Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  xcrash1998 : (22 June 2019 - 09:24 PM) (Brushes dust of the Shoutbox)
@  Elwood : (17 June 2019 - 06:14 AM) *tumbleweed*
@  Lucina : (16 June 2019 - 09:19 AM) Whew. I haven't been here in forever.
@  Cero : (11 June 2019 - 06:51 PM) oof
@  kirant : (01 June 2019 - 05:54 PM) f
@  Fire Blazer : (30 May 2019 - 03:01 AM) rip
@  Valke : (29 May 2019 - 08:20 AM) bruh i deleted my discord a few months ago,,,,
@  Fire Blazer : (28 May 2019 - 01:59 AM) glad ur alive. join our Discord
@  Fire Blazer : (28 May 2019 - 01:59 AM) yo
@  Valke : (25 May 2019 - 03:08 PM) im alive, college finally gave me breaks (coupled with a few assignments i need to turn next week)
@  Valke : (25 May 2019 - 03:07 PM) hi
@  Valke : (25 May 2019 - 03:07 PM) guys
@  Fire Blazer : (25 March 2019 - 10:43 PM) how things have changed
@  Elwood : (12 March 2019 - 08:31 AM) (a sigh somewhere between small and large)
@  kirant : (12 March 2019 - 05:40 AM) (larger sigh)
@  Fire Blazer : (11 March 2019 - 08:49 PM) (small sigh)
@  Fire Blazer : (25 February 2019 - 05:07 AM)
@  Fire Blazer : (06 February 2019 - 04:34 AM) Cardfight Vanguard X? huh
@  Mercurius : (05 February 2019 - 10:49 PM) THE ONE SWITCH GAME I WANTED TO HAPPEN THE SECOND I LEARNED IT WAS REGION FREE PRE-RELEASE OMFG 2019 IS GIVING ME EVERY SINGLE REASON TO HAVE BOUGHT IT WOULD PAY ONLINE FOR 10/10
@  Fire Blazer : (03 February 2019 - 10:08 PM) plz no tumblrweed lol

Photo

Rate That Character Day 12: Donnel

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

This is self explanatory, You all rate the Character of the Day on a scale 1-10, but this series will have the ratings separated in four categories: Main Game, Postgame, Characterization, and Personal.

Anyway, get voting!

Main Game-This will address how well the character performs and contributes in the main story campaign.

Postgame-This will tackle how much usefulness characters have in the postgame/DLC content. Be it through being an active unit, supporting unit, or how good a parent the character can be for the 2nd gen.

Characterization-This will be how much you liked the character in the supports or story.

Personal- This category will be how how was YOUR experience with the character, like getting RNG Blessed or Screwed, the recruitment chapter they had, etc.

Favourite Marriage Pairing: Should be obvious

Day: 1: Chrom <scores pending>
Day 2: Tactician
Day 3: Lissa
Day 4: Frederick
Day 5: Sully
Day 6: Virion
Day 7: Stahl
Day 8: Vaike
Day9: Starcraft Miriel
Day 10: Sumia

Day 11: Kellam

Day 12: Donnel
Main Game:
Post Game:
Characterization:
Personal:
Marriage:

Go go go
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#2 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Main Game: 4/10. I'm assuming normal difficulty here, so Donny is definitely usable. I found him to be much better than the likes of Amelia, Ross and Ewan due to Aptitude, and once you get him out of Villager at 10-15 he'll have ridiculously high stats as a tier 1 unit. That means an earlier promotion for this guy, which is cool. Overall great stats for the main game, but requires babying more so than most others. Also, he can't use lances ever after villager, so his weapon ranks are useless.

Post Game: 5/10. Postgame is all about caps, and his caps really aren't good. I believe they're some of the lowest of all the characters. He's usable, but in higher level DLC he's not going to survive long.
However, he makes a great dad for female children who don't get galeforce from their mothers, as he passes down pegasus knight class tree, and he can pass down Aptitude, which is kinda nifty.

Characterization: 5/10. Kind of a male version of Nephenee. I find his optimism endearing, too.

Personal: 7/10. I don't train him often, but when I do, he makes later chapters a joke.

Marriage: Tharja or Sully. Tharja for optimization, Sully if I want galeforce on Kjelle.
user posted image

#3 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

Main Game - 6. Donnell has a weird spot. Even in normal mode, he's not exactly all that useful when he gets there, is only marginally useful for a while, gets really useful at one point, and then lets everyone catch up to him if you let the game run on too long. That weapon rank is all screwy for him too. On harder difficulties, getting him to even get a single level up to recruit him becomes a challenge at the best of times. Too much work either way for lots of people.

Postgame - Abstain

Characterization- 2. Another character with little to no personality. The most memorable thing about him is his pot hat. At least Nephy (mentioned by Bobryk above) has some sort of comparison; she looks the part of a badass soldier (who coincidentally lost their pants somewhere) and destroys that expectation the second she opens her mouth. Or does anything off the battlefield.

