I just hope the quality is ok. When I finished him I accidently saved it as a jpeg, but I saved it again as a png. I looked at both files and they were completely different quality, so I hope it's ok.

His name is Oswald.

user posted image
user posted image

#78 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:50 AM

Yep here's another fairly simple one. His name is Bruce.

user posted image
user posted image

#79 -|Mark975|-

-|Mark975|-

Spriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Playing games, Hanging out, other stuff

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:45 AM

That looks alright.

NarutoUzumaki-TeenKid.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users