Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

New Moderators Decided On

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:56 AM

Hi all,

First of all, I hate my life. Why? Because I spent like 20 minutes or some stupid amount of time typing an awesome/witty post only for it to go down to the drain to some kind of finger error that somehow resulted in my leaving the page and losing my post.

Dangit all.

Second of all, the tl;dr is at the bottom if you want to read that instead of my usual long post.

That aside. OK. New forums, new moderators. Old ones? Gone. Except those with special positions (Seraph, Shu and I; Seraph is really just an honorary staff member and isn't expected to do anything lol, Shu and I are admins and we'll mod if we see stuff but have other responsibilities, namely graphics and webmaster/administration stuff respectively).

Who are new mods?

Kirant: veteran, smart, trusted member/friend. well, I trust him, but I can't say the opposite holds true... since I took his Cordelia icon and he probably will hate me until I return it to him (plz confirm/deny Kirant lolol).

Surprise: Cero. I know he seems like an immature little jerk but I think he can step up to the plate, he's just that kind of person. That being said I could say that about a lot of members, so let me also add that he is online frequently, contributes quite a bit, has been around for a while, and I can contact him easily. Also, he's helped out multiple times with FES stuff recently, such as administration stuff, giving critique, and heading up the FES Smash Tourney (with my supervision), which has taken a small load off of me and allowed me to focus on other, more important things (no offense but there are just some things that only I can really do and I legitimately appreciate every little bit of help I get... and I am very picky about my help/the quality of it so yeah).

Two important notes about the moderators:

- They are temporary. This technically goes for like, all mods, but what I really mean is... they're already treading on thin ice, or something. I'm pretty much not going to be very lenient in the sense that if they suddenly disappear for 2 weeks/fail to do their job when it's right there, I might reverse things. Granted. I seriously do not expect to, but in the past we have had people kind of not work out as moderators, and I think a lot of this has to do with the mentality of being a moderator and how it's kind of a volunteer job that few people actually like to do. It's kind of being like the police: you get a shiny badge and all but some people just inherently see you as the bad guy even when you're just trying to uphold the peace. Though there ARE moderators/policemen and policewomen who are just straight up jerks too. Anyhow, I picked people who I thought wouldn't have this problem. They are both cool people and you should really treat them no differently than when they didn't have the shiny badge... especially because they don't even have a shiny badge yet #WorkingOnIt but at the same time, I don't want a long period where we effectively only have 1 moderator because all the other ones aren't actually here. That's all I really mean. If I need to, I will replace them, and that's that, it's no biggie, it's just a matter of making sure the forum actually has moderators. Maybe I can get bb to take his seat on the throne again

- They are both global mods. No more section mods. Feels unnecessary right now, especially given we have less forum clutter than before. I don't think it would be very productive or efficient to restrict moderators to certain areas. Instead, I want them to just moderate whatever posts they feel like visiting. Between two dedicated moderators and two admins, I think we should be capable of covering most of the forum and spotting any problems in a decent time-frame. :)

I think I had some other stuff to say but this is the second freaking time I typed up something about the new moderators so I'm pretty much at my wits' end. I need a freaking break. Farewell and don't forget to congratulate the new mods.

tl;dr

- New mods are Kirant and Cero

- Believe it

- Trust in the you that trusts in the me that trusts in them

- Willing to replace quickly in case it doesn't work out, nothing personal I just want mods actually on the forum (I don't think this will be a problem in the least/anytime soon though)

- Both global moderators, say bye-bye to section mods, at least for now

- As usual, Shu and I will support with moderating as we can/feel like it (Seraph is just staff in name due to his long history with the site)

- Congratulate the new mods

- Feel free to ask any question, make suggestions, rage, etc.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Felicity

Felicity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:07 AM

Put up IPC mod D: >w>

Hee hee hee ~

=w= And weally ? Cero :'> HAR HAR HAR ^o^v

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:32 AM

IPC mod? what's that

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 Felicity

Felicity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:35 AM

IP Chat :I Pweaseeeee >.<

#5 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:45 AM

Congrats to Cero as well! Here's hoping that the Shrine shall flourish under its newly appointed subleaders. Subleaders? Yeah, we're going with subleaders.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#6 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:42 AM

I'm really feeling the confidence from you guys.

There isn't really a need for a dedicated IP chat mod. Especially since were still not super active again yet. If someone is being a dick just report them.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#7 Felicity

Felicity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:48 AM

I thought Blazey maximized the chat room's limit o-e

Awright Awright * walks away * u-u

#8 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:21 AM

I see that damned Naruto joke yet... I see that Kamina reference so I guess you're off the hook this time.

Keep up the good work you too. 

Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#9 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:08 AM

Congrats moderator people. Here's to hoping you both so well ^^

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

yeah we don't need an IP Chat moderator, it'd be too hard to keep an active one anyhow. just report stuff like Cero said. though his choice of language is poor

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 Felicity

Felicity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:34 PM

My internet dreaaaaaaams = . = <///3

#12 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:40 PM

Maybe I can get bb to take his seat on the throne again

All you have to do is ask :P

I still wear the crown anyways.

-

Congrats to the new guys! They deserve it :P

#13 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:42 PM

We're doomed. WE'RE DOOOOOOOMED.

Just kidding, congrats Cero, congrats Kirant, hope you do a good job, don't go banning people just because, this isn't the skype chat.

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#14 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:13 PM

Just kidding, congrats Cero, congrats Kirant, hope you do a good job, don't go banning people just because, this isn't the skype chat.

I made it pretty clear to Cero to take it seriously, I will demote him so fast speed dial would be put to shame. Not that anyone I know really uses that anymore, I think most people have this thing called "Favorites".

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#15 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:06 PM

Snow, we all know I'm not you. lol

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#16 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:19 PM

tbf Snow does a looot of kicking and finds it amusing wouldn't want him as a doctor, he'd probably randomly poke with me stuff while chuckling to himself

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#17 Felicity

Felicity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:08 PM

What about me ?! D: >----> 

u-u

Rolls around Rolls around Rolls around 

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:42 PM

What about me ?! D: >----> 

u-u

Rolls around Rolls around Rolls around 

what? what about you?

don't make pointless posts it's considered spam and against the rules

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Drawing, Video Games ( mostly themed to anime ), Monologues, Story Writing, Originalism

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:49 AM

Congratulations towards the two ( temp ) moderators. Hope you can do a good ( but not serious ) job.

Is Blazer out of the admin position?

#20 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:19 AM

Congratulations towards the two ( temp ) moderators. Hope you can do a good ( but not serious ) job.

Is Blazer out of the admin position?

I'm not, I never will be, FES is my second home and its members are my second family (yes you strikethrough'd that comment but I AM RESPONDING SERIOUSLY ANYWAY). I did step down from active moderation duty before/on the old forums but with the new forums I have pretty much no choice but to be active again. That being said, I'll try to leave most things to the mods, but sadly there needs to be some leadership here and if I see something wrong, I'm probably not going to ignore it >>;

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users