Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Draft 1 - Video Games

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: So, which collection would you play? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

So, which collection would you play?

1. Naengmyun (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. bblues (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. Snow (1 votes [9.09%])

4. iosac g the bestest hero ever (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Kirant (1 votes [9.09%])

6. SmashedFish (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

7. Oblivion Knight (1 votes [9.09%])

8. Blazer (1 votes [9.09%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

List of picks:

Naengmyun (Portal 2, Far Cry 3, Wii Sports, Yggdra Union, Persona 4 Arena, Catherine, Final Fantasy 10, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves)

bblues (Super Mario 64, The Last of Us, Football Manager 2013, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Super Street Fighter IV, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Mass Effect 2, Borderlands 2)

Snow (Megaman Zero, Dark Souls 2, Super Mario Strikers, Valkyria Chronicles, Sonic Battle, Crazy Machines, Tales of Symphonia 2, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier)

iosac g the bestest hero ever (Crash Bandicoot 3, Shadow of the Colossus, Fifa 14, Age of Empires II, Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma, Professor Layton and the Lost Future, Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age, Half-Life)

Kirant (LittleBigPlanet, Red Dead Redemption, MLB Power Pros, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Danganronpa: Trigger-Happy Havoc, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Bioshock)

SmashedFish (Super Mario Bros. 3, Kingdom Hearts, Punch Out (Wii), Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Skullgirls, Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, Pokemon Platinum, Left 4 Dead 2)

Oblivion Knight (Banjo Kazooie, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, NBA Street V3, Pikmin, Mortal Kombat: Deception, 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, Persona 3: FES, Team Fortress 2)

Blazer (Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101, Burnout 3: Takedown, Starcraft II, Act Cadenza Strife, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, The World Ends With You, Titanfall)

---

Right, so voting is obviously open to everyone. Just pick a set, it'd be nice if you explained why you picked said set too. Don't vote for yourself.

---

Discussion:
How could we improve this?
Who's still in to do more? We've had some activity issues.
Anyone else want to join?
Are we going round 2, or should we move on to a different draft?

Other things:
Would you have gone back and changed anything? Maybe you've played something new? Was there a steal/reach at any point in your eyes?

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

I voted for bb's, though Fish's and Kirant's were also close

Generally all nice picks though, looking at the list, I haven't played a lot of the games, which shows just how little free time and money I havehow vast the gaming industry can be sometimes

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:41 AM

Crap. I was supposed to pick based on what OTHERS found fun?

Well then.... ph34r.gif

My vote went to bblues as well. While there were picks I didn't agree with from each set, the games I objected to from bblues' list were the easiest ones for me to reconcile with. With a couple top tier selections and a couple good steals, it's hard to get past that.

As per the discussion...:

How could we improve this? - Boobs. Alternatively, have people PM/e-mail the next in line so they know it's their turn.
Are we going round 2, or should we move on to a different draft? - I'm good with round 2 since this was pretty much "what's your favourite [x]".

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:55 AM

How could we improve this? - Boobs. Alternatively, have people PM/e-mail the next in line so they know it's their turn.
Are we going round 2, or should we move on to a different draft? - I'm good with round 2 since this was pretty much "what's your favourite [x]".

lmao

I'm down for PMing people if they're ever more than 24 hours late or something

as well as just sort of laying down the law about people being late beforehand--like, "take this seriously even if it's just a draft because it hurts the enjoyment of some people otherwise"

And once again, I'm totez down for a round 2, I platonic-ally love video games, but I won't object to a different draft.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (kirant @ May 30 2014, 02:41 AM)
Crap.  I was supposed to pick based on what OTHERS found fun?

Haha, nah. I didn't, I was just curious who liked what. Besides, picking on what others like is bound to fail at times.

My vote went to bblues as well.  While there were picks I didn't agree with from each set, the games I objected to from bblues' list were the easiest ones for me to reconcile with.  With a couple top tier selections and a couple good steals, it's hard to get past that. 

Curious on what you thought were the steals/top tier. I know the steal in your picks was Danganronpa imo, having only played it recently. I would've picked it for sure. Bioshock at 6 as well.

As per the discussion...:

How could we improve this? - Boobs.  Alternatively, have people PM/e-mail the next in line so they know it's their turn. 

I'm down for boobs. And butts. And-*ahem*
Wasn't that basically the fighting round, better post accompanying female fighters next time.

