Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  xcrash1998 : (26 February 2020 - 09:55 AM) Not anymore
@  Mage Girl : (17 February 2020 - 02:33 AM) I can safely say I'm so far the only person to post to this shoutbox in 2020...
@  Fire Blazer : (24 December 2019 - 03:17 AM) naw, it's when the bots make collaborated efforts to crawl places, lol
@  kirant : (23 December 2019 - 05:20 AM) What do we do on Index Day? Give each other bots?
@  Fire Blazer : (16 December 2019 - 01:39 AM) LOL
@  xcrash1998 : (30 November 2019 - 11:07 PM) New fictional holiday "Index Day"
@  Fire Blazer : (28 November 2019 - 08:52 PM) yeah just guest bots and stuff I think :( we really were active once upon a time though...
@  kirant : (26 November 2019 - 03:48 PM) No invasion. I imagine a lot of guest bots visiting for indexing purposes.
@  xcrash1998 : (26 November 2019 - 02:15 PM) How is most people online at 959 for the 8th of October of this year? Is that right? Did I miss something or was there somekind of spambot invasion?
@  xcrash1998 : (26 November 2019 - 02:06 PM) I know what you mean, it gets awkard to post something unrelated to the current conversation, and even if somebody picks up on it, it would just become a huge mess in the c hatbox if a multitude of groups talk about different topics.
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:45 PM) especially better imo if you want to update on a topic but like only occasionally (e.g. a project you're working on or a let's play of a game)
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) it's hard for me to explain precisely why but forums just like work better for meaningful discussion over a longer period of time ig
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) but that's def just not hte same ig, idk
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) yeah, you can also kind of respond at your own pace on forums. Discord conversations are often like... it's awkward to respond to something that happened a while ago, especially if the server is active, but even just in general. since you sort of need to keep track of multiple conversations at once at times, and it's not like it has a good reply/quote system ala forums, closest thing really is to copy/paste or screenshot the text you're responding to and then type a response below
@  Elwood : (09 November 2019 - 11:29 AM) Adding on to what's been said, I just enjoy the order and structure of the forums. You can look through the threads and know exactly what people are talking about. Conversation get lost and buried on discord which is why I'm not a big fan of it.
@  kirant : (06 November 2019 - 05:31 AM) I enjoy that part of forums too. They become niche communities where you can have very specialized conversations as opposed to the cluttered mess in Discord.
@  Ezra : (31 October 2019 - 01:17 AM) Yeah, part of me wishes I could go back to the times forums were more prevalent. I really enjoyed how even several different forums based off the same franchise could feel so different. It's not like what we now is bad though, I just feel nostalgic for old times.
@  Fire Blazer : (30 October 2019 - 06:39 AM) also forums in general are just not as prevalent, there are so many other ways to interact these days, like Twitter, FB, Tumblr, etc., where you can just throw your thoughts into the void. I think that's the real issue and that the only people rly interested in forums these days are either super dedicated to whatever they're about, have a specific reason/need to (e.g. support forums), or grew up with them and are thus attached to the idea enough to continue to try and use them (this was kinda me for a while lol but things happen, I couldn't keep it up forever)
@  Fire Blazer : (30 October 2019 - 06:36 AM) I've posted on SF for various reasons ofc but in terms of like making friends and stuff it's p. much just been smaller groups/forums, yeah. mainly FES
@  Elwood : (27 October 2019 - 10:08 PM) Only reason I'm even on Serenes was because I had hacking questions. @Ezra yeah I figured it must be an age thing. I've been called an old man by many a child because I use Facebook.

Photo

Girl Gamers

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Mikey

Mikey

Lord of the Blood Elves

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:11 PM

Do you know one? Are you one? When you have played with one have you lost to them? I have yet to lose to a girl at a video game. They are rare in this day and age.

What is your overall opinion of the "Girl Gamer"?
user posted image

#2 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

Lol Soren is a Girl...
Posted Image

#3 Soviet Comrade

Soviet Comrade

Mega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:???????????? ??????????

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:45 PM

Prepare to be pwnt by Soren!

#4 Mikey

Mikey

Lord of the Blood Elves

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:08 AM

ohmy.gif ZOMG! BRING IT ON!!!!
user posted image

#5 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:42 PM

My sister hands my ass to me on Brawl sometimes. She's surprisingly good with Peach.

xD

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#6 DH_Ninja

DH_Ninja

Pro Lurker

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:14 AM

Very few. I played this really good sheik player at a smash bros melee tournament once. She was hard to beat. Especally since I main Zelda.

