Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Tsunami in Japan

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Ridge

Ridge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

Well, I guess. But still, their ancestors are no reason for us to dislike them. That's like Africa disliking Americans because we had slaves a hundred and fifty years or so ago, even if we realized that it was wrong.
My YouTube Channel - TheCobaltPhoenix

Hey, I'm Ridge. That's actually my first name, too.

user posted image
user posted image

#22 Swordsalmon

Swordsalmon

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:52 PM

I laughed at the moron who said "They started WWII" Um no, that was the Nazi's you stupid ****.

Actually, the Sino-Japanese War could be considered a front of WWII, and that happened before Nazi Germany invaded anyone. In a way, Imperial Japan did start WWII.

Well, I guess. But still, their ancestors are no reason for us to dislike them. That's like Africa disliking Americans because we had slaves a hundred and fifty years or so ago, even if we realized that it was wrong.

I agree. Though in Japan case, they can still be rightly criticized for their role in WWII, because they still never apologized for their crimes against humanity and censor some of their roles in the war.

However, that still doesn't make this any less of a tragedy, and it is stupid for people to cheer for the Japanese deaths. I hope things will eventually improve there, but the death count is already enormous.

#23 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

^Hahahahah Salmon wins! What are you, a history teacher? =P

Anyway, like Salmon said, it's stupid to cheer for the Japanese deaths. Many of the people living in Japan probably had nothing to do with the politics or brutality of WWII, so I'm just thinking, "is a parent's sin the fault of their children?", to which I of course say "no" to. You can criticize the people of the past who made the errors but not the people of the present who have to carry that history with them--just carrying that history is enough.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#24 Ezra

Ezra

ring a bell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Mar 14 2011, 07:19 PM)
^Hahahahah Salmon wins! What are you, a history teacher? =P

Anyway, like Salmon said, it's stupid to cheer for the Japanese deaths. Many of the people living in Japan probably had nothing to do with the politics or brutality of WWII, so I'm just thinking, "is a parent's sin the fault of their children?", to which I of course say "no" to.  You can criticize the people of the past who made the errors but not the people of the present who have to carry that history with them--just carrying that history is enough.

yeah I agree too, I'd hate to have a finger pointed at me because my relative killed someone, or to be branded as a bad person simply because of my country ( even though people everywhere do that )

#25 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Being possibly the most awesome person in the world would be my interests, yes.

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:43 AM

It's very frustrating.

You know, I'm actually hearing comments a step down from those that were posted in that image... at school. All the time.

It's making me sick.
user posted image

#26 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:47 AM

@Marph: I never said they deserved it, what's happened/is happening in Japan is a horrible tragedy, but I just pointed out that Japanese sailors kill a lot more dolphins and whales that people think.
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.
Bloodfalcon22-pokemanzz cnt dye
FELover3- If I beat the shit out of them they do

Rujio -- Cows are more important than anything.
Rujio -- ANYTHING

Blood Falcon -- Hey bblues, are you able to ban the GoogleBot?
bblues -- I don't think so.
Blood Falcon -- Damn, lol.
bblues -- He's above the law : P

QUOTE (Grey_Tensho @ March 10, 2010 04:07 pm)
Bloodfalcon is as crazy over copyright as youtube is lol.

#27 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Being possibly the most awesome person in the world would be my interests, yes.

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

No, I understand, I'm just pointing out that their logic is stupid, whether or not its true that they kill dolphins and whales.

Anyways, good news. We finally called our friend over there. Yeah, I know they live in Hiroshima which is among one of the safest places in the country atm but she likes to travel so yeah. smile.gif
user posted image

#28 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:33 PM

Ahhh good news (I know this is late but still... it's not like Japan's tsunami troubles are over). I don't have any specific friends over there but then again I don't know more than .0001% of the U.S. population either and I'd feel bad if we got hit by a hurricane or something again, even if I think a lot of Americans are ignorant jerks >___>

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#29 Green

Green

hello world this be luka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:40 PM

I was on FEND and I saw a post regarding the earthquake in Japan...

QUOTE (ReiDemon @ Mar 26 2011, 12:12 PM)
Bump.

This might be old, but this image, taken on a bridge in Japan, makes me feel better about how quickly Japan is righting itself:

user posted image

Its nice to see Japan is recovering

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users