The same 2 for round 2 then. Not that anybody else said anything either time. I mean, we could always do a round 2 *and* something else, just checking to see where people are at with it. So far, round 2 is cool.

I haven't voted yet, I'll post some thoughts and the like later.

#6 V'ren

V'ren

[Dongers Intensifies]

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:ur mum ecksDEEEEEE

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

I dorp'd and picked myself, count that vote for Seraph instead.
It's hard to beat out Crash Bandicoot, Shadow of the Colossus, an Arksys fighter, Golden Sun, and Half-Life.

I'm fine with another vg draft, but I was kinda lacking in the picks already for a few sections. Why not a vg character draft or something based upon our already defined catagories?

If you train your already good sense of proportion and get a better sense of shading and coloring... ...you really have great odds of being the next great customer around this forums and even FEND, congrats. :3

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:36 PM

That's a fair point, some of us have a much larger... selection of games to choose from, to say the least

I can see myself struggling on the Shooters genre and others too if certain picks of mine are taken XP

In a way, pretty much everyone needs to agree, if only half of us can do it idk if there's much point in it

I'll be honest the biggest draw of the draft is the vgame element, I can't guarantee I'll be as interested once it revolves around books or TV shows or sports or something tongue.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

I like the sound of a vg character draft, though I'm not sure how the picking would go (unless it's just straight up pick characters).

I have enough for a round two, I think the struggle is part of the fun. But it might be nice to change tack a little.

-

Voted Oblivion, Fish in a very close second. I'm not big on either of the shooters, and P3, BK, GTA:SA and Street V3 just edged it over KH, FE9, AAI and Pokeymanz.

Steals imo: Blazblue CP at #8, Danganronpa at #8, Bioshock at #6. Those were probably all my #2 choice, bar Dangan, which I hadn't played.

Would've gone back and possibly picked GTA V, although I'm not sure whether it is 'better'. It's a timesink, a good one at that, but I don't know...

Puzzle/Adventure, I would've picked Dangan if I turned the clock back.

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:59 PM

Video Game Character Draft

Best Design (combination of looks and costume design and such, who's got a unique or otherwise likeable visual design)

Best Badass (essentially, who is your favorite badass character)

Best NPC Character (e.g. someone who's not a protagonist or antagonist, like someone who helps you, maybe an optional boss, but they can't be a member of your party OR in opposition to you like an antagonist)

Most Beautiful Character (based purely on looks/what's attractive and such, most likely different from Best Design)

Best Theme Song (self-explanatory)

Best Traitor (who's got the best moment for when they turn traitor and become a "bad-guy"--the details are meh, as long as they go from being on your side to being on the enemy side, it'll probably count)

Most Annoying (e.g. Mieu from Tales of the Abyss, i.e. an annoying mascot character with a high voice, maybe a tsundere character who just pisses you off with their personality, or someone who's too idealistic and pisses you off that way)

Most Weird or Creepy (e.g. someone with a very crazy, "out-there" personality, or a non-human character like Monokuma, maybe someone with a weird design like the legless Rayman, or maybe someone with just weird habits or tendencies...)

Most OP Character (that character who's just way overpowered, can wreck stuff on his own or carries the team, or maybe he's just a freak, like Yuri from Tales of Vesperia, a sports player in a sports game, idk)

Deepest Character (for that character that has a deep personality, backstory, or whatever--maybe someone who's gone through a lot but still drags on, or someone who's got a lot of insight into things... the opposite of a shallow character, to put it another way)

Overall Favorite Character (your overall favorite character--that one that maybe you look up to or just screams awesome or whatever. Doesn't matter why they're your favorite, only that they're your favorite.)

Some category possibilities. Hopefully this helps or inspires you to think of better ones or something.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:15 AM

Bump.

#11 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:40 AM

How can there be only 6 votes, when there's 9 people that participated in the draft. lol

My main complaint with this was waiting for other people to get on and reply with thier choice. I understand people can be busy sometimes, but you probably shouldn't sign up for this thing if you anticipate you'll be busy in the near future (or at the very least tell people you'll be late so they can just skip over you until you get back). I mean most of the time, the concept of drafting is supposed to be fast, ala sports.

There's a lot less fun about it when you're waiting days on end for the one person ahead of you to log on to literally type 1 line of text at most before you can continue on with posting your draft choice. 

