Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Election Day

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

"Half of Americans have never voted for President. Half of Americans have never read a newspaper. One hopes it is the same half."

Every four years, the citizens of America take part in a historical event. Millions stand in line to vote. Millions sit at home and wait for the news.

For those who are 18 and older, did you get a chance to vote? If you did, who did you vote for? Feel free to express why.

For those who are under 18. Who did you want to vote for? Did you even want to vote at all?

Feel free to tell your thoughts. Also, people. Please try your best not to start a flame war...
"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

#2 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

I think Obama is the better candidate so my hypothetical vote goes to him.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#3 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

I voted for Romney/Ryan. Romney is a mormon and they have really good morals, in most cases better than Christians, and I think that's a good thing for a president to have.

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#4 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

In all honesty, I really don't care who becomes president. Romney will most likely cater to the rich and upper class. Obama will most likely cater to the middle and lower class. Both will have their crowning moments. Both will make mistakes. I hope that Obama stays president because he will help the people who really need help. Romney will most likely focus on keeping the rich happy. My opinion is probably biased because I've actually met Obama before. He visits the people. A lot. I doubt Romney will do this.
"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

#5 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:dingleberries

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (Elwood @ Nov 6 2012, 09:07 PM)
I voted for Romney/Ryan. Romney is a mormon and they have really good morals, in most cases better than Christians, and I think that's a good thing for a president to have.

Yea, him wanting to rob women and homosexuals of constitiutional rights is moral. And people call Obama the communist. Oh the irony. At least he let us keep EQUAL rights. Ya know, the principle that this contry was founded on.

On a side note its not considered kosher to ask a person who they voted for. It's supposed to be a secret. Which is why the people who are instagramming their ballots are stupid.

EDIT: I hate when someone says they vote for a person based on what their religion is. People keep forgetting that we're supposed to keep church and state SEPERATE. Ugh.
user posted image

#6 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

If I could vote, it would be for Obama. Because he's more moral. I may live in Utah and spend plenty of time around really pleasant people due to that, but there's a big difference between pleasant people living in an area known for being Mormon and someone being Mormon automatically having good morals. Seriously, Romney reeks of arrogance and is hardly a proponent of equal rights, which is absurd in a country based on the principles the USA is based on.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#7 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (Rujio @ Nov 6 2012, 10:53 PM)
If I could vote, it would be for Obama. Because he's more moral. I may live in Utah and spend plenty of time around really pleasant people due to that, but there's a big difference between pleasant people living in an area known for being Mormon and someone being Mormon automatically having good morals. Seriously, Romney reeks of arrogance and is hardly a proponent of equal rights, which is absurd in a country based on the principles the USA is based on.

THANK YOU!!
user posted image

#8 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

I would have voted Obama if I were American. You guys seriously need a non-two party system though. I'm a major supporter of public health care and to top it, Romney's foreign policy is the most terrifying thing I've seen in a while.

Thankfully for my heart, Romney is toast. It's only projected 158-147 Romney right now, but 84 safe votes aren't counted. Romney needed more east coast votes, but that hasn't materialized. Romney is running off fumes.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#9 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

We really do need something to shake up this two-party system. It has made everything so incredibly stagnant. Unfortunately, no third party/independent candidate can get into the debates or afford a billion dollars in adds to go for president. The two-party system is honestly terrifying, though. Once upon a time, the tyranny of the majority was the greatest fear for democracy in America. Now it's the goal both parties strive for.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#10 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

I hate this bipartisanship too. Congress no longer cares about us or doing whats best. All they care about is doing what makes their party happy. They just sit there and fight instead of passing legislature that really MATTERS.
user posted image

#11 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (arimibn @ Nov 6 2012, 06:53 PM)
Also, people. Please try your best not to start a flame war...

It's seems I sparked something with Zephyr. Sorry. :/

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#12 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

When I'm named Grey ppl say Gray

When I"m named Zepher ppl say Zephyr

I cant win <w>

And I had no intention of starting any flame wars.
user posted image

#13 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (Zepher Tensho @ Nov 6 2012, 08:40 PM)
All they care about is doing what makes their party happy.

Welcome to Canada. Our MPs always vote according to party lines. It really screws up some contentious issues.

RedBlue.png

#14 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

Obama just won *dances* wooooooooooooooooooo!!
user posted image

#15 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

Could be a runaway here. Florida and Virginia aren't even counted in the Electoral College yet.

Could easily be 300+.

Nate Silver projected 315...I could see him going 50 for 50.

RedBlue.png

#16 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

Mind you, Virginia, Ohio, and Florida are all *very* close right now. Obama only needs one of them or a combination of Nevada and Colorado to win, though, so I really doubt it's going to Romney. And I don't mind, to be honest.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#17 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

Obama already won. He already has over 270 electorial votes.
user posted image

#18 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

CNN is currently showing 303 Democrat votes.

My estimate of 297 was pretty close tongue.gif

RedBlue.png

#19 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

Thats winning by a big margin. Isn't Romney still at only 200 something?
user posted image

#20 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

Mittens needs to tell the truth and stick to one issue. Oh, and then there's the fact that he doesn't have a personality, and makes up all his facts. Obama isn't perfect, but he's sure a hell of a lot better than Mittens. Also, most of the reasons why many Americans hate Obama, are based on things that he doesn't control/ biased news like Fox (MSNBC isn't unbiased, but liberals don't have all these crazy ideas about Romney, like the conservatives do about Obama). I'm glad he pulled the victory (unofficially).
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users