-This is a personal programming project that I will be working on throughtout the summer.
-I will be coding the game in Java (only language I know).
-I'm still a slight beginner in Java (learned it last summer) so don't expect something amazing.
-The game will be similar to the games in the Dragon Quest series.
-The code will be open source on sourceforge.
-If you want to use some of the code, go ahead, but please mention what you are using so that I know what I did well!
-If you want, you can help me with this project (check the "How you can help" section).
-I'm not expecting a TON of people to help, but it'd be nice if some did
I hope that this becomes a big success
*Note that there is no code up yet
(Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
Warrior - Has high health with moderate attack/defense and low speed/magic points.
Thief - Has high speed with moderate attack/magic points and low defense/health.
Priest - Has high magic points with moderate speed/defense and low attack/health.
Assassin - Has high attack with moderate speed/health and low defense/magic points.
If you want to help with this project here is what you can do:
1. Look at the source code and see if you can spot any mistakes in my code/see any ways the code could be improved
2. Help with the game mechanics (i.e. how to calculate the damage done, etc.)
3. Help with the storyline (suggest how it should continue/what could be changed)
4. Help with the artwork (mostly large images; like the images for the prologue/main menu). Artwork I will need help with will be in the Artwork section
5. If you can't help with any of the above mentioned points, but you still want to help. Then just download the game (once it's at a slightly playable stage) and test it out to see if it looks and feels right. Just remember to leave feedback!
1. You will receive my thanks (obviously)!
2. Your name will be in the helpers section.
3. Your name will be in the credits of the game (if I manage to get that far)
If you decide to do the artwork then know that you can make the prince however you want him to. If your art is the one to be used, then your art will probably decide how the prince looks in the game.
-four 320X320 images for the prologue
-the priest murmuring his prayer
-the priest about to set the crown upon the princes head
-the squire standing panting in front of the giant throne room doors
-the prince lifting a tapestry to reveal a staircase