Personal - 3. AAAAHH. How can you be as useless as archer guy? Seriously.

Marriage- Absstain

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#4 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:dingleberries

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (Bobryk @ Jan 24 2014, 06:36 PM)

Main Game: 4/10. I'm assuming normal difficulty here, so Donny is definitely usable. I found him to be much better than the likes of Amelia, Ross and Ewan due to Aptitude, and once you get him out of Villager at 10-15 he'll have ridiculously high stats as a tier 1 unit. That means an earlier promotion for this guy, which is cool. Overall great stats for the main game, but requires babying more so than most others. Also, he can't use lances ever after villager, so his weapon ranks are useless.

Post Game: 5/10. Postgame is all about caps, and his caps really aren't good. I believe they're some of the lowest of all the characters. He's usable, but in higher level DLC he's not going to survive long.
However, he makes a great dad for female children who don't get galeforce from their mothers, as he passes down pegasus knight class tree, and he can pass down Aptitude, which is kinda nifty.

Characterization: 5/10. Kind of a male version of Nephenee. I find his optimism endearing, too.

Personal: 7/10. I don't train him often, but when I do, he makes later chapters a joke.

Marriage: Tharja or Sully. Tharja for optimization, Sully if I want galeforce on Kjelle.

How does Donnel marrying Sully give Kjelle Galeforce.
user posted image

#5 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

Donnel passes down the pegasus knight class tree to female children. So Kjelle will have the option to second seal into a pegasus knight/dark flier.
user posted image

#6 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

Dammit Grey, you took the time to read his post.

Give your own opinion!
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:08 AM

I liked Bobryk's joke on Donnel's Personal lol

Main Game: 3/10 - On harder modes he's worthless without absolute babying and I'm just not motivated enough nor is it worth it from a basic resource standpoint.
Post Game: 5/10 - Sure you can use him in the long-run and he has some solid growths but... you still have to baby him and with that portrait he'll always just be a Donnel
Characterization: 5/10 - Kind of stereotypical and not very deep outside of it. Doesn't really appeal to me.
Personal: 6/10 - no reason to hate him, but definitely not a go-to unit or anything either. he's almost like a bonus character to me... never one of my mains really >>;
Marriage: Too young to marry, N/A

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:dingleberries

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (Seraphinox @ Jan 29 2014, 07:30 AM)
Dammit Grey, you took the time to read his post.

Give your own opinion!

>8U NO! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME G- ok

Main Game: 1/10 Nope. Don't touch him. I wait til post game, when I have lots of people with lots of Rally skills, so he can tank his Paralogue without worry.

Post Game: 8/10 BEAST MODE GO. Seriously, his Aptitude skill cuts down on extra level grinding.

Characterization: 5/10 I haven' had too many supports with him, but I did love his supports with Maribelle.

Personal: 8/10 He's always pretty good for me, makes for a good hero, and his high luck growth lets him take full advantage of Armsthrift.

Marriage: Only pairing I've done with him was Maribelle, and it was pretty damn adorable~
user posted image

#9 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

Main Game- 4/10 He's not great, he requires babying badly, he's godawful on harder difficulties. Uh, I guess he's decent for a little bit if you DO train him.

Postgame- 4/10 Aptitude is decent, shame he's not. At least he gives decent skills/classes to his (female) kids?

Characterization- 3/10 He just goes nowhere, and he always wears that bloody pot on his head, which is just stupid.

Personal- 2/10 First time I played, skipped the paralogue text and never recruited him. Maybe it was better that way. Pass down skills only.

Favourite Marriage Pairing: Sully maybe, for galeforce Kjelle.

#10 EmblemEmbassy

EmblemEmbassy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

Main Game- 8/10 Ok. Here me out. I would get him early on, and I would get into battles and fight to level him up to the same levels as my units. He was really strong. I really liked all of his promotions. Keep in mind that this is my first physical copy of a fire emblem game. I would play on Casual Normal. dry.gif

Post-Game- 4/10 I would always battle spotpass characters to make my people really strong. In the end, Donnel got the boot.

Characterization- 4/10 I loved him on the first run, but then the pot got annoying.

Personal- 5/10 I mean, he can be good, but later on sucks.

Favorite marriage pairing: I was only able to get him marry Cherche, and Gerome sucked. The only good thing was the supports. oh well.
Well. This is awkward.

#11 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

Main Game-10 At the start he required a little babyssitting but he could he could take care of himself pretty quickly.

Postgame-10 Donnel is easily my best unit. It's very rare he doesn't one hit an enemy and even more rare that an enemy could hurt him.

Characterization-10 I loved his farmboy speech patterns and how he was always laying traps for people in supports

Personal- 10 He had a unique recruit requirement (level him up before the end of the battle) which I thought was cool. Over all he was my most reliable unit that wasn't a Lord or the Avatar.

Favourite Marriage Pairing: Lissa. That proposal was the most adorable thing ever.

In case it wasn't obvious Donnel is pretty much my favorite character in Awakening.

jh7otj.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users