Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Best albums ever?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:13 PM

What do you think are some of the best albums ever? (Failing that, favourite)

I think Made In Japan is quite possibly the best live album ever. The sheer power of that concert is awesome, everyone on top form.

#2 Roque Minonovo

Roque Minonovo

Weed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:35 PM

Quite possibly Moving Pictures, or perhaps The Who's Live at Leeds. Both of which are amazing albums, and I think Live at Leeds really shows what The Who were capable of back in the day.

Oh, and I think The Beatles' Yellow Submarine deserves an honorable mention.

#3 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:09 PM

I think Motley Crue's Album Girls Girls Girls is one of the best ever made.

#4 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (Minonovo @ February 07, 2009 05:35 pm)
Quite possibly Moving Pictures, or perhaps The Who's Live at Leeds. Both of which are amazing albums, and I think Live at Leeds really shows what The Who were capable of back in the day.

Oh, and I think The Beatles' Yellow Submarine deserves an honorable mention.

I love Live At Leeds

and Sgt.Pepper's > Yellow Submarine

I'd also put Hendrix's Are You Experienced? as a great album.

#5 Death

Death

I AM FAIL

• Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

Leaving Your Body Map by the lovely maudlin of the well, or perhaps Dowsing Anemone With Copper Tongue by Kayo Dot, both of those bands sharing members but having very different sounds.

#6 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (Death @ February 12, 2009 05:36 pm)
Leaving Your Body Map by the lovely maudlin of the well, or perhaps Dowsing Anemone With Copper Tongue by Kayo Dot, both of those bands sharing members but having very different sounds.

As I know neither of these two bands or their works, I wouldn't mind some information, as I'm curious. Always trying to listen to some new stuff.

#7 Death

Death

I AM FAIL

• Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (The Ancient Mariner @ February 12, 2009 03:36 pm)
QUOTE (Death @ February 12, 2009 05:36 pm)

As I know neither of these two bands or their works, I wouldn't mind some information, as I'm curious. Always trying to listen to some new stuff.

It is my pleasure to introduce you to these two amazing projects.

maudlin of the Well is an avant-garde metal group stretching from the mid-90's to their split in 2003, though they have just gotten back together to release on last album which has been completely financed by devoted fans. They are known for a few things, one being that a lot of their material is gained through lucid dreaming, another is for having the almost undisputed God of avant-garde music, Toby Driver. They have released 3 albums so far, each slightly similar in the way that it is obviously motW, but also each having their own distinct sound. I would recommend all three released albums by them, but as far as how heavy each is, I believe it would be something like My Fruit Psychobells... A Seed Combustible > Leaving Your Body Map > Bath.

Kayo Dot is also amazing avant-garde metal featuring the gifted Toby Driver, but it is also quite experimental (an experiment which, imo, worked perfectly). It's a big step from motW, but beautiful in its own way if you really "get it". Some of the songs are heavier than anything motW can put out simply using the violin. It should be noted that Kayo Dot and motW are technically the same band, but after so many people left motW for various reasons, the name was changed as well as the direction (to the music that Driver really wanted to create). I won't even compare their albums to one another because it is too extraordinary a difference, but I'll say that the newest, Blue Lambency Downward, it actually avant-garde jazz as opposed to metal.

Just trust me, download Wayfarer, Gemini Becoming the Tripod, and Right Hand Is The One I Want by Kayo Dot, and then Gleam in Ranks, Interlude 4, and Heaven and Weak by motW.

Though uhh.. normally I take people along slowly, otherwise their tastes from what they normally listen to interfere with how they are able to get into this, so you may want to download Ambugaton by Sleepytime Gorilla Museum and listen to that one time first.

#8 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:06 PM

Well, thanks for that, I'll try getting some tracks when I go somewhere with broadband (hopefully this weekend).

#9 Zanryu

Zanryu

? Thank You, Pain.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

My favourite album... I can't pick an overall favourite, only favourites from each band. D:

But... I'll give it a shot. =X

Hmmm...

Currently I'm obsessed with Edguy. Again.

I'm gonna say either Mandrake or Tinnitus Sanctus, both by Edguy.
Kill - Win - Live - Die
Gráficos Santuario, the English spriting board with a Spanish flare.

user posted image user posted image user posted image
user posted image user posted image
Credit to Aeorys for the sig.

#10 Green

Green

hello world this be luka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:56 AM

Recovery

#11 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

Porcupine Tree's "Arriving Somewhere" live album has to beone of the best live performances I've heard. It's really good.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#12 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

Led Zeppelin IV
The Chronic
Rumours

Just a few more to add.

#13 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

Children of Bodoms first three albums deserve to be up there.

In the power metal genre, Stratovarius' "Visions" for sure, nothing theyve made since then has been any good.

With my biased hat on, anything Opeth have made
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#14 Tino

Tino

Omega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:43 PM

What's with the necroposting?

Anyway, I think I'll go with one of Eminem's first albums, The Slim Shady LP.

#15 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:28 PM

I miss the old Eminem, he's lost a lot of the anger that he had back in his early career.

Songs like Not Afraid just don't seem as good as say, Lose Yourself etc...
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#16 Green

Green

hello world this be luka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:25 AM

Yeah, he seems little bit more sadder. Difficult was really depressing. sad.gif

#17 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:02 PM

user posted image
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#18 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Being possibly the most awesome person in the world would be my interests, yes.

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

I would say a lot of stuff from the 60's-70's, but a lot of your responses are fairly new... I usually don't listen to recent music but if there's one album released in the last 10 years that I just love...

Demon Days. *runs*
user posted image

#19 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

Kids With Guns
El Manana
Feel Good. inc
All Alone
etc

It's a great album and was amazing to see the Gorillaz live! 25 piece live band along with Daman Albarn, Mark E Smith and Little Dragon all on stage
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#20 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Being possibly the most awesome person in the world would be my interests, yes.

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

I know, right! People get really weird about the Gorrilaz though, so I get a wee bit embarrassed...
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users