IMO if we look to do a new one of these we need to be more strict with skipping people if they're missing/people need to be responsive on if they'll be late and accepting if they'll just get pushed back with their choice and risk someone snatching up what game they were thinking of. 

Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#12 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:48 PM

How can there be only 6 votes, when there's 9 people that participated in the draft. lol

Well, given the time it took to get people to pick, it doesn't surprise me.

I agree that it was a pain trying to harass people into posting - something to look at if we do it again. I wanted to originally do it as a skype call/off-topic FES pod, as it would've made the experience more 'draft-like' and organic with the chat about each pick when it was made.

I'd still really like to do one in that vein, but text is fine.

#13 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:00 PM

I totally did not vote for myself.

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#14 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:53 PM

because FES logic (and I counted 8)

I totally did not vote for myself.

isn't that not allowed? I don't actually remember but considering I said I voted for bb...

I'd still really like to do one in that vein, but text is fine.

this sounds like a great idea, but it requires everyone to actually get on and be willing to participate, and have a few hours. it's one thing to do it with like 4 people, but if we want 8 or more people to participate, then we need the benefit/"convenience" of forums in that people can respond on their own time (albeit it takes like a 100 times longer)

well anyhow, I'd totally be up for both (a forum one and a skype one), let's just do somethin' haha

I think with the forums being a bit more active and with some more strict restrictions/rules on commitment/skipping people, it should be a bit faster/more successful than last time. just say that people who won't check pretty much every day shouldn't participate, and that we reserve the right to skip your turn if you don't post within 24 hours of the last one. we can still make a small effort to nudge people, but it's not that hard to, at the very least, get on your phone and do your pick. and people can have a few picks for each category ready before-hand so they don't have to spend 30 minutes debating right before they post

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#15 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

Right, so voting is obviously open to everyone. Just pick a set, it'd be nice if you explained why you picked said set too. Don't vote for yourself.

Guys pls

I went bblues, myself. It was close, but Maro 64, FFTA, and Ghost Trick are solid, and I've heard enough good about BL2 to seal the deal.

I love how I drafted PoR despite that being one of the many FEs I haven't played lol

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#16 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:49 AM

I went with Scott, as I really liked his line up. All of the titles I played at some point and really enjoyed. bb was also up there as a potential choice. I remember being glad that Kirant picked MLB Power Pros as I'm glad one of my more favorite sport games was actually known by someone not me. lol

I love how I drafted PoR despite that being one of the many FEs I haven't played lol

I want my vote back. >: 

Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#17 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:16 PM

this sounds like a great idea, but it requires everyone to actually get on and be willing to participate, and have a few hours. it's one thing to do it with like 4 people, but if we want 8 or more people to participate, then we need the benefit/"convenience" of forums in that people can respond on their own time (albeit it takes like a 100 times longer)

well anyhow, I'd totally be up for both (a forum one and a skype one), let's just do somethin' haha

I think with the forums being a bit more active and with some more strict restrictions/rules on commitment/skipping people, it should be a bit faster/more successful than last time. just say that people who won't check pretty much every day shouldn't participate, and that we reserve the right to skip your turn if you don't post within 24 hours of the last one. we can still make a small effort to nudge people, but it's not that hard to, at the very least, get on your phone and do your pick. and people can have a few picks for each category ready before-hand so they don't have to spend 30 minutes debating right before they post

Yeah, I'd have said maybe 4-6 for doing it on a call - if you want it at a decent length. Probably some prep work before (get them draft boards).

We can do both, I'm not against that. And yeah, probably best to put that sort of rule in next time.

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:44 PM

LOL this shouldn't be allowed

like actually, otherwise we could vote all these games we've never played

well, I guess if you watched an entire Let's Play of it, that'd be ok, but still, that's somehow kinda lame (since watching a game isn't the same as playing it yourself)

EDIT:

Yeah, I'd have said maybe 4-6 for doing it on a call - if you want it at a decent length. Probably some prep work before (get them draft boards).

We can do both, I'm not against that. And yeah, probably best to put that sort of rule in next time.

yeah, that sounds about right. let's do something like this sometime down the road... idk, I'll leave it to you lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:23 PM

I think at this point we should just start over, I mean does anyone actually remember any drafts? I don't even remember the ones I wrote XD

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#20 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

They're at the top of the page :|

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users