Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Rujio's Music

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:40 PM

Yup, I compose. I have 5 songs in the zip. Tell me what you think of them and what you do/do not like.
Download Here: http://www.mediafire...php?yehzwyt3mye
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#2 Ryrumeli

Ryrumeli

Hit by a meteor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Location:Inside a giant Mecha, fighting monsters in your city.

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:40 AM

Heh, well, first, just congratulations on this talent of yours. Believe me, I know just how hard it is to compose something of your own. (I wasn't made for it, unfortunately... >.<)

Well, if you allow my non-technical point-of-view on your songs...here I go! Feedback time! biggrin.gif

Hmm, first thing I noticed, you use Midi samples, don't you? Nothing wrong with them if you ask me, but they just sound...fake, maybe? I don't know, there are moments even I can hear trough them. <.<' Don't see this as an insult though, if you keep on training and improving, I could try helping you find and get some more professional sample packages. If you improve, with that style of yours, I would love hearing your songs orchestred-style. biggrin.gif Well, let me go for a small(?) review of each one of them.

Strings 1 - Sounds good. Simple song, it evolves pretty well, and stays low all the time. I can see the string effect you aimed for from 1:00 on, and yeah, it sounds messy with midi samples. (Even considering your PC's midi samples are better than my own's. XD) Well, it is classy, something I would see playing in a ball of sorts. smile.gif ...did I feel a slight stronger, and maybe influenced by asian music, style growing in the last 30 seconds? 'Cause I think I did. biggrin.gif

Strings 2 - Sounds quite like something out of a game's OST! Something like a merchant town! It has a little touch of arabia in it, I really enjoy it! In this one I barely had any problems at all with the midi samples. And honestly, that is the kind of song I would love to use in a hack, personally. XD It is good and charismatic, that is why. smile.gif

Oh! ...and after 1:42, it starts to grow into something closer to rock for about 20 secs, isn't it? The whole thing would sound good in guitars too if you ask me. wink.gif

....also, ever played "Azure Dreams" for the PS1? It did have quite a close style to the game's main theme. ...which is good, since I love that theme. XD

Strings 3 - Crescendo? Wasn't that how they call that kind of begging where things are slowly mounted over eachother and assembled togheter? ...oh god, I love those. >.> The beat keeping track of the rhythm does the right thing to pass a good mood for this song. It is simple, but structurally speaking, I *think* it is an advance if compared to the first one. Seems like a good music for a game like FE4, with huge maps and a lot of time to think in them. It is a good thinking song. With a tid of mystery. smile.gif

Synth 1 - Battle time! I could see that song for a battle theme, like those in old FFs. smile.gif With right to 99 of each item and all that. XD If it kept the beat for the whole time, the beat which came before the intro, it would be an amazing battle song. For now, it seems like a dungeon song for a game like Zelda. One of the darkest dungeons of course. smile.gif It has an interesting fake loop point, and the whole thing seems different at every second. My complaint on this one is that in some parts it feels too simple(I know that might be the effect you aimed for), and also that it ends somewhat abruptly. Like, out of nowhere it ju--

Anonymous - Short and sweet! Obvious evil theme appeal, I could hear that playing during a speech. A theme for a villain's villanic...words! Wow, and it is even shorter than my winamp said it was. smile.gif I don't know, I like where this one was going, but maybe it doesn't feel like a finished package. Not as accomplished as a song as the strings one, ya know?

Well, I think that is all I can say with my amateur ears. XP If you ask me, I fell in love with the complexity of Strings 2(Interesting song names. XD), and perhaps I would hold as my second favorite Strings 1, with Strings 3 right behind it. ...of course, I am biased for strings, so just ignore me if you may. XD

And if you allow me to check your influences... Gamming music, a lot of it... A more asian pace... Obvious touch from western classic too, something german in your first song... ...and for the second one, Tethys theme for the FE8! XD
user posted image
QUOTE (Akaihinata)
No Grey you have gay needs

QUOTE (Holy Kensai)
BECAUSE HE CAN CREATE ALL LIFE AND ALL EXISTANCE, BUT HE NEEDS YOUR MONEY!

#3 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:27 AM

I know the instruments aren't great. I use Finale PrintMusic, and as much as I'd love to upgrade to the full (which has AMAZING instruments), it's 300$.
Strings 1: I actually wrote the main part when I was about 7. 6 years later, it's this.
Strings 2: Glad you like it. I quite like how it came out. Also, the "rock" part is possibly my favorite part. I haven't, actually.
Strings 3: Sounds good, but any orchestra would stab me for writing it. Literally, each instrument spends at least half the song doing the exact same thing over and over again. But whatever, it sounds good, right?
Synth 1: I kind of meant for it to end abruptly. I really like the simplicity in some parts. The song keeps changing, but it's still the same piece, not a medley. I think this one is probably my best so far, although that may have to do with the uniqueness of the instruments.
Anonymous: It's actually the same thing in two variations. The faster one is the good side, or whatever, the slower is evil. Also, I left out the most evil part. It's from two pieces, which are both WIPs, but I can post what they have so far.

And yes, I know, I'm just AMAZING with naming my pieces XD. If you have any suggestions for any, I'm open. I'll try to get more up soon. I'm also trying to work the harp and woodwinds into it. I've actually found the harpxclarinet is very nice sounding and I'm working on that. Once I get on my compy with Finale, I'll try to get a few WIPs up.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#4 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

I just discovered a WIP I'd forgotten about ohmy.gif It's only about halfway done, but whatever. I quite like this one. Harp, Piano, Violin, Cello, and Flute.

Attached Files

• Attached File  362   4KB   0 downloads

?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#5 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

Just found this in a roundabout way; I was searching for downloads of String 7/8 (accidentally deleted them, happens I guess but shitsux) and here I now am. Honestly, I love your music- the complexity and layered parts of each song combined with the sheer sounds of strings and epic, nigh legendary overall sound mood/themes put me in mind of beautiful fantasy-esque songs, perhaps played for royal courts or such appreciators of fine music. They put me in mind of trains of such mythical thought I've had more than half my life now, and I love the songs the more for it. However, the first download link ( a zip) has apparently been removed from the host. Frankly, the thought that you've made songs and I haven't heard all of them is hugely disappointing. Would you mind rehosting that somewhere, along with any others you haven't shown yet but feel like showing?

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#6 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

Here's a sort of hodge-podge mixture of stuff: http://soundcloud.com/rewjeo
Not everything is in there (and much of what is is outdated), and there's some stuff in there which maybe you shouldn't necessarily be seeing yet, but, y'know, whatever. I'm too busy to deal with that and to really reply to that comment right now. Gogogo 16 hour schooldays.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#7 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

Ah, hate those. Cheers nonetheless.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users