Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Problems with promoting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OmnisScio

OmnisScio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Video Games

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:56 AM

Greetings

There are three characters that have custom promotion paths for various reasons, and each one behaves differently. None of them behave the way I want hem to. For each of these, I have altered what the class promotes to in the [Promotion branch editor] nightmare module, then created three custom promotion class lists in the [Promotion pointer editor] module, then repointed the respective promotion items to those addresses in the [Promotion item editor] and [Ocean seal promotion editor] modules.

Firstly, I'm changing Amelia's promotion path to recruit -> Soldier -> general. The soldier to general (F) was added to the list of classes for the knights crest to promote. Upon testing, what happens is the promotion works correctly, except the animation doesn't play at all (the light show of the class change plus the showing what stats have improved).

Secondly, I've added Serra into the game, she is to be a monk, but I cannot use the monk class as changing the battle animation to Serra's version (with the long pigtail hair) would change all the enemy ones as well. So I changed the summoner and summoner (F) classes to be functionally monk and bishop, and added them to the new guiding ring promotion list. When testing, I get a choice of promotion to either sage or bishop (which is wrong since i told the promotion branch editor that summoner promoted to summoner (F)), and the bishop is the male version, not the Serra version.

Finally, I want to add Cath, since there is no thief (F) class, I changed Mercenary (F) to be that class. What happens here is the game freezes with a loud buzzing noise when I try to promote her.

EDIT: A problem of this magnitude and ambiguity can only really be solved by the person who has the problem in the first place, for they are the only ones with a deep enough understanding of what they have done. After poking around with it a bit, I've brought it down to a much more manageable level. I learnt that the class number field in the class editor influences promotions. So the promotions work correctly now.
The problems I now have are mostly cosmetic.
Firstly, that class number field also effects the map sprite when that unit is highlighted. For example, the summoner class is being used for Serra's personal monk class. She looks like a monk on the field, but when highlighted (placing the cursor on her), looks like a summoner. I would like to know how to fix this.
Also, the soldier still has no animation when promoting into a general.

One final thing, is there a way to allow S rank mastery of more than one weapon type?

EDIT 2: I poked around a bit more and found the map sprite editor modules. After using it, the map sprites do indeed work properly, unfortunately, literally everything else goes wrong. For example, I changed the summoner map sprite to be the monk sprite. Doing this caused the battle sprite to become the female thief sprite with weird animations. In battle no damage is done to the enemies (even if it had, it would not kill them), then when combat ends, the enemy dies.

Also, the female thief promoting glitches (freeze with loud buzz) if the thief is unarmed, but works fine if they have a sword.

EDIT 3: female thief disarmed glitch happens anytime the thief is disarmed and goes into combat, not just promotion.
The dodge animation works, if she has swords equiped, and an enemy attacks her long range, she dodges it. But if no sword is equiped, glitch, even though the same animation should be used.

#2 El Grillo

El Grillo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:03 AM

Sorry, I can't respond to all of your questions. However, in terms of the map movement/selection sprite, there's a separate Nightmare module called the Standing Map Sprite Editor, under Map-Related Editors and Map Sprite Editors.

For the ensuing glitches, it sounds like you have an incorrect offset somewhere. Could you try going back to an earlier backup and making only the map sprite changes?

Not sure what's going with the combat animations, I haven't tried anything along those lines.
See my work in progress here: In Contempt of Contrition, via Google Drive

Latest update: Ch1 Test v1.2
Updated 04/21/14
+ Visual updates
+ Fixed a potentially out-of-sequence event bug
+ Fixed typos

Full Changelog: via Google Drive
Save Files: via Google Drive

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

Oh my gosh, this post is a bit too chaotic. If you're going to ask a lot of different things like this and want help, please organize your post a bit. Posting screenshots also helps--right now looking at it kind of gives me a headache, no offense but there's so many edits an so much text in general it just kinda confuses my brain. ._.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 OmnisScio

OmnisScio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Video Games

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

I apologize for the chaotic nature of this post. This became a personal brainstorming thread I suppose, as I solved most of these issues myself shortly after making the post. I guess articulating the problem helped me solve it. I decided to leave these edits like this rather than overwriting what I had already done in case someone else had these problems also, they would see what I was having a problem with, then the solution.

At this point in time, the only questions I have are:
How do allow S rank of more than one weapon type?
How do I modify the secret characters?
How do I add abilities like pick and great shield? (and don't direct me to the four ability slots that each character and each class have, those abilities must be handled differently. I've been very thorough about searching for this problems solution, It is not in those ability slots.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users