#7 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Being possibly the most awesome person in the world would be my interests, yes.

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:23 AM

I don't game like some I've seen, but if I had more money... HELL YES. I would be the epitome of one.

((what's so weird about Girl Gamers anyhow o_o))
user posted image

#8 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:18 PM

Wait, so, Charon, are you female or male?

Same as DH, my sister is too young and the only other girl I've played is Soren, although I've seen girl gamers at brawl tournaments I've never played them.

I have lost to Soren, but I don't find losing to a girl a big deal.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#9 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:29 PM

I have never seen a girl play a video game or played a girl gamer in anything. I don't know why.

#10 Tino

Tino

Omega Member

• Veterans
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

I don't know why girls would be any different when it comes to playing video games than boys. They probably game in smaller amounts, but that doesn't mean they are immediately worse at gaming (which is a very wide term, by the way)...

Anyway, I've gamed with girls many times. I don't understand what people always seem to think is so special about that.

#11 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Tino @ May 03, 2009 08:41 am)
I don't know why girls would be any different when it comes to playing video games than boys. They probably game in smaller amounts, but that doesn't mean they are immediately worse at gaming (which is a very wide term, by the way)...

Anyway, I've gamed with girls many times. I don't understand what people always seem to think is so special about that.

because a lot of the girls I know, would never play video games. I dont think that girls around the USA plays video games because they are to "busy".

#12 Tino

Tino

Omega Member

• Veterans
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:49 PM

I think most of the people play a videogame at least a few times per week. I don't game a lot, but I do play a game from time to time (Mount & Blade and other strategy games, mainly, but also FPSes). Most girls I know also play a video game at least one or two times a week.

I'm also a very busy person, yet I can still find time to game, to have spare time, to post on forums, et cetera. The same applies to all those girls I know who also play games from time to time.

#13 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Being possibly the most awesome person in the world would be my interests, yes.

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ May 03, 2009 07:18 am)
Wait, so, Charon, are you female or male?

Yeah, thought that would be assumed by the way I phrased my post.

Anyhow, I think that a lot of other girls just tend to do other things, such as writing their names 100000 times in their notebooks or asking guys out on dates that will last shorter than the question itself.

But I know some girl gamers besides myself. Not many, however. Hell, if I had more money, there would be faces being wiped acrossed floors, mind you XD
user posted image

#14 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Tino @ May 03, 2009 08:49 am)
I think most of the people play a videogame at least a few times per week. I don't game a lot, but I do play a game from time to time (Mount & Blade and other strategy games, mainly, but also FPSes). Most girls I know also play a video game at least one or two times a week.

I'm also a very busy person, yet I can still find time to game, to have spare time, to post on forums, et cetera. The same applies to all those girls I know who also play games from time to time.

.... people play video games in the week? Jeez where did my childhood go? I have not play a video game in 2 months.

#15 Tino

Tino

Omega Member

• Veterans
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:53 PM

Umm... Yeah. That's what I said. It's a relief to have it confirmed that you can read.

Your point?

#16 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (Tino @ May 03, 2009 08:53 am)
Umm... Yeah. That's what I said. It's a relief to have it confirmed that you can read.

Your point?

My point is that, Girls dont have time to play video games, well, if your "cool". I really dont think I will never meet a girl IRL that plays video games.

#17 Tino

Tino

Omega Member

• Veterans
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:01 PM

Most of the girls I associate with could be considered of the "cool" type you mean.

But this is a fairly useless discussion, so I'll leave it at this.

#18 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Suzaku @ May 03, 2009 07:56 am)
QUOTE (Tino @ May 03, 2009 08:53 am)

Your point?

My point is that, Girls dont have time to play video games, well, if your "cool". I really dont think I will never meet a girl IRL that plays video games.

They do, its just that many would prefer to do other things. Like write their names 100000 times in a notebook. With pretty pens. Yes, they are pretteh.

In popularity land, that makes you cool!

The video games I do play, I play them to their destruction :D
user posted image

#19 Rennac

Rennac

Hello.

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:36 PM

The video games I do play, I play them to their destruction biggrin.gif

One of my old friends did that once. When he (and I) was ten, he played a crappy Lord of the Rings game for so long it just broke. He also left it on on the charger while he was asleep.

I used to have weird friends.
Pimp my wyvern.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users